RealModScene
JPizzle

XeBuild 1.12

xeBuild 1.12

============

Introduction:

=============

xeBuild is a command line system image builder for JTAG, glitch, and clean images.

Run the xeBuild program with no (or incorrect) arguments to see it's usage info.

What's New:

===========

- minor bug fixes

Current Limitations:

====================

- STAY THE HELL OFF LIVE! Nuff said, we're not you're mum.

How To Use:

===========

- See individual folders for lists of files to provide

- if desired provide replacement cpu and 1bl keys in text files

- open a command window in the xeBuild directory

- on the command line type, for example:

example - if you provided keys in appropriate text files

xeBuild.exe -t glitch -c falcon -d myfalcon myfalconout.bin

-t glitch = build a glitch type image

-c falcon = use falcon bl and patch set

-d myfalcon = a folder is present called "myfalcon" with per machine files, this uses it

myfalconout.bin = the file that will be produced

- type 'xeBuild.exe -?', 'xebuild client -?' or 'xebuild update -?' for command line info

Update and Client modes:

========================

Both modes require the supported updsvr running on the xbox, full functionality may require

updating console patches with the included hv patches. Both the PC and the xbox need to be on

the same subnet/LAN router.

Client mode is a simple way to read, write and patch flash as well as few other simple commands

such as the patch updater. The patch updater will look in the folders beside the exe for

{version#}\bin\patches_{type}.bin

which are full patches for whichever console and hack type, it will load and strip the patches

if needed and send them to the console. Note that only xebuild images are truly supported for this.

Most of the client mode commands should be available on any console, even unhacked devkits. See output

from 'xebuild client -?' for more information on the options available.

Update mode attempts to retain as much data about the console as possible, without having to

provide any info on the command line aside from optional/addon patches if required. After you

copy the $SystemUpdate folder into (in this example) the folder 16203 it is capable of taking

a simple command line like:

xebuild update -f 16203 -a nohdmiwait

It will fetch all the info from the console, and use the updater to update both the system flash

and avatar data on the console (provided you have an 360 formatted HDD internally in the console.)

It has some more advanced options to allow one to build the update image as well as dump the data

from the console as it's acquired, while even leaving the console data untouched. See output

from 'xebuild update -?' for more information on the options available.

Neither update or client image writes are able to affect bad blocks, but are able to write new ones.

If this happens mistakenly, an erase block command has been provided in client that will attempt to

clear the bad block - use with caution though, blocks get marked as bad for good reasons and is a normal

occurrence on NAND when a block becomes unreliable.

With big block machines, the server will attempt to retain any NAND mu data in the system area, provided

there is no system data to write in the image being sent. It's not foolproof, but update mode should not

corrupt NAND mu.

Example:

========

-take original console dump, put it in mytrinity folder as NANDdump.bin

-set CPU key and 1BL key in ini file, verify LDV from NANDdump.bin matches console fuses

if not set cfldv in ini file

-build (xeBuild.exe -t glitch -d mytrinity -f 13599), flash and hopefully life is good

.ini files:

===========

Just a word on the format... the ini parser is not very robust, the files need

to be plain ASCII, everything after a ; on a line is ignored, and spaces are

not acceptable (they get removed).

Things like CPU key and 1BL key, if present in the per box ini file need not be

placed anywhere else.

Optional Patches:

=================

Various optional patches are included for use with the -a option, they are:

nofcrt - removes fcrt.bin requirement on some drives

nohdd - disables detection of internal SATA HDD

nohdmiwait - HDMI consoles will no longer wait or EXX screen when video is not ready

nolan - disables wired LAN to prevent E75/76/77 on machines with a damaged PHY

nointmu - disables jasper NANDmu, trinity 4G internal USB and corona 4G MMC memory units

blmod.bin:

==========

Changing the patches to the BL that follows the BL that is executing during glitch attempts

has a direct effect on whether a machine will glitch. The provided patches are generic

and work well on most machines, but this per machine build addon can now be supplied without

modifying the base patches to CBB or CD via a file in the perbuild folder, they will simply be

tacked onto the end of CBB or CD, and the BL size adjusted to include this new data in the hash.

Keep in mind, it can take multiple attempts and re-flashing with different binary data to find

something that will boot at all, let alone be more effective for your console.

blmod is currently not supported by update mode.

Note:

=====

- DON'T USE THIS UNLESS YOU KNOW FOR SURE THAT YOU NEED IT! Using an incorrect

controller config can result in problems remapping bad blocks (even manually.)

If you have a 16M jasper, an additional build type has been added

'jaspersb', by default the image will be built for jasper with big block

controller (config 00023010), use this alternate switch to build for small

block controller (config 01198010.)

Multi build/options example:

============================

when you specify -f 13599 on the command line:

13599\filelist.ini

is parsed instead of data\filelist.ini

Also the bin directory is used from

13599\bin\

instead of

bin\

allowing anyone to create multiple builds without multiple instances or

rebuilds/hex edits/hacks of the main app.

The example provided is the last version of 13599 patch set from dash launch and

other files to build freeboot 13599

example use:

------------

xeBuild -f 13599 -d myfalcon x13599out.bin

-f 13599 : use .\13599\filelist.ini, and .\13599\ for firmware files, .\13599\bin\ for patches

-d myfalcon : use .\myfalcon for per build files (cpu key, keyvault, security files, ini etc.)

x13599out.bin: override auto generated name and produce .\x13599out.bin as the final NAND image

note, if -d ***** is not specified it will still use the original /data and /bin dirs

Devkit image building:

======================

This feature is currently considered Beta/Work In Progress.

A new image target type was added, "-t devkit" which builds 64M flash images for devkits. Currently untested,

building with a 00 filled CPU key will create a zeropaired devkit image that may allow one to boot a software

bricked devkit that one does not know the CPU key for and recover it to an operational state. By powering on

the console with such an image present, with a recovery DVD in the drive, the recovery software should be able

to create a new keyvault, re-pair the DVD drive to the new keyvault, and allow normal operation once complete.

Normal devkit image building when one does know their CPU key and thus has security files and keyvault should

work as expected.

Building devkit for glitch/jtag is also possible using the standard -t glitch/jtag methods. Sample ini

have been provided with this release, but will not work unless patches and files are supplied. Note that devkit

is not our focus, but was relatively easy and straight forward option to supply for those that wish to make

use of it.

jasperbigffs:

=============

Those who use large block NAND are now able to nearly double the size of the system file area

with this option with no apparent ill effects. Normally this option wouldn't be needed, but if one

wanted to experiment with more files in flash, or one was building a devkit image for a devkit with

a big block flash, this option is required.

support:

========

If you've found a bug or have a suggestion, please comment at

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/15-xebuild/ (English)

http://homebrew-connection.org/forum/index.php?board=8.0 (English/French)

Credits:

========

Without ikari this would not have been possible, thanks!

__ ____ ___ ___ _____

/ _|_ __ ___ ___| __ ) / _ \ / _ \_ _|

| |_| '__/ _ \/ _ \ _ \| | | | | | || |

| _| | | __/ __/ |_) | |_| | |_| || |

|_| |_| \___|\___|____/ \___/ \___/ |_|

[v0.10 - inspired by ikari]

R.I.P.

No this isn't freeboot, it is a clone and has always been since the last

release of ibuild.

Thanks and greetz to everyone who has contributed to hacking this

wonderful machine. Thanks to the engineers and countless others who made

the machine what it is... we only wish they had listened and RROD was

not a problem. If we were to list everyone here, there would be no time

left to play on the machine!

Thanks Team Xecuter for the Corona 4G! Thanks to JuggaHax, dayton360mods,

glitch360team and all other contributors for helping find a way to make Corona 4G golden!

Thanks to Free60, LibXenon.org, Redline99 and Tuxuser for providing xell builds <3

Thanks to Swizzy for making the official GUI front end for xeBuild, for always

adding the new stuff we shovel at him and never once complaining.

Big thanks to the folks at #freeboot on efnet for the tireless

hours of help you all give freely. Thanks to the testers who tirelessly

made sure stuff worked. Thanks to rgloader for doing the work yourselves,

there *is* no spoon, just a glitch in the matrix.

Don't believe what random people *cough* write on forums ..

-----

//2014

-----

Changes:

========

- check FCRT.bin signature with PIRS_pub.bin or MAST_pub.bin if available (selection based on content)

- check DAEP signed signatures in DAE.bin (usually 2) with PIRS_pub.bin if available

- check CRLP signed CRL.bin signatures with PIRS_pub.bin if available

- fix mobile extraction stalling process on corrupt NAND

- do not patch boot reasons into flash header for devkit and retail builds, only glitch and jtag

- added patch to kernel to attempt to block network until launch.xex has loaded (if available)

- add -o smcnocheck to image build options/ini; avoids fatal build error if smc is unknown

- add 16747

- fixed: was not automatically creating all the folders for 16747 avatar data to be valid

Use these new files with my XeBuild tutorial http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/

xeBuild_1.12.zip

16747.zip

common_folder.zip

C:\Users\TRANSPORTI\Desktop\dash\xeBuild_1.12>xebuild update -f 16747

---------------------------------------------------------------

xeBuild v1.12.659

---- { Update Mode } ----

started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.1.242

connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 (peek version 2)

**** could not read cf_16747.bin (-1) ****

******* ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!

***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

press <enter> to quit...

c

• Like 21

C:\Users\TRANSPORTI\Desktop\dash\xeBuild_1.12>xebuild update -f 16747

xeBuild v1.12.659

started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.1.242

connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 (peek version 2)

**** could not read cf_16747.bin (-1) ****

***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

press <enter> to quit...

c

You need to download the 16747 update and put in the 16747 folder...

• Like 1

I am new here and really don't like to spend much on getting the update from shops.  Can you please teach me how to update my jtagged xbox to the new software update please. thank you!

• Like 1

I am new here and really don't like to spend much on getting the update from shops. Can you please teach me how to update my jtagged xbox to the new software update please. thank you!

Try looking in the tutorial/guides section of these forums...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Everyone - just a quick clarification please:

I read the linked tutorial and used that for my last 2 updates. In the tutorial linked the the 16537.zip was simply the xbox 16537 official system update (as far as I am aware). This time with the links supplied for downloading the official update seems to be missing as teh 16747.zip file you download is only 15Mb worth of files.

Where do the files go from the 16747.zip file that have been supplied above? In the last 2 updates I have not seen these files so have no idea what to do with them. Only the $Systemupdate was ever supplied in the past (using the linked tutorial) - It seems that the files in the 16747 folder are similar to those that are in the common files downloaded file - but sorry - no idea what to do with teh files from 16747. (I knwo the files from the common_files.zip go, just not 16747... I would assume the 16747 folder... But the tutorial did nto cover that (not that I could see) so I thought it best to ask

In answer to the first post with the error it was stated teh 16747 update and place it in the 16747 folder - I assuem this means get the official 16747 update (like the last 2 updates) and place in corrcet fiolder and away you go?

Sorry for the hassle

Zephyr

• Like 1

Hey Everyone - just a quick clarification please:

I read the linked tutorial and used that for my last 2 updates. In the tutorial linked the the 16537.zip was simply the xbox 16537 official system update (as far as I am aware). This time with the links supplied for downloading the official update seems to be missing as teh 16747.zip file you download is only 15Mb worth of files.

Where do the files go from the 16747.zip file that have been supplied above? In the last 2 updates I have not seen these files so have no idea what to do with them. Only the $Systemupdate was ever supplied in the past (using the linked tutorial) - It seems that the files in the 16747 folder are similar to those that are in the common files downloaded file - but sorry - no idea what to do with teh files from 16747. (I knwo the files from the common_files.zip go, just not 16747... I would assume the 16747 folder... But the tutorial did nto cover that (not that I could see) so I thought it best to ask

In answer to the first post with the error it was stated teh 16747 update and place it in the 16747 folder - I assuem this means get the official 16747 update (like the last 2 updates) and place in corrcet fiolder and away you go?

Sorry for the hassle

Zephyr

Not sure what the contents of "16747.zip" is... but... grab the official 16747 system update, unpack it to the 16747 folder like the previous updates...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Huge thanks for the reply.

I shall do as instructed... And maybe Administrator might be able to advise what the files inside 16747.zip are or are for... More so out of curiosity as I noticed 63 of the 92 files are the same file names (different modified date) to those that exist in the common_files.zip

Appreciate you help :)

Update: went smooth and easy :)

• Like 1

Huge thanks for the reply.

I shall do as instructed... And maybe Administrator might be able to advise what the files inside 16747.zip are or are for... More so out of curiosity as I noticed 63 of the 92 files are the same file names (different modified date) to those that exist in the common_files.zip

Appreciate you help :)

Update: went smooth and easy :)

filesystem

Now we need a automated updater for the 16756 dash :)

There's no difference to how it's made, the difference is the patches, and the 16747 patches might work for 16756 aswell (very small changes, and none that should effect the patches)

I'm getting the following errors, I followed the instructions from;

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-freeboot-nand-update-tutorial/

As suggested in the post, changing 16537 to 16747 as you can see below.

X:\xeBuild>xebuild update -f 16747

xeBuild v1.12.659

started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.0.27

connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 <peek version 2>

***** ERROR: BL crc check failed! calculated: 5fcb0109 expected: 94a4ef68

**** could not read cf_16747.bin (-2) ****

***** ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!

***** ERROR: FATAL UPDATE ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

press <enter> to quit...

I'm still new to modding (I'm only use to the attual game installs, updates, Dlc etc.) and this would be my 2nd/3rd updating but first from this methord, I've previously updated via J-Runner and the other if I recall correctly was from dashlauncher but I'm not sure.

Here are my console details if it helps

CPU: C0A3C5FC48F5E4CEE00D9E1B36BDA29E

DVD: 679626F965C657E3ECA2FB6779B60C86

RGH2

Trinity

Gears of War Themed Console

IP Address: 192.168.0.27

Any help will be greatful, if you requre more information I'll do my best to supply it :)

Edit: typo

Update: Right stupidly I downloaded the lates $Systemupdate folder (16756) and put it in the 16747 folder, but I managed to get it installed, worked fine and then I updated to the latest 16756 and now it boots me straight in to the xbox dashboard :(

Just installing FSD3 again and seeing if that can fix things, though little gutted my database might disapear (removing the current set up I had).

I'll update this post again once done.

Update #2: Right I can access FSD3 if I got to the installer and tell it to instal FS3 it will load up however I can not open DashLaunch, it tells me it not compatible with 16756 (even though I've put DashLaunch V3.12 on the system). :( Hope some can help, with out DashLaunch working I can't do anything really :(

Update #3: SUCCESS!! Managed to get it fixed, dashboard updated to 16756, Dashlaunch V3.12 working thus loading FreeStyle Dash Rev775 (etc.) :D Had to make a new NAND with a GUI version of xeBuild.

If anyone was about to help thank you for the thought :) thanks for the updates too :D

Edited by ddsshocker

Update: Right stupidly I downloaded the lates $Systemupdate folder (16756) and put it in the 16747 folder, but I managed to get it installed, worked fine and then I updated to the latest 16756 and now it boots me straight in to the xbox dashboard :(

Just installing FSD3 again and seeing if that can fix things, though little gutted my database might disapear (removing the current set up I had).

I'll update this post again once done.

Update #2: Right I can access FSD3 if I got to the installer and tell it to instal FS3 it will load up however I can not open DashLaunch, it tells me it not compatible with 16756 (even though I've put DashLaunch V3.12 on the system). :( Hope some can help, with out DashLaunch working I can't do anything really :(

Update #3: SUCCESS!! Managed to get it fixed, dashboard updated to 16756, Dashlaunch V3.12 working thus loading FreeStyle Dash Rev775 (etc.) :D Had to make a new NAND with a GUI version of xeBuild.

If anyone was about to help thank you for the thought :) thanks for the updates too :D

Dashlaunch 3.12 doesn't support 16756, maybe someone made a patched version which does? idk... but... there is a new version of dashlaunch comming soon along with a new version of xeBuild (and the GUI)

• Like 2

Dashlaunch 3.12 doesn't support 16756, maybe someone made a patched version which does? idk... but... there is a new version of dashlaunch comming soon along with a new version of xeBuild (and the GUI)

Great lol little late form me haha but happy to use that in the future :p Thanks for the replay :)

Anyway that i can do that in a MAC ???

thanks!

Sure, run BootCamp or similar ;)

When will come a new version of xebuild?

i updated 16756 modded xebuild gui but i dont find 16756.pirs file and i dont use a avatar and dash files...

i use a new dasboard after update... i dont want fsd settings is remove for update.

when update come  i start a new fresh install. for my xbox360....

When will come a new version of xebuild?

i updated 16756 modded xebuild gui but i dont find 16756.pirs file and i dont use a avatar and dash files...

i use a new dasboard after update... i dont want fsd settings is remove for update.

when update come  i start a new fresh install. for my xbox360....

xeBuild 1.13 will be released when there is a need for it, along with that you'll have xeBuild GUI 2.094 and also Dashlaunch 3.13

Untill we release these tools, there'll be no reason for you to be on 16756, and the unofficial package is actually causing problems for many ppl, so you should be going back to the official 16747 instead

==================================

Swizzy's xeBuild GUI version 2.093

Log Started: Friday 2014-09-05 22:53:20

==================================

*** Some console information ***

CB Version: 9188

ERROR: Unable to decrypt KV using specified CPUKey!

This means the log will NOT contain information from your keyvault, it can be caused by etheir badkey or badblock/corrupt keyvault

Using xell-reloaded for Glitch hack

Including dashlaunch... Done!

Including custom dashlaunch settings (launch.ini)... Done!

Copying nand to data directory, this may take a while... Done!

Checking if SMC is Glitch or Retail...

Dumping current SMC... Done!

Checking SMC...

SMC is Glitch patched! it will be used the way it is...

Parameters sent to xeBuild:

-noenter -t glitch -c trinity -d data -f 16767 -b DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA -p 2247c57de107e03f841b94f5de14f57c   output.bin

Building nand using xeBuild (this may take a while):

xeBuild v1.12.659

base path changed to C:\Users\Hack\Desktop\XeBuild (16767)\files

---- { Image Build Mode } ----

building glitch image

**** could not read kv.bin (-1) ****

***** FATAL BUILD ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

xeBuild ERROR: image build error

ERROR: There was one or more fatal errors: 1 errors during the build process

Cleaning data and temporary directories... Done!

****** The app has now finished! ******

Can anyone help me please. I get this error everytime.

Can anyone help me please. I get this error everytime.

Your cpukey is incorrect... doublecheck it...

Your key is valid tho, so it's probably a case of someone using a MFG Donor to build your nand...

Can you send me your nand and i can check it for you... also, is there any particular reason you're trying to update to 16767?? it's not needed by any game... and you are actually using unofficial files!

• Like 1

Your cpukey is incorrect... doublecheck it...

Your key is valid tho, so it's probably a case of someone using a MFG Donor to build your nand...

Can you send me your nand and i can check it for you... also, is there any particular reason you're trying to update to 16767?? it's not needed by any game... and you are actually using unofficial files!

No I don't do it for any reason only to stay up to date. I will not make it thank you for answering. :D