RealModScene
lilmrjacob

Gpu fan speed control, controls cpu fan speed & vice versa!

I have a fresh jtag xenon dash 16537. With xexmenu, fs3 r775 an dashlaunch 3.11. I have not touched the fan speed in fs3, only in dashlaunch ( not the temp Threshold ) just the CPU and GPU fan speed . But the GPU fan speed controls the CPU fan speed and the CPU the GPU fan speed . I've Formatted the hard drive And reflash the NAND again , and the same thing! And yes I googled the hell out of this found nothing ?!!?

Could anyone help me out with this please?

PS first jtag , first problem , first post.

I'm Not a total noob I have pertty good idea of what I'm doing

It's better to lower the tresholds then to mess with the fanspeed, if you are going to change the fanspeed set it to 100% anything less may end up causing more harm then it does any good...

You should probably set both the GPU and CPU fan to the same level, setting it any different will cause bad balance with the airflow... after all, both the fans are right next to eachother with a fanduct to force the air the way microsoft wanted it... there is no wall between them...

i would not put your fan speed at 100%. i did on my xenon and it keep RROD. i have my fan speed at 80% and its about 150f to 160f. still to hot for my liking but no more RROD. i hop this help. ohh by the way no dvd drive with computer 80mm right on top of the GPU. fan wired to the back fans.  about 6 months runing now

Ok please read my temps are ok ambient temp 25/30c (idle CPU 57c GPU 46c MEM 46c) I've added extra fans Changed Thermal paste.

BUT THIS IS ABOUT DASH LUANCH .

In system info of dash launch.

The GPU fan control, controls the CPU fan.

And the CPU fan control, controls the GPU fan!

Can someone confirm this for me?

Is it just me?

If it is just me, what could be causing the problem?

Is this a problem dash launch?

Can I stop freaking out ?

How do you know that it's messed up? By checking temps? By looking at the fans with no fanduct?

The temps you do have are quite alright, normal cpu temp on xenon is around 80 when idle in dashboard...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I checked the fan and temps to test

Test with the GPU and CPU fan control.

GPU fan to 100% in dashlaunch CPU temp gos down.

GPU fan spin slow!

CPU fan flat out !

Turn GPU fan speed down, turn CPU fan speed UP 100%.

GPU temp goes down and CPU temp gos up.

CPU fan slow !

GPU fan flat out!

100% GPU fan speed control, controls cpu fan. And CPU fan control, controls GPU. 100%

I have tested an tested

Now is it just me?

Can some one els test?

dont worry, once you change gpu/cpu fan settings from Dashlaunch things started going wrong in FSD

Only change fan settings from FSD, never try to adjust settings from dashlaunch

Now, you have to wait till new Microsoft update, when you update your JTAG next time you'll see that settings in Dashlaunch returned to defaults

(even if now you try to return default settings from dashlaunch it wont recognise)

there's new microsoft update 16747 these days, take XeBuild and make update

and never change gpu/cpu fan speeds from daslaunch, from FSD adjust it like 65% min.

dont worry, once you change gpu/cpu fan settings from Dashlaunch things started going wrong in FSD

Only change fan settings from FSD, never try to adjust settings from dashlaunch

Now, you have to wait till new Microsoft update, when you update your JTAG next time you'll see that settings in Dashlaunch returned to defaults

(even if now you try to return default settings from dashlaunch it wont recognise)

there's new microsoft update 16747 these days, take XeBuild and make update

and never change gpu/cpu fan speeds from daslaunch, from FSD adjust it like 65% min.

NEVER EVER change the fan settings by FSD... it's ALOT better to change the temp tresholds rather then changing the fanspeed... that way you alter the algorithm instead of locking the fanspeed

Also, Dashlaunch changes the settings the SMC_Config, so rebuilding the nand won't reset defaults... they'll stay there untill you replace SMC_Config

Fsd 3 fan control SUX!! Only changes fan speed of CPU on a PHAT console and NOT the GPU!

Don't want to use Temperature threshold to set the smc_Config. Because of the problem I'm haveing. Because I don't know if the Problem I'm haveing with the CPU fan speed control, controlling the GPU fan speed in DASH LAUNCH. I don't know if it will do the same thing with seting the Temperature threshold settings, and set the temperatures for the wrong one (GPU/CPU).

Will some one with a PHAT console see if they have the same problem as me (read the above post's from me) THAT'S ALL I NEED TO KNOW, PLEASE, THANKS.

Anyone

Fsd 3 fan control SUX!! Only changes fan speed of CPU on a PHAT console and NOT the GPU!

Don't want to use Temperature threshold to set the smc_Config. Because of the problem I'm haveing. Because I don't know if the Problem I'm haveing with the CPU fan speed control, controlling the GPU fan speed in DASH LAUNCH. I don't know if it will do the same thing with seting the Temperature threshold settings, and set the temperatures for the wrong one (GPU/CPU).

Will some one with a PHAT console see if they have the same problem as me (read the above post's from me) THAT'S ALL I NEED TO KNOW, PLEASE, THANKS.

Anyone

Changing the tresholds make the system change when it raises the temps, it's not part of dashlaunch...

The reason it's messed up is because only xenon's truly have them seperatly, all other models have the gpu controlling both fans... cOz don't have a xenon...

Changing the tresholds make the system change when it raises the temps, it's not part of dashlaunch...

The reason it's messed up is because only xenon's truly have them seperatly, all other models have the gpu controlling both fans... cOz don't have a xenon...

So the CPU fan control, controlling the GPU fan speed and vice versa. Is that Just a bit of a stuff up with dash launcher ?

An ill give Temperature threshold settings a go. Ill see if it works. And see if it adjusts the right one!?

So the CPU fan control, controlling the GPU fan speed and vice versa. Is that Just a bit of a stuff up with dash launcher ?

An ill give Temperature threshold settings a go. Ill see if it works. And see if it adjusts the right one!?

It should adjust the correct one, however... it might adjust both at the same time (most likely)

Yes, it's a mixup in Dashlaunch which causes the CPU/GPU fan controls to be mixed up, it may be corrected in the next release...

Hi it's my first thingy so, I downloaded the new update (version: 3.0 r775 - beta) automatically by my xbox and when the download completed, it asked me to do somethings and I chose "restart F3" and that update screen came but in the end it said "update failed, please update manually" so how can I do that ?

Hi it's my first thingy so, I downloaded the new update (version: 3.0 r775 - beta) automatically by my xbox and when the download completed, it asked me to do somethings and I chose "restart F3" and that update screen came but in the end it said "update failed, please update manually" so how can I do that ?

There is a guide to how you do a fresh install, do that ;)

umm sorry for the noob question what is the temperature treshold?? i always control fan speed by freestyle as if i don't cpu and gpu temperature ascend over 80c 
is this a setting in dashlaunch ??? 

umm sorry for the noob question what is the temperature treshold?? i always control fan speed by freestyle as if i don't cpu and gpu temperature ascend over 80c 

is this a setting in dashlaunch ???

It's part of the SMC_Config, but dashlaunch installer have the ability to edit these settings for you aswell, go to the advanced tab and you'll find it ;)

• Like 2

From Prayer @ http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/1092-fan-speed-trinity-fsd-problem/#entry8071

1. Open Dashlaunch 2. In Dashlaunch find the "System Info" tab by pressing LB or RB3. In the System info tab You'll see the CPU, GPU and EDRAM Target Temperatures. They indicate on which temperature the fan will kick in. So let's say you set all your temps at 60, if the GPU, CPU or EDRAM go beyond 60°c the fan will start spinning faster and thus lowering the temperature to its desired point that you have selected.4. Check the small box beside the "CPU Fan Speed Override". This will make your fan spin at an auto speed.5. On the bottom of the screen select "Save Config" and by pressing B you'll exit Dashlaunch.And that's it!By the way, I usually keep my fan overriden. It is spinning at a constant speed of 45% and my temperatures never go beyond 60°c! You can do that by not checking the box that stands beside the "CPU fan override" and by setting your desired fan speed in that very same tab ;%29.gif

The 45% override option has given me the best fan noise vs. temperatures results.  It keeps the CPU temp right around 58.4c & the rest even lower.  Perfect.  Will have to test it out when gaming in the future but it should still keep it at a good range.

Even at 40% override my CPU temp stays around 62.4c when I use to hit 72c idling.  And the noise level is constant so you don't get the helicopter is taking off fan affect like you do when using auto targets.

There is more info from Prayer here too:  http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/401-what-is-the-proper-temperature/page-2

The 45% override option has given me the best fan noise vs. temperatures results.  It keeps the CPU temp right around 58.4c & the rest even lower.  Perfect.  Will have to test it out when gaming in the future but it should still keep it at a good range.

Even at 40% override my CPU temp stays around 62.4c when I use to hit 72c idling.  And the noise level is constant so you don't get the helicopter is taking off fan affect like you do when using auto targets.

There is more info from Prayer here too:  http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/401-what-is-the-proper-temperature/page-2

Personally i do NOT recommend setting static fan speed, use the option to change your temp tresholds instead, it's by far safer because it'll raise the speed when it's needed...

Personally i do NOT recommend setting static fan speed, use the option to change your temp tresholds instead, it's by far safer because it'll raise the speed when it's needed...

I understand that thresholds supposed to be the normal & best option for the cooling vs fan longevity debate.  But after trying it with thresholds set @ CPU: 60c/GPU: 60c/EDRam: 60c, in practice it just not good on the noise front.  Everything is fine at boot up but once the CPU hits 60c it sounds like an old helicopter is about to take off.  And it takes a good amount of time for the temp to get a couple of degrees below 60c for it to start to wind down.  I am not sure @ what level the fans run when they haven’t hit the threshold but I think keeping them @ a constant 45% should still last a while.

I did notice something...  Since the CPU controls the GPU fan on the slims...  It seems the staggering of the temp should always have a 4 degree for GPU & 6 degree for EDRam difference at whatever you set the CPU temp too...  For example... If I set the CPU to 60c.  Then I notice the GPU & EDRam would run about 4-6 degrees cooler then the CPU.  Just something I notice... Will test thresholds some more but I really don't like the continue changing of the noise ranges when using it.  It gets annoying fast.  Maybe of one would keep the XBox in a entertainment cabinet or if you always run your games crazy loud this would not be a problem.

I understand that thresholds supposed to be the normal & best option for the cooling vs fan longevity debate.  But after trying it with thresholds set @ CPU: 60c/GPU: 60c/EDRam: 60c, in practice it just not good on the noise front.  Everything is fine at boot up but once the CPU hits 60c it sounds like an old helicopter is about to take off.  And it takes a good amount of time for the temp to get a couple of degrees below 60c for it to start to wind down.  I am not sure @ what level the fans run when they haven’t hit the threshold but I think keeping them @ a constant 45% should still last a while.

I did notice something...  Since the CPU controls the GPU fan on the slims...  It seems the staggering of the temp should always have a 4 degree for GPU & 6 degree for EDRam difference at whatever you set the CPU temp too...  For example... If I set the CPU to 60c.  Then I notice the GPU & EDRam would run about 4-6 degrees cooler then the CPU.  Just something I notice... Will test thresholds some more but I really don't like the continue changing of the noise ranges when using it.  It gets annoying fast.  Maybe of one would keep the XBox in a entertainment cabinet or if you always run your games crazy loud this would not be a problem.

Slims only have 1 fan, and they also have the CPU/GPU built into the same package, meaning they share the same cooling area...