RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
kbdog

E 79 Error!

So I was trying to get my Kinect to acknoledge a "system update" from a thumb drive but it woudl just not see the drive during boot up? So I noticed a folder called "flash" and deleted the files in it :huh: . I did make a copy of the folder before doing it but when I rebooted with the controller I got the black screen with E 79. I booted with the tray and got the XELL blue screen but all it does is scrolls through with an ip address? How can I place the folder back? so I can at least get back where i was? Also has anybody been able to get that damn kinect system update to work? My avators all have that default look and I can not play any kinect games.

Yes, Im a noob :(

Thanks

you deleted the core system files you idiot lol, everything in "flash" is needed for the xbox 360. if you dont know what it is, leave it alone.

you need to flash your xbox again via the xell menu, do a search on the forum "how to update your kernal"

plenty of tutorials on it.

• Like 1

Which version of XeLL has the NAND got on it at the moment?

Build a new image for your console (JTAG/Glitch), rename it to updflash.bin and put it on the root of a FAT32-formatted USB stick.

Boot your console to XeLL with the USB stick connected and tell us what happens.

For future reference, DO NOT modify/delete ANY files from the Flash:\ partition unless you know what you are doing.

In fact, disable the Advanced File Manager view in FSD and then you won't be tempted to mess with any files there :).

• Like 1