RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
steve51184

having problems with cod: blackops 2 dlc and mgs 5 to load?

my xbox has always been kept up to date with all the latest software and has always worked and loaded everything perfectly but i've started to have a few problems

the first problem i noticed was the new mgs 5 wouldn't load i just keep getting 'fatal crash' every time i tried to load the game.. i tried loading a god version and an extracted version but same error

i then moved an extracted version to a usb drive and the game will load and show me the main menu but after clicking start game and waiting for the loading screen to say 'press a to start game' (or w/e) it just goes to black

the second problem is i can't get ANY dlc to work with cod black ops2 i did have the nuketown and the first dlc map pack working when they first came out (uprising?) but when i tried to add the others i keep getting a 'dlc corrupt' error when starting the game (game work fine just no dlc at all)

i'm running:

xbox 360: 250gb slim upgraded with 500gb drive

dashboard/kernel: 2.0.16747

dashlaunch: v3.12 rev 548

fsd: v3.0b rev 755

and i've tried all the above games with and without the latest title updates with no luck

i'm really lost for ideas here and would love some help :(

It's probably related to corrupt data... I'd check the integrity of the data, and also check that your harddrive/usbdrive don't have any bad sectors etc... (they can cause problems)

Tried re downloading but same error plus why would my other 100+ games all work perfectly fine if the drive was curupted?

MGS 5 is literally the only game that doesn't work :(

I'm gonna have to agree with Swizzy on the one. Sounds to me like corrupt data. Try getting your game/dlc from a different source. Also it might be a good idea to avoid piracy talk. Generally speaking, most forums don't appreciate it.

Tried re downloading but same error plus why would my other 100+ games all work perfectly fine if the drive was curupted?

MGS 5 is literally the only game that doesn't work :(

It can happen at any time, data already stored on your harddrive will most likely NOT be effected by corruption caused by bad sectors or damage to the disk (unless of course the damage/bad sector happens to be where you stored that data...

but i've put on 10+ new games since mgs 5 and all work perfectly it's 100% not a hdd problem

Then it's probably gamedata problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Then it's probably gamedata problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

but i've redownloaded the game like 10 times now and i get the same error

but i've redownloaded the game like 10 times now and i get the same error

Yes, but probably the same copy? try a different copy!

You can play the american, european, nordic, japanese....... whatever version on your console, and i highly recommend NOT grabbing the "JTAG" or "RGH" versions, you never know what ppl did to them, maybe they stripped data (causing data corruption due to not finding the files it needs!) the best way is to ALWAYS convert it yourself...

Yes, but probably the same copy? try a different copy!

You can play the american, european, nordic, japanese....... whatever version on your console, and i highly recommend NOT grabbing the "JTAG" or "RGH" versions, you never know what ppl did to them, maybe they stripped data (causing data corruption due to not finding the files it needs!) the best way is to ALWAYS convert it yourself...

There's only one version from what I can see from complex and I always convert them myself and never get the jtag versions