RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
greg

Updating system NAND With xeBuild GUI 2.091

I have phat Jasper 256mb console running RGH1 with Matrix Glitcher Modchip. All running fine without any problems. Console was originally modded by a 3rd party.When dumping the samaller System only NAND I get 2 bad blocks.I have dumped the Nand with both Simple NAND Flasher 1.2 and Xell via FTP. Both times I get the exact same 2 bad blocks.SFCX: Bad block found at 00000180block 0x180 seems bad, status 0x00000350SFCX: Bad block found at 000001C6block 0x1c6 seems bad, status 0x00000350

I then used Swizzy's xeBuild GUI version 2.091 with xeBuild for kernel 16547 update to Gernerat the hacked NAND image

After checking both the original dumped and xeBuild updated NAND. 360 Flash Dump Tool its showing the following:Note: Bad Block ID 0x0180 [Offset: 0x03180000]Note: Bad Block ID 0x01C6 [Offset: 0x03A86000]-> Block ID 0x01C6 found @ 0x1FE [Offset: 0x041BE000]-> Block ID 0x0180 found @ 0x1FF [Offset: 0x041DF000]

Am I correct that the bad blocks were already remapped by the orignal modder or when backing up the NAND If I'm getting the same result for both the original and updated NAND?

Would I be safe to update with new NAND? xeBuild GUI version 2.091 LOG shows no error messages.

Kernel   : 2.0.16547.0Console : Jasper (big block)NAND size : 64MiB (system only)Build : Glitch

I also noticed that in the log file it says the following WARNING*************************nanddump.bin has NAND memory unit data, makesure you back up any important data off theinternal MU before flashing a new image!*************************Does this mean if I flash the updated NAND file back to the console it will also erase the internal 256mb memory unit containing some of my Saved Games and I should backup the saved games before doing so even though I am only updating the system?

Build the image with "noremap" enabled in XeBuild options and let Simple NAND Flasher remap those bad blocks for you.

If you tell XeBuild to build a "system-only" image for a BB Jasper, your MU data will not be touched.

Build the image with "noremap" enabled in XeBuild options and let Simple NAND Flasher remap those bad blocks for you. If you tell XeBuild to build a "system-only" image for a BB Jasper, your MU data will not be touched.

Simple 360 NAND Flasher doesn't remap the badblocks, it simply skips writing them, the same as rawflash...Etheir way, the messages mean that the blocks are marked as bad, and as long as xeBuild also have the same output it's safe to continue...using xeBuild GUI 2.091 or 2.092 and a couple of versions back it'll tell xeBuild to build system-only images, the rest of the data is useless to include in the new image, etheir way, Simple 360 NAND Flasher only writes the system data, it doesn't write the rest of the nand (even if you could)
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help much appreciated for your wonderful applications..

I went with Simple NAND Flasher 1.2 and xeBuild Gui 2.092 for the update to Kernell 2.0.16547.0  Update went through perfectly. It just ignored the bad blocks and rebooted back into freestyle dash 3 with all my setings intact. After updating the system, reinstalled the avatars with official 2.0.16547.0 update from NXE..