RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ar9

Complete noob here... how to go from 2.2 to 3.0?

I'm wondering if there are any tutorials to clearly explain how to do this upgrade?

I really want to get 3.0 but I haven't the slightest idea how to do a fresh install. I don't mind wiping my database... I assume that by wiping my database that doesn't include game saves, right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Just burn F3 iso to a disc, put it in your console and reboot... Then just follow the prompts on screen.

It is very easy and it will wipe your database BUT the game saves will be fine.

If you are still having problems use google because there are 1000's of guides that show excactly what to do. OK maybe not 1000's but there are guides.

Perhaps I could assist in some small way if your setup is similar to mine. The administrators here held my hand through the process and I greatly appreciated their tolerance and patience. I learned quite a few things not all of which I have committed to memory but I have a pretty good understanding on the overall process.

Outofwork

Is it possible to run off a USB stick, or only CD?

What is the ideal program for burning the .iso?

Take your pick as there are many, many programs that will work just fine. I personally use Nero. The install for FSD 3 is so easy it's unbelievable. I would recommend removing the previous version and checking for the latest update. As I recall I think that I checked all the boxes.

Is there an option to remove the previous version VIA the installation disk menu?

Or do I have to FTP into my box and do it manually? :S

Yes, the install process for FSD 3 has an option to remove the previous version of FSD and I would strongly recommending selecting that option as well as literally all the others to include checking for the latest update which it will download. The installation of FSD 3 is so slick and so fast that you think something is wrong.

today my balls were big enough to give it a try....

popped in the .iso dvd and followed the menu, checked to "uninstall previous version" and hit the button "install"

wait...............was that all? Really? ;-)

IT IS !!