RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
mercenary

GODspeed + FSD/F3 - FTPD issues

Hi there!

My name is Mercenary and I'm the developer behind the FTP client called GODspeed. If you haven't heard about it yet, it's a Total Commander like FTP client designed to fasten and clarify file management between your PC, NAS and your FSD-enabled X360.

During the development I found a few interesting issues but there's only one that troubles me a lot.

I released a new version this week and this one finally got an error reporting feature which has already proved to be an extremely valuable addition because now I can see all the weird issues the users of my tool have to face. And the most common problem has been reported by Polish users who use their computer AND(!) Xbox with Polish language and culture settings. But I don't know how so that's why I ask for your help, because I only see their FTP log.

When I connect to my console and call the LIST command I get the following:

drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    0 Apr 28 2039 Game
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    0 Jan 01 1970 Flash
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    0 Jan 01 1970 OnBoardMU
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    0 Jan 01 1970 Hdd1
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    0 Jan 01 1970 HddX
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    0 Jan 01 1970 SysExt
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    0 Jan 01 1970 Usb0
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    0 Jan 01 1970 USBMU0
drwxrwxrwx   1 root  root    0 Jan 01 1970 USBMUCache0

But if they do the same they get the dates with Polish month abbreviations:

drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Cze 22 2039 Gamedrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Sty 01 1970 Flashdrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Sty 01 1970 Hdd1drwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Sty 01 1970 HddXdrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Sty 01 1970 SysExtdrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Sty 01 1970 Usb0

Now I've got two problems.1) The third party library I'm using to access FTPs can't handle those month abbreviations. (complete morons wrote that code :S)2) I can't change my console's settings to be able to reproduce this issue. Can you tell me what do I have to do to change the culture to Polish? I tried to switch language and locale in NXE, but it hasn't had any effects.

Actually my only hope is that if I would be able to set the culture to Polish then maybe I could come up with a hack somehow, otherwise my Polish users will be disappointed. :(

Besides that there's a minor issue as well. I already made a workaround for that so it's not a big deal, I just wanted to let you know that when you call SIZE command it throws a not implemented exception. :)

215 Freestyle FTPd
FEAT
211-Extensions supported:
 XCRC filename
 SIZE
 REST STREAM
 MDTM
 MFMT
 TVFS
211 END

SIZE multi.ini
500 command not implemented

Thank you for your help in advance, I really hope you can help me to make those Polish fellas happy. :D

Cheers!

0 views? Seriously?! I really hoped you will be a little bit more helpful than that. :p:)

Anyway, if somebody reads this and wants to be updated about GODspeed development, wants to share thoughts, ideas, needs, etc., then please like GODspeed's Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/godspeedftp

Perhaps if we can build up a little community and a solid userbase, then we can address requests to the FSD team to be able to extend the communication between GODspeed and FSD. For instance: free space indication in GODspeed, after a successful copy send a command to FSD to do a scan, so you don't have to do it manually once you get back to your console, etc. Wouldn't it be nice? So what are you waiting for? Join and help make GODspeed better!

Well i had some login issues so couldnt reply, but i think you should set your windows locale to polish, i'm pretty sure thats where the timestamp is converted, not on the xbox.

Well i had some login issues so couldnt reply, but i think you should set your windows locale to polish, i'm pretty sure thats where the timestamp is converted, not on the xbox.

Will try it, thanks! I guess I will have to dig deeper into how the FTP protocol works, because the only thing I see is that I send a command, and after the data connection has been established a string array arrives full with these Linux-style rows. So I wonder where that conversion might occur, but maybe you've right and it's deep down in Windows socketing. It surely will be a challenge to debug. :)

Btw in the meantime another Polish fella sent me another error too. He's got a Polish Windows but he can browse the FTP contents with no problem, because the dates are in English. Not sure how, perhaps it depends on the Xbox's settings after all. 

Anyway, he tried to step into a directory with special characters in its name and it's got the following error:

CWD /Usb0/zapas/G/Rzeczy Justyny/Coma - PiÄšâa/550 "Usb0:zapasGRzeczy JustynyComa - Pi":Path not found.

Unfortunately the original characters lost during logging (I wasn't prepared for it either :D), but does it mean that FSD doesn't support these kind of special characters in directory names? I haven't had the time to test it, but will try it shortly.