RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jeffmangum

Difference of Xlink Kai to System Link

All this time i thought systeml link was just another name for xlink kai.

Ive tried system link before when but it was hard joining a room. and i cant forward my ports.

is the xlink kai better? Are there more people there?

All this time i thought systeml link was just another name for xlink kai.

Ive tried system link before when but it was hard joining a room. and i cant forward my ports.

is the xlink kai better? Are there more people there?

What do you refer to when you say "system link"? The fsd feature or the game feature?

System Link is when you connect 2 or more consoles in a local network, or with something like LiNK/xlink kai etc.

LiNK (the fsd feature) is probably deemed better because you don't need to run a pc client and there are probably more ppl here because it is essentially ALOT easier to setup then xlink kai...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

also, very few use xlink now, hence one of the modivations behind LiNK.

If your router doesn't allow port forwarding, and you can't join a room, consider a new router.

What do you refer to when you say "system link"? The fsd feature or the game feature?

System Link is when you connect 2 or more consoles in a local network, or with something like LiNK/xlink kai etc.

LiNK (the fsd feature) is probably deemed better because you don't need to run a pc client and there are probably more ppl here because it is essentially ALOT easier to setup then xlink kai...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Im talking about the fsd feature.

also, very few use xlink now, hence one of the modivations behind LiNK.

If your router doesn't allow port forwarding, and you can't join a room, consider a new router.

It can port forward actually but i use a wireless router together with the modem. So i need to bridge it but im having some troubles. I asked about that before here. 

If you have two routers (modem router, and wireless router), you need setup port forwarding on the first router (your "modem") to the static IP address of your 360.

It's rare that modems are just modems these days,  if it's a modem and router in one (the norm) then you probably have two NATS (one from your modem/router and one from you wireless router).  Just be sure that the "modem" is forwarding your LINK ports to you xbox.  No need to setup anything on your wireless router, but if you can turn off NAT that might help.

Make sure that your client xbox has the gateway set to the IP address of your modem, and DNS set to the IP address of your modem.  You want to skip all routing/NAT features of you wireless router and just use the NAT of your modem.

If you have two routers (modem router, and wireless router), you need setup port forwarding on the first router (your "modem") to the static IP address of your 360.

It's rare that modems are just modems these days,  if it's a modem and router in one (the norm) then you probably have two NATS (one from your modem/router and one from you wireless router).  Just be sure that the "modem" is forwarding your LINK ports to you xbox.  No need to setup anything on your wireless router, but if you can turn off NAT that might help.

Make sure that your client xbox has the gateway set to the IP address of your modem, and DNS set to the IP address of your modem.  You want to skip all routing/NAT features of you wireless router and just use the NAT of your modem.

i already asked about this. the only way for it to work is to make the modem to bridge mode. and forward the ports on the wireless router. it worked. i passed the system link test. but the wired connection has no internet. there is but its unstable. 

so im just gonna buy those modern modem that functions as a wifi. i hope when i buy it, system link will work.. cause if it doesnt well then that sucks.

The one benefit xlinkkai has is that it will work with UNMODDED xbox's.  My friends up in Canada and I play Halo 2 together with it every now and then.  You can't use LiNK with Unmodded consoles, so the only people you can connect to are other people running FSD.