RealModScene
waifung102

Why my xbox shows 'a system update is required to use Kinect'?

After i update my kernel version to 16547. However, my xbox 360 show update required. (A system update is required to use Kinect. To get the update, sign in to Xbox Live. For more info, visit www.xbox.com/update)

post-8182-0-53394900-1397127826_thumb.jpg

After i update my kernel version to 16547. However, my xbox 360 show update required. (A system update is required to use Kinect. To get the update, sign in to Xbox Live. For more info, visit www.xbox.com/update)

It's because your Kinect needs an update OR you need to install the new Kinect support files...

Did you install the avatar stuff? if not; do it!

But how to instal avater stuff?

SystemUpdate_16547_USB ?? For this just direct copy the file to USB drive and plug in the xbox 360. It will automatic update?

I was follow all the tutorial about how to update avatar/kinect. But what i am facing is post-8182-0-53394900-1397127826_thumb.jpg . Still the same, $systemupdate or $$ystemupdate. When i plug the usb stick into my xbox 360 and it's still the same (Update required).

Could someone help me. I need help. TQ ><

Why don't you use XeBuild's Update Mode (UPDSERV) to update your console to 16747 and let it transfer the system update data to your console?

Read this great tutorial (thanks JPizzle!) and remember to replace 16537 files with 16747.

Why don't you use XeBuild's Update Mode (UPDSERV) to update your console to 16747 and let it transfer the system update data to your console?

Read this great tutorial (thanks JPizzle!) and remember to replace 16537 files with 16747.

If the Kinect itself needs to be updated, it doesn't work...

I was follow all the tutorial about how to update avatar/kinect. But what i am facing is . Still the same, $systemupdate or $$ystemupdate. When i plug the usb stick into my xbox 360 and it's still the same (Update required).

Could someone help me. I need help. TQ ><

Try having both folders on your usb drive with the correct content for your dashboard version...

Then you just start any program/game to trigger the update

BLD4K3Y, i think swizzy is right. XD

Swizzy, you mean both folders is ($systemupdate and $$ystemupdate) put together in my USB drive??  (my kernel version is 16547 so which mean use the 16547 $systemupdate?)

BLD4K3Y, i think swizzy is right. XD

Swizzy, you mean both folders is ($systemupdate and $$ystemupdate) put together in my USB drive?? (my kernel version is 16547 so which mean use the 16547 $systemupdate?)

Yes, and yes...

If you have both folders it should work no matter what configuration you have... :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Yes, and yes...

If you have both folders it should work no matter what configuration you have... :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ok. I will try it later. Hopefully everything will be fine. TQ Swizzy

Finally, i still can't update my kinect. post-8182-0-53394900-1397127826_thumb.jpg

I was putting 2 folder into my USB stick ($systemupdate & $$ytemupdate). But it's still nothing effect when i boot my xbox. (Only came out 'update required')

Finally, i still can't update my kinect.

I was putting 2 folder into my USB stick ($systemupdate & $$ytemupdate). But it's still nothing effect when i boot my xbox. (Only came out 'update required')

Did you try Starting a game?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Can anyone help me, I can't update my avatar and kinect. My dash is 16537, Im doing the system update, yes it updating but after it reboot, nothing happen. My avatar still grey and my kinect is not functioning still saying requires update.

Can anyone help me, I can't update my avatar and kinect. My dash is 16537, Im doing the system update, yes it updating but after it reboot, nothing happen. My avatar still grey and my kinect is not functioning still saying requires update.

Did you have your Kinect connected while updating? did you get any errors?

Usually when it completes without errors it just works... but, there are rare cases where it doesn't work despite it not throwing any error message...