RealModScene
grolly

updsvr not running

i have dashlaunch 3.12 installed and still can`t get updsvr running

i ran a seperate updsvr.xex file which tells me i need to update patches 

but update patches button in DL is greyed out also i have been through a number of DL release`s but not one has asked to update patches.

DL also shows board:trinity flash:unknown type:glitch

cheers

grolly 

Could you dump your nand and send it to me so i can check what's going on? (using Simple 360 NAND Flasher) it's probably an issue with your kernel not wanting to tell dashlaunch what version it has, which in turn makes dashlaunch unable to know which patchset to use, maybe you are on a old unsupported version?

• Like 1

thank you swizzy

BUT that leads to the main issue grrrrr LOL this 360 will not dump or write the nand. hence the reason i`m so desperate to give the xebuild/dashlaunch method a try.

IMG_20140406_105611.jpg

theres a screenshot of my xell,its says nand features will not be available????

if you still want a copy of my nand just shout LOL as i say though i can`t write it but i do have a dump on disc round here somewhere  :blushing:

Wow... you have some serious issues man :)

I'd recommend having someone look over the components (resistors) around your NAND, and dumping it the hardware way...

Most likely one of them resistors is bad or not connected properly as XeLL shouoldn't print out that error in normal cases...

Having a dump you made previously is kinda pointless, it'll most likely not have any issues, however... seeing as you have this error i'd say it's a hardware fault with the resistors there changing the configuration for the nand... (it probably thinks it's 8mb and not 16mb as it should) that'd explain why the dashboard don't work but xell do...

• Like 1

thank you so much swizzy,

finally a proper answer from someone who knows their stuff.

all i ever get normally is flash in xell or use one the many nand programmers.

i did send it away before the sweet dashlaunch/xebuild method to be hardware flashed but to be honest if i keep doing that LOL thats gonna cost a bomb.

i was told by one person that getting a new chip installed would not cure the problem?

oh yeah if you want a giggle/fright let me know and i`ll post pics of my chip(honestly it wasn`t me who installed it)

cheers

grolly

Sorry for noob questions but still learning... and have similar problem.
I did kernel update to 16747 along with dashlaunch. All looks ok but in dashlaunch menu i have greyed out patches and cannot update them. Any clue why?

Do I need to switch something else on?

post-26286-0-78061400-1399451487_thumb.jpg

post-26286-0-38528700-1399451492_thumb.jpg

post-26286-0-94928800-1399451494_thumb.jpg

The patches button is greyed (disabled) because you are already using the latest patches...

About the XeLL screenshot... it freezes on that stage due to you having a hitachi slim drive...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1