RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Gabeiq

LINK acess using a wireless computer cabled to Xbox

Hi Guys, good evening.

I have a Jasper Xbox witch, as you guys already knew, doesn't have a built-in wireless modem and since my room is far from the router I am using a wireless notebook to recieve the signal and send it via cable to my Xbox 360.

As far as I Know internet sharing is ok, since I can download FSD updates, TU and Cover Art; the problem really comes when I'm trying to play online using LINK.

When I enter the game I can see the avaliable rooms, I can sucefful enter in rooms (xbox yellow controller displayed on the room icon), I can se the players in its tab but I cant find any room; I checked the TU I'm using and its the same as the other players.

Games that I tryed: Diablo III, Red Dead Redemption and COD: Black Ops 2.

I already set the ports in Sharing Services of my connection using my Xbox IP (the one displayed on FSD), I also port forward the same ports on my router but I cant get a "Pass" on the ports in the F3Plugin test, I have tried with and without UPNDP

Also already tried to set my computer in DMZ but it also didnt work.

PS: Im using automatic dynamic IP configuration, I dont mind have to change the IP in port Forward every time, ad it easier because of the number of the devices we use here every day.

Just to clarify, here is the scheme that I'm using ("borrowed" from Xlink website), its also worthy to say that I've tried the Xbox360 - Notebook connetion using both, regular and cross-over cable.
Posted Image

1- Is really possible to use this settings to play on LINK? (I Think it should be ok since this configuration is also supported by Kai)
2- Could it be related with the dynamic IP setting?
3- Witch IP I have to set as using the ports in the router? and witch one in the sharing settings of my connection on my computer? (gateways IP, computer IP or xbox 360s IP)
4- Is there something that I'm missing?

Thans for your attention and sorry for my bad english.

Greetings from Brazil. 

is it not cheaper to get a second hand 360 wifi adapter for 39.79 than it is 795-1193 Real on a laptop ?? i know it will not answer your original question but it is the cheap and easy alternative to your probems :blushing:

I put some extra tests and effort on it but I sure can't do it without your help....the only diference is that Istead of setting my Xbox under DMZ I port forward manualy and It only works for me with UPNP checked on both (F3 and router).... but now is working!

I wasnt using bridge mode becose M$ website says that internet on laptop wouldnt work while in bridge mode..... what isnt true.

Thx a lot man!