RealModScene
tinpanalley

Updating my system and FSD

Hello, (sorry if this is in the wrong topic)

I bought my 360 rgh'ed two years ago. I haven't done any updates so I feel like there must be something I can do to keep it up to date. Also, a game (Thief) isn't loading and it looks like it's because it needs to be on the latest dash. Or so I've been told. I have been reading for hours about this and it seems like there are lots of different ways, lots of different methods, etc.

If someone could help me with the following I'd really appreciate it...

1. How do I determine what FSD version I'm on? I guess the dash version is in System settings in the MS dash.

2. Where do I get any newer version of FSD from?

3. Is there a universally accepted way of updating my dash with an rgh if, in fact, that is what I need to be doing to get this game to run?

4. Why is the weather unable to work in FSD? Is that a known thing or is it just me?

THANK YOU for any and all help!

Hello, (sorry if this is in the wrong topic)

I bought my 360 rgh'ed two years ago. I haven't done any updates so I feel like there must be something I can do to keep it up to date. Also, a game (Thief) isn't loading and it looks like it's because it needs to be on the latest dash. Or so I've been told. I have been reading for hours about this and it seems like there are lots of different ways, lots of different methods, etc.

If someone could help me with the following I'd really appreciate it...

1. How do I determine what FSD version I'm on? I guess the dash version is in System settings in the MS dash.

2. Where do I get any newer version of FSD from?

3. Is there a universally accepted way of updating my dash with an rgh if, in fact, that is what I need to be doing to get this game to run?

4. Why is the weather unable to work in FSD? Is that a known thing or is it just me?

THANK YOU for any and all help!

1. If you havn't updated in 2 years, you'll be on an old one. You can find your version by going into the credits

2. http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2090-f3-rev-775/

3. Use th search, you'll find a tutorial

4. Weather was blocked on older versions of FSD by the provider, but it hasn't been blocked on the latest version of FSD, you will need to setup an account with them to get an API key.

1. If you havn't updated in 2 years, you'll be on an old one. You can find your version by going into the credits

2. http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2090-f3-rev-775/

3. Use th search, you'll find a tutorial

4. Weather was blocked on older versions of FSD by the provider, but it hasn't been blocked on the latest version of FSD, you will need to setup an account with them to get an API key.

Ok, I'm not sure about FSD version but I see this...

Dash version 2.2 Rev1072

Kernel version 2.0.15574.0

Should I be upgrading?

yes

So, I should be updating the dash and fsd right? See, I really want to be able to understand all this and how to do it. But I always feel like I'm sitting wondering, "is there a newer dash I should be on? Is my fsd out of date?" etc etc

You're FSD and kernel are out of date. To play newer games update FSD to rev 775 and kernel to 16547. And also dashlaunch to 3.11

• Like 1