RealModScene
Mattie

XuiWorkshop v1.0.0.0 released by TeamFSD member MaesterRowen

yes, I had to make my own modifications to the xml file to get it to open it, but i can open them in both xui tool, and xui workshop, and i can modify properties in xui tool. I can even get xui workshop to export to binary, but I cant get the freestyle plugin to open the xur files, doesnt matter which program i use to build them, and if i build them with xui tool, then xuiworkshop crashes when I try to open them with that, and if I build them with xuiworkshop, it will load the xur file, just like it did with the original files from the freestyle plugin. I went through the source of this tool, and the save property buttons code is commented out, which is why I did what i did with the xml files to get it to open in xui tool, which added a bunch of new tools in the toolbox there, but are of no use, if I cant even change the text on 1 button, and rebuild. :(

If I use the extensions that are in the xuiworkshop release for xui tool, i get these errors.

1. Failed loading XML extension file: C:\users\...\xuiworkshop\binary\extensions\xui tool\CustomElements.xml

2. The xam scene class was not registered check the xml that defines the class is registered in extensions in the options dialog.

The only way I have gotten it to load in xui tool is with a custom xml file, that I spliced together my self from the existing files.:(, and that didnt build as binary, or me manually editing the text in the xml based xui file, that was created from the binary loaded into xui workshop, then built back into a binary with xuiworkshop. :(  I can get it to open in xuiworkshop, after it is compiled as a binary, and it opens fine, but the FSD Plugin will not open them. :(

Make sure your XUI Tool extensions are in this order:
xml_extensions.png?dl=1

Make sure your XUIWorkshop extensions are in this order:
xml_extensions2.png?dl=1

XUIWorkshop is more of a conversion tool than an editor- I had wanted to make it a full editor but didn't get to it.

Once extensions are in

1)   Open plugin XUR in XUIWorkshop

2)   Save as XUI - this will generate a .xui and a _ext.xui

3)   Open the .xui in XUITool

4)   Make changes in XUI Tool and save the XUI

5)   Open the XUI in XUIWorkshop

6)   Export the XUI to XUR using XUI Workshop

7)   Save over file in plugin HUDScene folder.

I will try that, and get back to you. :)

Edit: after putting the files in the order you have them in I am still getting the Class XamguideNav button not registered error when loading xui files from xui workshop :( if I dont try to open the file, the new tools show up in the toolbox.

I already had the xml extensions in that order for xui workshop, and it still doesnt export to binary properly. I have no problem with modifying the xui file with notepad++ to change the text, but when I export it, and copy it back to the console, the hud is still going back to the default. so i am guessing the problem the rest of the world is having is with the extensions in the download, as they may have not been updated to the ones you have, when xui workshop was released. :( If you want to shoot me a pm with a link to yours, I will run a diff comparison on them, against the version in the pack. :)

Thanks. It would explain why no one, not even swizzy, can get this to work. :) Maybe after it works I will look in to themeing the hud, mainly I was looking into it, because people still want to change it from Freestyle Home, to Aurora Home. Figured I would do it for them, and save them the headache. :) and if it is just a matter of the xml files, I will add a link to the op of this thread, and the other thread surrounding this, with some instructions on how to do this, so maybe people will start doing hud themes also, or at least custom coloring and what not. lol :)

• Like 1

Still getting the same errors in xuitool, and still not working, if I dump to xui, then create a binary out of the xui file, and that is with no changes at all, and I have the extensions you just sent me, in the order you specified. I dont get it. :(

Edit: after running a binary diff comparison on the files, both the original, and the one I created with xui workshop, out of the binary of the original, it appears to be replacing every hex digit of BA with hex digit of FD. I am assuming this is where the problem is, I will do some testing with my hex editor. :)

Found the issue, Had to use a hex editor on the xur files, and the extensions still didnt work with xui tool, but it appears, that the export function is writing the wrong hex value for the degree symbol to the xur, it should be BA, and when you export it changes to FD. Might want to look into that, every thing else works fine, except the XUI tool stuff, but I will post the modified xur files, with instructions for changing the Icon, then everyone can stop asking how to change the Guide from Freestyle Home, to Aurora Home. :)

• Like 1

Sent modified files to felida for testing, new icon finished, if it works for him also, I will release. Might modify the icon a little, as it is lacking definition when the button is selected. :)

For those who are interested here are the file differences, and I used an app named VbinDiff to get this info. the top file is the working file, and the bottom file is the file that XUI workshop exports. This is my modified file, but the same thing happened when I exported the xui from the default freestyle plugin stuff, and then remade the binary xur files. The differences are marked in red. :) As you can tell, it all has to do with the default text in the Temperature labels. Specifically the Degree symbol. :(

File_Differences.png

Working Modified HUD files can be found here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5360-aurora-plugin-patches/#entry43973 Enjoy. :)

• Like 2

Added a note with my findings, and a link to the xml extensions that worked for me to the op of the actual release thread. If you want to attempt this, and the official xui tool extensions dont work for you, as MaesterRowen is still using the ones that are released with the XUI workshop tool, then try the download beneath my note. This will not change the fact that you will still have to fix the Degree symbol, with a hex editor.

Edit: Found an easier way to fix the degree symbol, I added a second edit to the release thread explaining this. :) The symbol that corresponds to the degree symbol can be made in XUI tool, assuming you are using the modified XML files I posted, or If the originals work for you, use those, but if you replace the square symbol in the temperature boxes, with the symbol created by holding alt then hitting 1 6 7 on the number pad, and then releasing alt, this is an easy way to fix the problem without a hex editor. :) symbol should look like º :)

• Like 1

.xui not loaded with new extensions in the application xuitools

9f86173b6fc989c8aa52646d274c8afc.png

3fe90c9d936b448207957e6a2cf20688.png

a9512a1c23fc50db2cffa96f2cae39f8.png

6738ee7c843d2a29a8b7aaca9e17109c.png

and followed the instructions

1)   Open plugin XUR in XUIWorkshop

2)   Save as XUI - this will generate a .xui and a _ext.xui

3)   Open the .xui in XUITool

4)   Make changes in XUI Tool and save the XUI

5)   Open the XUI in XUIWorkshop

6)   Export the XUI to XUR using XUI Workshop

7)   Save over file in plugin HUDScene folder.

How many times do I have to say this, there is a problem with XUI workshop, when it converts back to XUI, it adds a missing control in the XUI, that is not in the extensions for XUI Tool. I have made new extensions, and they work great. They are posted with the op of the release thread, that Maester Rowen posted. The one you downloaded XUI workshop from in the first place. If they didnt work, I wouldnt have been able to change the HUD, and neither would Begal. I also have specific instructions added there, if you are going to change the Home Tab. I suggest you read it. The problem is in the xml extensions for XUI Tool. This has been fixed, go download my extension files, and your problem will disappear. You should also read the second edit. I am tired of repeating this, the work has been done. How am I the only one who could figure it out? I dont know, but after many posts, about how it didnt work, I found a work around, Documented it, and you are still having problems? Maybe you should try it. I know a novel idea, then if that doesnt work for you, I will help you further. I am tired of reading threads, and PMs, and you dont even take the advice, or use my Files. I know the files work, as begal was having the same issues, and after I told him how to do it, he has made 5 or 6 different themes. I made it easy, fixed it, and released the fixes, and you still cant read, or figure it out. I think at this point, if you arent going to read, then maybe you should theme something else. :(