RealModScene
Gibn

RGH 360 shutting off wireless controllers continuously

I have an RGH xbox running f3. it keeps shutting down my controllers during gameplay about every 10 or so minutes dosent matter if its 1 or 2 players. i can connect controllers to my pc and they wont disconnect. my kinect has no problem at all. I have replaced the rf board and that didnt fix the problem either. is there a way to fix this problem? almost like it thinks the controllers are inactive and shuts them down .

any help would be appreciated

This may sound pretty obvious, but have you tried putting in new batteries? If it still persists after new batteries, I would try this tutorial:

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-an-Xbox-360-Wireless-Controller-That-Keeps-Shutting-Off

Could be the batteries aren't making proper contact with the metal pieces inside the battery pack. 

Got to agree here, mine is doing exactly the same ( They disconnect when the rumble kicks in and they try to vibrate but they just turn off) i disabled the rumble on the xbox settings and they won't turn off anymore, but its because of the batteries that are dying, i bought a new pair and turned rumble on and the controller works flawlessly!

but i did say when i connect the controllers to my pc they dont shut off.

edit: i will update dl and f3

could i get a link for the new kernel?

i think my kernel is ok i got have 16202 or something along those lines i can play GTAV , my kinect sensor is fine.

could i get a link for the new kernel?

i think my kernel is ok i got have 16202 or something along those lines i can play GTAV , my kinect sensor is fine.

New games require new assets supplied by the dashboard, current kernel is 16537, without the updated assets your Xbox will start acting weird.  Be sure you understand what you are doing thoroughly before updating as updating incorrectly could brick your Xbox.  I wrote a tutorial a while back that explains many of the reasons why it is important to keep your console up to date.  here is the link: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/349-update-your-rghjtag-with-xebuild-gui-and-nand-flasher-for-xbox-360/ The tutorial is out of date, so don't use that to update your box, but the info contained in the article is important for understanding how your RGH works.

i updated dashlaunch and f3 and it is still shutting off every ten minutes. 

edit.

this is not an "in game" issue either. it happens just going arround the menu as well.

Is the computer in the same room as the xbox? Did you buy a third party receiver for your pc to use this wireless controller with? Also is there a wireless router anywhere near your xbox?

I got this directly from the M$ website: 

"Solution 3: Remove objects between the controller and the console

The controller works within 33 feet (10 meters) of your console. However, objects placed between the controller and the console might reduce this range. In addition, objects that use wireless technology (for example, a cordless phone) can interfere with your wireless controller. Remove or relocate objects or wireless devices that might interfere with the wireless controller or console. Here are some things that can cause problems:

Microwave ovens
Cordless phones
Wireless routers
Chrome faceplates
Metal dividers
Shelves
Doors on an entertainment center cabinet"

It could be some interference of some sort, which is causing the controller to cut out. 

ok i updated to the new kernel and its still shutting down in equal intervals of about 5 minutes , dosent matter what im doing at that time.

Edit:

i went and got a wired controller, i plugged it in the front and the back and all it will do is flash all 4 lights and not connect. i can start the xbox by holding the center button.

my kinect still works flawlessly in any usb port as well as a usb memory

I bought this xbox pre modded , im not no expert 

would a bad keyvault cause this problem? it says its corrupt or not from this CPU key

xebuild log

processing 1 bad blocks on device
marking bad block at 0x276
cleaning up stray remaps
block 0x276 had no remap, assigning remap block 0x3ff
done!

i can post the whole log if it helps

Did the person you bought it from give you multiple copies of the original NAND and the CPU key with the console? If not, I would definitely contact them and request it. 

everything works great it just cuts out my controllers , i did play online for a few seconds to try that out to

Edit: i do have my nand copies and a cd key.

i did update my kernel a few hours ago with success , just didnt fix my controller issue

What JPizzle meant was to take your two original NAND's and compare them, to check for bad blocks. The way that I do this is by using a program called Jrunner, which you can find here: 

http://bit.ly/K8z3OP

After you run Jrunner, click on "load source" and browse to the first copy of your nand. After that click on "Load Extra" and browse to the second copy of your nand. Now you would click on "Nand Compare". This should remap any bad blocks you would of had on your original image. Then you just put in the CPU key (into Jrunner), select a dash version (16537, you might have to add it in Jrunner) and click "create xebuild image". After all that double click on the log screen, save as a text file and post the results here, so we can see them. 

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Initializing 012331402808.bin..
Trinity
RGH2 Selected
Nand Initialization Finished
Comparing...
Bad Block ID  0276 Found @ 0x03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00]
Block ID 03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00] remapped to Block ID 0276 [Offset: 0xA26C00]
Bad Blocks Remapped
Bad Block ID  0276 Found @ 0x03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00]
Block ID 03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00] remapped to Block ID 0276 [Offset: 0xA26C00]
Bad Blocks Remapped
Nands are the same
Initializing 012331402808.bin..
Trinity
Nand Initialization Finished
Load Files Initiliazation Finished
Started Creation of the 16537 xebuild image
KV Info saved to file

Kernel    : 2.0.16537.0
Console   : Trinity
NAND size : 16MiB
Build     : Glitch (v2)
Xell      : power on console with console eject button
Serial    : 012331402808
ConsoleId : 0122808
MoboSerial: 7250255
Mfg Date  : 06/18/2010
CPU Key   : EC615B7928EDDF
1BL Key   : DD88AD0C9ED68563EFA
DVD Key   : 3BCA4C6313681E00
CF LDV    : 12
KV type   : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available)
---------------------------------------------------------------
    xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

ok so now in in Jrunner, click on "show working folder" and a window should pop up with a file in it called "updflash.bin". Copy that file to the root of a thumb drive (formatted in fat32). Once you have that plug the thumb-drive into the xbox and power the console on with the eject button. You should see a blue screen (this is xell). Once in xell you should see a prompt, telling you it's flashing the nand on your console. When it's done, you power cycle the console and you should be good to go. 

this is an old thread but just now I got this problem and I fixed by changing RF board (ring of light board).

sometimes over tightening of screws can do that or something shorting it, give it a twist and clean it (try ti press on components) and its working now.