RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Rachmad Suhartono

XBOX360 SLIM RGH Fan Speed Setting >< Temperature Problem

hello there

i'm sorry if this may have been questioned a lot before

i have a 2011 slim RGH with latest FSD and dashboard.

my problem is that when i set the fan speed to auto, in idle situation, all of the temp are slowly getting higher and higher until +-75C on CPU.

maybe getting even higher but i'm afraid something bad happen so i set the fan to 70-80% and the temps are coming down at about 50C on CPU.

tried playing FIFA14 in couple minutes then it's already 80C

i've tried the jasper one. and it didn't have this problem. the temps is about 50C when idle, fan speed AUTO.

what i really like about the AUTO fan speed setting is that it is sooo quiteee. so comfortable.

i'm so annoyed with the fan noise. even on 65% speed setting.

is this happen to every slim RGH?

is it safe to use the AUTO fan speed setting? i think all the original XBOX360 (non-JTAG/RGH) will have this setting by default. but still, is it really safe?

thank you so much.

Setting fan speed too high is not recommended by experts on this forum.... I had the same problem with mine (rgh) and experts recomended me to instead setup threshold tenperature to 60c in the dashlaunch .... Go to system info in dashlaunch and u'll find it there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

is this happen to every slim RGH?is it safe to use the AUTO fan speed setting? i think all the original XBOX360 (non-JTAG/RGH) will have this setting by default. but still, is it really safe?

Well, your temperatures is a little on the high side i guess, i don't remember what my default temperatures are under load, but they should be around 65 when in idle at most... (iirc)Yes, it's safe to use auto, but, if you want to have your console running for a longer period of time without causing damage to it, you should change your temperature thresholds to a level that you feel comfortable with (both temperature wise and the noice it causes) 60 is what most use, but... if you want you can set it lower then that, or higher... it's fine, as long as it's lower then the defaults it'll be a-ok...

Well, your temperatures is a little on the high side i guess, i don't remember what my default temperatures are under load, but they should be around 65 when in idle at most... (iirc)Yes, it's safe to use auto, but, if you want to have your console running for a longer period of time without causing damage to it, you should change your temperature thresholds to a level that you feel comfortable with (both temperature wise and the noice it causes) 60 is what most use, but... if you want you can set it lower then that, or higher... it's fine, as long as it's lower then the defaults it'll be a-ok...

Setting fan speed too high is not recommended by experts on this forum.... I had the same problem with mine (rgh) and experts recomended me to instead setup threshold tenperature to 60c in the dashlaunch .... Go to system info in dashlaunch and u'll find it there.Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

it stays at around 81-83C max now even when i play games (auto).

i think it's fine. some people says that this is the target temp on xbox.

but i'm looking forward to reduce the temperature threshold. i really interested.

although i never do those flash nand things.

thanks guys

Do u have dashlaunch installed..... If yes then browse to dashlaunch and press RB/LB to browse to system info and from there u can adjust the temp threshold... Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2