RealModScene
Matteo Pompili

LiNK | Can't find games on DIABLO3

Hello guys, I successfully configured my Xbox, and LiNK is working great with several games(Saints row, CODBO2,halo reach and 4). I can't figure out why I can't find any game to join in Diablo III, since the room has always at least 20 players! Thank you in advance.

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI U9508 utilizzando Tapatalk

make sure you have the last tu. also this game only find matchs on same media id. i was having a problem a long time ago to find a match and play with a friend. i changed the default.xex (media id changed) and tu, and i found different hosts.

Ok I'll try to change default.xex

EDIT: I can only find edited versions of default.xex, where can I download the untouched version?

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI U9508 utilizzando Tapatalk

make sure you have the last tu. also this game only find matchs on same media id. i was having a problem a long time ago to find a match and play with a friend. i changed the default.xex (media id changed) and tu, and i found different hosts.

Hi, can i ask how or where you get the different media id / default.xex files? im rather new to the mod scene and am really keen on getting a game of diablo 3 on link

Hi, can i ask how or where you get the different media id / default.xex files? im rather new to the mod scene and am really keen on getting a game of diablo 3 on link

You get a different version of the game... same place you got the one you have right now, just a different release of it, like RF, PAL and NTSC are different... there's also differences between GOTY and the regular version of the game... different groups might also have different versions of the game (different Media ID) despite beeing the same region...

thanks Swizzy, interesting to know that system link games are region locked sort of. now i just need to find out what media id or version people have been playing on link.

would that affect the save data of my current game if i change the game version?

changing media id don't affect save data......if you want i give you the default.xex, i played with it and find players a longe time ago. (PM me)

• Like 1

thanks Swizzy, interesting to know that system link games are region locked sort of. now i just need to find out what media id or version people have been playing on link.

would that affect the save data of my current game if i change the game version?

It doesn't make a difference for System Link (iirc) it's just that different versions of the game have different MediaID's

thanks Swizzy for clarification! i was able to join a game / get people to join my game for the 1st time in link last night! pretty awesome experience apart form the insane high level players who mow through the dungeons haha! thanks for your help!

by the way, will system link work with other skins or only the default? thanks!

• Like 1

thanks Swizzy for clarification! i was able to join a game / get people to join my game for the 1st time in link last night! pretty awesome experience apart form the insane high level players who mow through the dungeons haha! thanks for your help!

by the way, will system link work with other skins or only the default? thanks!

I see no reason for it not to work with other skins... the LiNK functions are part of the Plugin which aren't effected by the skin...

• Like 1

changing media id don't affect save data......if you want i give you the default.xex, i played with it and find players a longe time ago. (PM me)

I assume shalashaska got your .xex working. Could you guys tell me which id you got working? or maybe i might ask for the same favor via PM? I´d be VERY grateful!