RealModScene
Flaminek

how do I replace my ext hdd without downloading covers again

so I recently bought a red 2TB usb powered WD Hdd.

I've copied all my games over from exact replica of this drive that works btw but want the red color to match my red jtag.

so all the files are mirror'd. I have read on these forums in the past about altering the hdd ID to match and old one but can't find this post anymore.

Could someone help as i don't want to be drag on the bandwidth of realmodscene downloading covers again when I have them already.

Your only downloading "custom" covers from RMS, all the other covers/artwork come from XB Live's servers :)

In my opinion, just download the covers again - it'll save a lot of time and hassle.

• Like 1

thanks but that will mean i have to delete my game path which will take ages then put in the same game path again and the thing is both hdd's are exactly the same with same files on them (300 games) so will take for ever. There is a way to alter hdd ID to match my old Hdd saving me the hassle of all that and it has been posted somewhere on these forums how to do it...

you could use "gadabama" and that would do it, either way it's quicker (autonomous) letting FSD or "gadabama" do it. 

deleting your games path and re-adding it will take seconds rather than ages....the covers via FSD will take some time but go make a cup of coffee and let it do it's work. 

That's why I do things like that at bed time, let it download throughout the night (make sure auto-off is disabled)

Do what ever you think does you best mate, personally, if it was me, I would have just started a fresh install :)

still copying games takes 48 hours. will let you know how this goes. as all i want to do is change my new 2tb hdd device id (taking the id from my old 2tb) so fsd3 thinks its the old one saving me having to download all the covers again.

• Like 1