RealModScene
dball75

Fsd3 , problems editing files via Ftp "550 permission denied"

Hi guys , first of all , let me thank you for all the works made with Fsd ...

I've bought a new Rgh modded 360 Slim 250Gb with the last release of Fsd 3 pre-installed and setted as default dashboard , all goes well except it seems like the Hdd is write protected in some how , and I'm really in need for your help , but please let me explain better ...

I'm using Wi-Fi via Ftp (Filezilla , Flash Fxp , Content Manager) connection between the Pc and the 360 and all goes well when I transfer Games or Skin , Images and others from the Pc to the Xbox and vice-versa , but when I try to delete some files or folders , I receive the "550 Permission Denied" error on both the programs ...

For example : the very first time I've tried to transfer some avatar items patched to my profile folder , instead to put them in a subfolder of hdd1/content/00000000000 , I created the 4CCCCCCC folder in the content root ... I've tried to delete it in every mode possible , but everytime it got me the same error . I've tried with Filezilla and Flash Fxp in Active Mode , but nothing new happen ... btw Content Manager try to delete them , but when I refresh the files list the folders and files come up again ...

All the settings in Filezilla are 777 , the same in Flash Fxp all permission are granted in the client ... in last chance I've tried also to delete it from the internal File Manager in FSD 3 , impossibile to do ...

The same occours with the DLC folders , can't delete or overwrite them ... i can't delete the TU downloaded from the Fsd Games Menu neither !!!

The last surprise was yesterday in the afternoon , when I've setted up an JQE360.com account to download custom covers ... all goes well , the dashboards download the new covers then show me them for a second and replace the cover with the old ones ...

I forgot to say , there's no problem to download classic covers or Title Updates by the dashboard ... I repeat , it's seems like some folders or zones in the Hdd are write-protected ...

Please , I'm really in need for your help . Thanks in advance for anyone will try in there ... Andrew

Restart your console and try again. Most likely a handle is open that is using that file. Someone else has suggested it could be a bad drive. If you already restarted install ftpdll.xex and boot to dashlaunch or a game besides FS3 and try deleting it using ftpdll.

für das Mutterland!

First off all thanks for the reply, restart the console doesn't help, I've done it everytime... Bad drive ? Honestly I don't think this could be for almost two reasons : The Xbox was modded 4 weeks ago and was a brand new and sealed one, also all works well and I haven't got any freeze until now, games run perfectly as well as the Fsd. I will search for ftpdll usage guide, never knew about it and I'll try to follow your advice trying to boot in dashlaunch... But i think it's strange that, with Fsd running, I could be able to delete folders like game ones and not a folder containing a dlc or an avatar item..

Update :

I entered the XeXMenu (I've found it in the Homebrew section of the Fsd) and tried to delete the 4CCCCCCC folder (created for mistake as described in the first post) and it Worked !!

So I'm assuming there's something wrong with the Fsd , what could it be ???

At now :

- I can't delete Games TU downloaded by Fsd Menu , I can just select one for game (i.e. Ass.Creed Rev. has got 3 TU downloaded , but just one can be selected as active , the others can't be deleted)

- I can't update covers with custom ones , even I have register on JQE360.com and filled all the options in the Fsd settings menu .

- It's impossible for me delete some files or folders via Ftp connection or Fsd File Manager , some seems to be protected in some-how ...