RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
YONDAN

GAMES DONT FIT IN INTERNAL XBOX 360 HARD DRIVE

I really need help and hope some one can just give my a simple answer...My internal xbox 360 hdd is only a 250 gb and I have run out of room on this drive with about 40 xbox360 games on it...and I have an external 2tb hdd ...my question is do I have to have all my games loaded in xex menu in games Directory of my internal 250gb hdd to run them in FSD ? Because I have another 150 xbox360 games that I want to add but out of space on 250gb hdd.Must I have the games loaded in xex menu for them to run on FSD ? How can I add the additional 150 games or where can I add them ?Is it possible to have all 190 games loaded on the 2tb hdd and run them in FSD without having the games installed in xex menu ? I have seen other people having over 200 games installed and running on FSD, how is this possible if the largest xbox 360 internal hdd is only 250 to 300gb ? please help

you dont need to use Xexmenu at all , I dont , And you can use more then 1 external , i use 2 atm, 2 tb x2 , You can choose to make them extracted files ( xex format i guess ) or in ( God format ) Fsd will find these games no matter what if you set the paths for fsd to look for them :) 

oh I didn't know that I did not have to use xex menu...what do you use if you don't mine me asking ?What do you recommend ? oh and thank you for just giving me a straight answer.

oh I didn't know that I did not have to use xex menu...what do you use if you don't mine me asking ?What do you recommend ? oh and thank you for just giving me a straight answer.

The majority of us use, as croize mentined earlier, FSD. I personally use both, but mainly FSD. Xexmenu, for my sake, only sticks around in the event dashlauch get unloaded in some way. Without dashlaunch, there will be no shortcut to FSD. So Xexmenu for me serves as a backup file browser, in which, can be accessed from NXE.

As far as your internal HDD space goes, yes, as croize said, you can use FSD to scan those external devices. Just set up the file paths in FSD's settings and you're set.

Personally, I'm not a fan of having games running from various devices; of course, there's nothing wrong with that on a function basis. I just like everything to be kept in one place. I have an internal 750GB HDD. So every one of my games aren't gonna fit, like yours. What i like to do, is burn ALL of my games (that's worth playing again) to a disc. That way I'll always have that game/data on-hand. Whenever I'm ready for it, burn/rip/copy it to the HDD.