RealModScene
gavin_darkglider

Less of a support question, more things I would like to see supported/changed

First off, I would like to thank all of the developers of FSD. It is a great dashboard. Now on to what I would like to see changed.

1. Automatically skipping/removing original Xbox dash updates when ripping original xbox games. Since they were not saved in a folder on the disk called $Systemupdate, it copies them, and they waste valuable space on the hdd.(I have deleted over 500MB of original Xbox Dashboard updates from my HDD)

2. Move the FTP/HTTP server and to the plugin(would be nice to play games while I am copying files back and forth.)

3. Built in media player that supports DLNA, and SMB/NFS shares. The stock Xbox 360 Media player doesnt play most of the common video formats anymore(Even with the optional media update), and I dont really like rebooting into xell, to play a movie, because the format is too new, and I dont like using my computers resources to re-encode every thing)

4. SMB/NFS client support, Kind of needed with #3.

5. Built in Python interpreter.(There were some great MiniGames added into XBMC because of its built in Python interpreter.)

6. A seperate game section for games that require Kinect.(More of a list loading time thing, I have 70+ games on my HDD, and it takes a minute or so to load up the list, and the covers, and randomly freezes)

7. A good explanation on why I cannot copy DLC/Arcade games/GOD games over FTP without them getting corrupted. It would be nice to see this fixed.

8. A theme finder/downloader.(It isnt hard to get online and download them from spiffy360, but would be nice, if you could see a preview in dash and download them on the Xbox.)

9. Backwards compatibility with themes. It would be nice to be able to download any FSD3 theme, and be able to use it, and not have to worry about what version it is for.

That is all for the Xbox side of things

On the Computer side.

Really Only one thing I would like to see on the computer side, A FSD theme creation app/uploader. If people could create and upload themes with 1 easy to use app, that has everything built in, that would be awesome.

Also, Since TeamFSD has pretty much Disbanded, It would be nice if the source could be released under the GPL, so as a community we can work on some of these issues/changes ourselves. I know they released most of the code for FSD2.2 final, but even then there were parts that were left out, for what ever reason. :(  it would be nice to get our hands on the latest FSD source as a community. Since FSD is the only real replacement dashboard. I dont concider XEXmenu a dashboard, more of a program launcher, and RXE was never released as far as I know, instead the RXE upgrades were put in FSD3. Correct me If I am wrong. 

If you'd used the time to write this on the search you'd see that there is no more updates coming

irishdave Thats why he said he wanted them to release the latest source so community could work on the issues  :p  :)

2. There is already a way to do that, it's a dashlaunch plugin which use little resources, it's a little slower then the F3 FTP, but it works :)

3. That's alot of work, mainly because there aren't many codecs which would work in the dashboard as-is, they need alot of work to be made working...

6. Good idea, would be quite easy to implement i think :)

7. Probably a problem with your network gear or firewall/antivirus, try disabling the firewall/antivirus once while transfering the games, also try using a different client or transfer mode...

9. There's been changes in the way it works which is why older themes don't work with the new versions...

3. I presume you mean .mkv? Its the only format I've ever had an issue with and I think its more of a PS3/4 format.6. i think would be possible as you can filter it on the official dashboard, but with no updates coming I think the only way is to make a custom tab and name it "Kinect" and move the games into it. I've seem themes where you can do this on older builds but because I dont use kinect anymore I havn't really looked for it. 

irishdave Thats why he said he wanted them to release the latest source so community could work on the issues :p:)

This was not part of the orginal message.... 

Also, Since TeamFSD has pretty much Disbanded, It would be nice if the source could be released under the GPL, so as a community we can work on some of these issues/changes ourselves. I know they released most of the code for FSD2.2 final, but even then there were parts that were left out, for what ever reason. :( it would be nice to get our hands on the latest FSD source as a community. Since FSD is the only real replacement dashboard. I dont concider XEXmenu a dashboard, more of a program launcher, and RXE was never released as far as I know, instead the RXE upgrades were put in FSD3. Correct me If I am wrong.