RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
malim

Sync GaDaBama with FSD after removing settings from HDD

Hi guys, I need help with what my topic says, I recently deleted all FSD settings from my external HDD & I need to sync my 'new' FSD with my old GaDaBaMa database. I really need a way to do this as I manually DL every game cover I have on my phone, transfer it to my PC, use GaDaBaMa to sync with the FSD database on my external HDD.

How do I do this without manually re-doing everything again?

If that means that GaDaBaMa has still the old database and all pictures in it are correct then you have nothing to worry.

Set up F3 with all paths and wait for the scan to finish.

Copy your new F3 database to a USB stick or do it as you used to and execute step2.

Now GaDaBaMa will reassign all gameids according to your new database. Folders will be renamed according to their new gameid. However, this works only if the game path has not changed.

Once completed select the Sync tab and click on all games. This will put all games in the sync queue. Execute step4 and it will create all .assets files for your images.

If that means that GaDaBaMa has still the old database and all pictures in it are correct then you have nothing to worry.Set up F3 with all paths and wait for the scan to finish.Copy your new F3 database to a USB stick or do it as you used to and execute step2.Now GaDaBaMa will reassign all gameids according to your new database. Folders will be renamed according to their new gameid. However, this works only if the game path has not changed.Once completed select the Sync tab and click on all games. This will put all games in the sync queue. Execute step4 and it will create all .assets files for your images.

While Step 2 is running it does say extracting .assets but when I click Sync nothing actually happens, an error occurs saying : Err: 3021 - No Current RecordWhat do you mean 'Select the Sync tab and click on all games'?

That would actually make sense if

A) you have selected yes when he asks for the dds files to jpg conversion

B) your dds/.assets file do not exist anymore (Path=F3 sync path)

= no records

Check if under %appdata%gadabamadds you have folders with dds files. If yes, there is no need to extract them from the .assets files (if you actually still have them)

Sync tab = tab with "Sync" written on it. It's been a while but there should be one. Its where the sync queues are.

That would actually make sense ifA) you have selected yes when he asks for the dds files to jpg conversionB) your dds/.assets file do not exist anymore (Path=F3 sync path)= no recordsCheck if under %appdata%\gadabama\dds you have folders with dds files. If yes, there is no need to extract them from the .assets files (if you actually still have them)Sync tab = tab with "Sync" written on it. It's been a while but there should be one. Its where the sync queues are.

Thank you Keyser for taking the time to replyI do have the DDS folders with files in them (300 folders with files), yet when I press Sync it lasts a few seconds, there definitely isn't any Synchronisation taking place, is there a way to force a synchronisation and make each DDS conversion take place and overwrite any data on the external HDD with Freestyle?

Just to be clear:

Have you already done step2? If yes, do the GameData folders in GaDaBaMa coincide now with your new F3 database? (see page 17 of the manual)

On the page 18 of the manual under the subtitle <SYNC Queue> you’ll find different icons. Click on <All Games> and it will insert all games to the sync queue. Now, when clicking on step4 the sync process will start. If the queue is empty there is no images to sync. It’ll just update the GameTitle, description etc. This takes only a few seconds.

Just to be clear:Have you already done step2? If yes, do the GameData folders in GaDaBaMa coincide now with your new F3 database? (see page 17 of the manual)On the page 18 of the manual under the subtitle you’ll find different icons. Click on and it will insert all games to the sync queue. Now, when clicking on step4 the sync process will start. If the queue is empty there is no images to sync. It’ll just update the GameTitle, description etc. This takes only a few seconds.

I'm such a fool! I found the 'Sync Queue' Tab that's in the same line as the 'Start' Tab!Thank you so much Keyser, because of your help and program I don't need to re-do anything again.Thank you for being so helpful I really appreciate it :)