RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Salman KH Almaliky

ISP Closed all ports!!! help!!!!!

Hi,

The ISP (Earthlink tele) has closed all ports in Iraq....and now all the ports are closed and this is a serious problem because i can't play LiNK anymore!!....I have tried wired network to my laptop and by using VPN the ip address shown up but JQE Server doesn't response and also the ports still closed....... is there any solution?? or am i have to say goodbye to LiNK??? any suggestions?  Please help!!!

Thanks.

There isn't much you can do if your ISP blocks you...

You'll have to bypass their blocks in order to connect, to do that you need to set up a VPN in your router (setting up a VPN with your computer won't help)

I'm not sure if a VPN would work with LiNK tho...

Another solution would be to talk to your ISP and see if they could lift the blocks, ask them why they are blocking you... maybe they'll tell you what you can do to get "unblocked" or however one should call it...

• Like 1

There is no VPN option in the router.....I have searched how to add a VPN option to my router and I found that u must set a hacked firmware to the router to add VPN......it is not reliable because it causes many problems to the router and may break it down......anyway, I have asked ISP why they blocked the ports and they said "because of the hackers" ?? I didn't understand anything from these bastards! anyway Thanks Swizzy.

VPN would work for link but you need to ask your VPN provider for the manual ports to enter into your router/software configuration if your setup is xbox > pc > router.

You could also try another VPN provider :)

• Like 1