Sign in to follow this  
JQE

Rogero CEX-4.21 CFW v1.00 Free for All

Posted Image

update ---> Rogero CEX-4.21 v1.09

MD5: e777351e788a7eb4007a2280abca7fbd

Size : 192 MB (201,329,483 bytes)

v1.09 Details and Changes

- Compatibility problem with some Slim models (CECH-25xx) is now fully fixed.

- XMB Icons problem from in-game PS button is now fixed.

- Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.

- Many other fixes from version 1.00 for a better performance and added stability.

- It was tested by hundreds of testers on all PS3 models (FAT & Slim) and no problems were encountered.

- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.21 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed

- Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).

- Current 3.55 homebrew applications can't be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21.

ATTENTION:

1- This CFW doesn't have LV1 checks disabled and can't be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles unless you have Dehashed/Reset Syscon Properly (if you're not sure about your PS3, Dehash it anyway to avoid any risk) Link ----> Dehashing Tutorial

2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN or memdump before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.

Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a way to recover (using hardware flashers) when you have a valid dump.

** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump cannot fix your bricked PS3 **

3- The QA flag must be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. Link ----> toggle_qa.pkg

4- Always use the Recovery Menu while installing this CFW to avoid possible bricks (XMB update works, but Recovery Menu is safer).

6- Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.

7- DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.

8- You need to already be on 3.55 to install this. Installing from any firmware other than 3.55 will simply not work

- Downgrading back to 3.55 is always possible using the following steps :

- Download the 4.25 downgrader PUP ---> 4.25 Downgrader Size 176MB (184,595,263 bytes) MD5: 49d80e07fc1f5ca1b0840e02e94635db

- Rename the downloaded file to "PS3UPDAT.PUP" and put it on your USB in: "USBPS3UPDATEPS3UPDAT.PUP"

- While on Rogero CFW4.21, go to System Update from XMB and install the 4.25 downgrader CFW.

- Once installed, now put "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" on your USB in: "USBPS3UPDATEPS3UPDAT.PUP" ---> Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7.PUP

- Start the PS3 into Recovery Menu and install "Rogero CEX-3.55 CFW V3.7" (from Recovery Menu, this is important)

- Once the install is finished, you're now back on Rogero CFW3.55 v3.7 (from here it's better to dehash again before installing any other OFW/CFW 3.55)

- Updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to the CFW4.21 v1.09 should be done using the following steps :

1- Proper Way ( CFW4.21 v1.00 --> CFW3.55 --> CFW4.21 v1.09 )

---- Downgrade back to ver3.55

---- Once on Rogero CEX3.55 v3.7 you can update again from Recovery Menu into the new CFW4.21 v1.09

2- Alternative Way ( CFW4.21 v1.00 --> Recovery Menu --> CFW4.21 v1.09 )

---- You can try updating from CFW4.21 v1.00 to CFW4.21 v1.09 from Recovery Mode first.

---- If it didn't work, then you'll have to use the first Proper Way ( CFW4.21 v1.00 --> CFW3.55 --> CFW4.21 v1.09 )

Credits to eussNL and the PS3DevWiki for the valuable and always up-to-date source of information.

Credits to Deank for his continuous efforts on Multiman and many other PS3 tools/fixes.

Source: Tortuga-Cove

no you will need to be on 3.55 then update in recovery

Even with the Lv1 checks disabled?

Hmm well that sucks.

Ok, well i was on mM 2.09 updated to 4.06.02, maybe didnt need to. But anyways. How do i do this:

2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN or memdump before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.

On another note, before updating mM i could play ghost of sparta fine. now it just loads n goes to black screen. mar vs cap 2 boots fine. only games i have installed on hdd

Since I'm on 3.55 CFW Kmeaw at the moment, I assume that I can just do a straight upgrade... or do I have to be on a previous Rogero CFW?

Ok, well i was on mM 2.09 updated to 4.06.02, maybe didnt need to. But anyways. How do i do this:

On another note, before updating mM i could play ghost of sparta fine. now it just loads n goes to black screen. mar vs cap 2 boots fine. only games i have installed on hdd

To dump NAND/NOR: mmOS->Select any file->Open in HEX viewer->[sELECT]->[sTART]->DUMP LV2(NO)->DUMP LV1(NO)->DUMP FLASH(YES)

Since I'm on 3.55 CFW Kmeaw at the moment, I assume that I can just do a straight upgrade... or do I have to be on a previous Rogero CFW?

you should be fine updating directly from Kmeaw