RealModScene
korn16ftl3

Questions regarding setting up RetroArch

I have begun setting up retroarch on my 360 as it seems to have the most functional emulators available for the 360 to date, a lot of the others got left in beta phase and some things do not seem to function properly or have missing adjustments and things like that.

I have begun transferring my rom sets into the roms folder in there respectable folders ( roms/NES ROMS/rom sets here).

i opened the retroarch folder and seen a retroarch.cfg which I opened to skim threw and see what options were able to be changed in this file, at this point i ran across this: default_rom_startup_dir = "game:"

Now i know i dont run my roms from from the DVD rom which is what i am assuming the game: directory comes into play at they are located in my USB device in the following path USB0:EmulatorsRetroArch-360roms

so my question about this is that if i change the "Game:" in the CFG file to "USB0:EmulatorsRetroArch-360roms" will it then take me directly to my rom set sub directory's when i choose to select my roms?

Another question is about genesis plus gx and the sega cd emulation.  Accordint to the NFO/Readme 

Sega CD Emulation requires a sega cd bios in the same folder as your ISO / BIN files. The BIOS ROM files be named bios_CD_J.bin (Japan), bios_CD_U.bin (US) and bios_CD_E.bin (Europe)

so as previously stated I have all my systems separated by platform then the sets contained in the appropriate platform folder, but does the BIOS file need to be located in USB0:EmulatorsRetroArch-360roms or in USB0:EmulatorsRetroArch-360romssega cd ?  Im aware it say the same location as my image files but i was unsure if retroarch was intended to be set up the way i am going about things and where it would look for the BIOS file.

furthermore about the sega cd emulation with retroarch is .zip supported or should they be unzipped? I beleive the last port or version i recall using of genesis plus gx they needed to be un-zipped, further more all the sega cd images i have are in BIN/CUE format which file in particular does the emulator need or does it need both files to function properly?

in simple terms, the dir "Game:" is a virtual dvd drive, when you load the emulaotors they go into the "Game:", just like FSD or any game on demand. Do not configure the settings to load from Game:dir...

I have several emulators and they are working fine, even the Sega Genesis, the problem with emulaotrs they all work differently for different Xboxes and motherboards, be warned on that one.

If some emulators don't work but work for others, you know it can be you bored.

If your having issues with your sega geneis emulator, send me a msg and i'll send you a download link

in simple terms, the dir "Game:" is a virtual dvd drive, when you load the emulaotors they go into the "Game:", just like FSD or any game on demand. Do not configure the settings to load from Game:dir...

I have several emulators and they are working fine, even the Sega Genesis, the problem with emulaotrs they all work differently for different Xboxes and motherboards, be warned on that one.

If some emulators don't work but work for others, you know it can be you bored.

If your having issues with your sega geneis emulator, send me a msg and i'll send you a download link

All my cartridge based roms work in Retroarch but when I try to load any isos being Sega CD or Turbo CD, my RGH console just shuts off. Any ideas? I'm banging my head off the wall lol. :unsure:

You really need to google RetroArch forums support if your getting those kind of issues, it could be your motherboard, etc...

Retroarch forums may have the latest emulator for you.

some emulators that I've tried such as the PSP works fine on my xbox, but on the other its just a blank screen. May just be your xbox :wacko:

You really need to google RetroArch forums support if your getting those kind of issues, it could be your motherboard, etc...Retroarch forums may have the latest emulator for you. some emulators that I've tried such as the PSP works fine on my xbox, but on the other its just a blank screen. May just be your xbox :wacko:

It also depends alot on what version is used, libxenon versions will be more likely to have problems caused by different consoles then those compiled using the XDK due to the XDK libraries are made by ppl that get payed for building it and they also have alot more testing equipment then those of use that have been working on Libxenon
  • Like 1

:thumbup: Thanks guys! I've researched and it's weird. It seems that if I load the Sega Cd bios as a rom first and then load my ISO it works. Gonna try the same thing on Turbo CD next. I'll get back to you guys on that.

:thumbup: Thanks guys! I've researched and it's weird. It seems that if I load the Sega Cd bios as a rom first and then load my ISO it works. Gonna try the same thing on Turbo CD next. I'll get back to you guys on that.

Thats exactly what i was running into. i converted first the cue wav iso to an bin/cue but anything what happened was a rgh reboot.

After i put the bios.bin i  into the rom/dir and it even resulted in a rgh reboot.

i tried then loading the bios first and played a bit around. this was working for me so far. but the emulation seem a bit slow maybe im wrong here but this was my feeling on testing Sonic CD.

the correct path to put the bios is ..\%yourRetroArchFolder%\System\

put the bios file there and game autoload bios file... you then just need to click on the right upper corner on CD ;-)

cheers

• Like 1