RealModScene
muppetterror

How to play games form a NAS

can someone help me out with this?

i realy want to play my xbox games from a NAS... but i won't work..

i can see my NAS in the homegroup in SMB but when i start the game FSD3 cashes and it returns to the original dash...

please help me out... i know a lot of people want to have this to work..

(sorry for my crappy english i am dutch)

I think the plugin was called connectx. You need to make sure it's configured properly. I found this tutorial with a simple google search:

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-86026.html

i did it that way but it will not work.. i dont get the conx folder... and btw.. this is for running games from a shared folder on a PC.. i want to play games from my NAS (Network Attached System)

I've never done or heard of it being used with a nas (I know what a nas is). I have had results with this method though (using the smb share). Only issue I ran into was the occasional lag and sometimes the game would just crash. I would recommend just using an internal hard-drive (It really is the fastest/easiest way). 

i did it that way but it will not work.. i dont get the conx folder... and btw.. this is for running games from a shared folder on a PC.. i want to play games from my NAS (Network Attached System)

is it not the same ??? if you NAS drive is networked mapped and your folder within your NAS drive shared in windows ?

Yeah you're right. After I posted that last comment I thought about it a little more. Both a NAS and a SMB share should work with connectx. Odds are is OP isn't configuring it correctly. My main point is, even if he/she did get it working, it's not compatible with every game and is known to cause lag and/or crash the game completely. I'm not even sure the plugin is still supported with FSD 3. I'm pretty sure it only works with FSD 2.2. 

Yes you can. If you ever do set it up, then you'll see how unstable it is.

Follow this tutorial:

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86026

Here is a list of compatible games:

http://www.xbox360iso.com/fsd-connectx-games-t525655.html

You are able to set a path to ConX: once you have set up and configured ConnectX on your console. In FSD, Settings>Content Settings>Manage Game Paths. 

• Like 1

I've tried it on a NAS with a mapped SMB share and also from my computer just to 100% eliminate that it's not a NAS read speed issue (both can serve up 90-100MB/s+. that's megaBYTES, so just under 1Gbit more or less)

Basically, don't bother. It's completely useless because it's so slow. You will have load times approximately 3-4 time using a hard drive. Makes games literally unplayable.

(I'm sure you will ignore this and try it anyway as I ignored the person who advised me to not bother)... :)

Give it a go, it's satisfying to see it work, but that's it.

• Like 1