RealModScene
twotrickpony

Updating from 3.0 Rev 58 to 3 Rev 775

Hello guys, I'm having a trouble. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post it in this forum (just please move it)

Well first thing's first, I'm kinda noob to jtagged xbox, I just bought one a month ago.

I wanted to install themes and other stuffs but I was told that for themes to work it should be upgraded to dash 3 rev 775.

Upon checking my jtagged xbox (E series, manufactured October 2013) specs, here's what I've seen:

Dash version 3.0 Rev 58

Kernel Version 2.0.16547.0

Skin 3.0 Rev 63

So the question is, how could I easily update?

go into your FSD Setting area and enable BETA UPDATES, you will then be able to update directly from FSD

Twotrickpony.. did you get your update sorted out?  I also have just  got a fsd 3 rev 58... and my time and date is always messed up and my weather function doesn't work..  Should I be updating?  Please help.  Thanks.

Twotrickpony.. did you get your update sorted out? I also have just got a fsd 3 rev 58... and my time and date is always messed up and my weather function doesn't work.. Should I be updating? Please help. Thanks.

Yes, you should update... and don't pull the power from the console to keep the date/time settings

go into your FSD Setting area and enable BETA UPDATES, you will then be able to update directly from FSD

I did that.. but no updates are coming up.. I currently have rev 58. :(  Please help me :(

I did that.. but no updates are coming up.. I currently have rev 58. :(  Please help me :(

Do a manual update, delete your current F3 install and download F3 v775 or the new Aurora dashboard, copy it over to your xbox and change your default launch settings in dashlaunch to point to the new install

Sorry.. I'm very new to this.. please keep it very simple with me with a lot of directions haha.  Sorry I'm dumb.. scared of screwing it up!

Ok I think I just downloaded the right file... from ...http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2090-f3-rev-775/

I'm not sure how to delete my current f3 install.. nor this stuff about dashlaunch.. :(  Can you please explain it to me?  Sorry if my dumbness gets on your nerves.. I'm not a blonde female.. just female :p

Sorry.. I'm very new to this.. please keep it very simple with me with a lot of directions haha.  Sorry I'm dumb.. scared of screwing it up!

Ok I think I just downloaded the right file... from ...http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2090-f3-rev-775/

I'm not sure how to delete my current f3 install.. nor this stuff about dashlaunch.. :(  Can you please explain it to me?  Sorry if my dumbness gets on your nerves.. I'm not a blonde female.. just female :p

Change files with XeXMenu. (copy-paste) from USB to HDD

noob question here, i have the sam exact issue, i already enabled beta updates and it's still not showing any updates, im clearly connected to the internet. thanks!

Hey JPizzle.. did you received my pm about the weather key please?  Do you have one I can borrow please?  Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.

Hello.

I have a litle trouble to migrate from FSD 735 to FSD 775.

I am connected to xbox via ftp and copy dir F3Rev775 from archive into root folder on Hdd1 and rename folder as FSD. Copy launch.ini with next setting the same directory:

[QuickLaunchButtons]
BUT_A =
BUT_B =
BUT_X =
BUT_Y =
Start =
Back =
LBump =
Default = Hdd:\FSD\default.xex

[Plugins]
plugin1 = Hdd:\plugins\swap.xex
plugin2 = Hdd:\RawFileManager.xex
plugin3 = Hdd:\xbdm.xex

[Settings]
pingpatch = true
contpatch = true
fatalfreeze = true
regionspoof = false
dvdexitdash = true
liveblock = true
livestrong = false
xhttp = true
remotenxe = true 

But after restart FSD still 735 revision. why?

A couple of pointers here. remove the plugins. Swap.xex is included in the freestyle plugin, xbdm isnt needed, unless you are using trainers, and I dont know what RawFileManager.xex is, but I know it isnt needed. That being said, your problem is probably that you are trying to FTP over a running app, launch xexmenu, and then ftp.

Also, the freestyle plugin swap feature looks for multidisc games in Disc 1/disc 2/etc folders instead of disk 1/Disk 2/etc, but works just as well.

I would also suggest switching to aurora 0.5b, as it is still being developed, and has a lot of new features, including speed increases, a nicer filemanager, which will tell you what is in the Content folder, instead of just titleIDs, and with the rise of nova, the FSD plugin will be obsolete, and not supported soon(Couple of months probably), adjustable filters, adjustable quick views, etc.

• Like 1

i am connect to xbox via ftp and copy directory F3Rev775. i am trying format usb drive to fat32 and connect to xbox, and copy to the root hdd1. i am running fsp 775 from file manager. i am think preinstalled version fsp dont unistalling. into nxe menu with list of game i am not viewed f3 install.

i am trying stat aurora from fsp. its started, but i am dont pass test with data port, althought i am passed this test into fsp.

But menu system link is still unactiv for me (((

sorry for my english.

watch little video about sustem link from me. what is wrong?

That video is set to private, nobody but you can view it...

i am connect to xbox via ftp and copy directory F3Rev775. i am trying format usb drive to fat32 and connect to xbox, and copy to the root hdd1. i am running fsp 775 from file manager. i am think preinstalled version fsp dont unistalling. into nxe menu with list of game i am not viewed f3 install.

i am trying stat aurora from fsp. its started, but i am dont pass test with data port, althought i am passed this test into fsp.

But menu system link is still unactiv for me (((

sorry for my english.

watch little video about sustem link from me. what is wrong?

The fact is, you cannot upgrade fsd over a running version of fsd. as for your problem with link, forward a different port, and use that port. It doesnt matter what port you use, just make sure they both pass on tcp/udp. other then that, the system link option is only available in games that support system link, assuming you are logged into unity. I would still suggest you scrap FSD3 and move to aurora, as in a couple of months you will be forced to anyway if you want to play on link. Once the Nova Plugin comes out, the freestyle plugin will not work anymore, so if you want to play on link, you will be forced to change anyway, just like when the freestyle plugin came out, xlink kai was scrapped for the 360.(I guess it is still usable, but I dont think anyone does, at least not on the 360.)

• Like 1

i am trying aurora. and wanna play cod:aw, but version tu for update 2. into lobby version tu 12 and aurora not find highest version.

Hello guys, I'm having a trouble. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post it in this forum (just please move it)

Well first thing's first, I'm kinda noob to jtagged xbox, I just bought one a month ago.

I wanted to install themes and other stuffs but I was told that for themes to work it should be upgraded to dash 3 rev 775.

Upon checking my jtagged xbox (E series, manufactured October 2013) specs, here's what I've seen:

Dash version 3.0 Rev 58

Kernel Version 2.0.16547.0

Skin 3.0 Rev 63

So the question is, how could I easily update?

Go for aurora. FSD is like Wn Xp these days.
  • Like 2

Go for aurora. FSD is like Wn Xp these days.

If you read the whole thread, you would know that he has already been given this advice, and has already switched. ;) that being said, I liked the post, because it is good advice.

• Like 1