RealModScene
Shuraim Ahmet

Cd tray giving opening message while playing games and etc.

Hey guyz ever since I got jtagged i can only play my games from both internal/external HDD with tray opened up(ejected) because every time I close the tray and try to play it gives "opening" message and this takes me back to xbox home and i lost unsaved game progress(very frustrating :chris: ). I usually power on my console by pressing home key on my wireless controller. Is there anyway i can get it fixed without opening my console coz its really frustrating to play games while tray is out(Urgent help needed).

Cheerz. 

I vaguely remember dealing with this before, try this: 

open your tray and then, without turning your console off first, unplug your console.  Then, push your tray halfway in and plug in your console.  Power your console on.  When you do this it will suck your tray back in which I believe should fix the problem.  Then again, I'm going off of a memory of something I tried for a customer about 2 years ago so it might not help at all!  If that doesn't work, maybe try it with the tray fully ejected when you plug it back in.  Good luck!

• Like 1

I vaguely remember dealing with this before, try this: 

open your tray and then, without turning your console off first, unplug your console.  Then, push your tray halfway in and plug in your console.  Power your console on.  When you do this it will suck your tray back in which I believe should fix the problem.  Then again, I'm going off of a memory of something I tried for a customer about 2 years ago so it might not help at all!  If that doesn't work, maybe try it with the tray fully ejected when you plug it back in.  Good luck!

Thanx I'll sure give it a try.

Friend.
Without opening device impossible. :sweat:

Posted Image

First thing, replace the drive unit.
There is no unity
: :shock:
Confirm that this drive unlocked (not being any unlocks 1.9).
Not unlock
: :shock:
You have to take nand, check if the key of the drive on the motherboard matches the key of the drive.
If not, write a 0272 3.0 firmware with the key from your drive.
Latter case does not pick up, because who recorded the nand device in record time, not calling the user function NO FCTR, leaping checking the drive.
These are all
possibilities. :thumbsup:
Play and be happy! :clap:

If the tray opens on it's own it's likely caused by broken mechanical parts in your drive (it can't tell if it's open or closed properly)

This have nothing to do with the NAND, it can however also be caused by a bad kamikaze attempt on a slim drive...

Had a similar problem on my daughters phat xbox, The tray once opened would not close properly unless force was used. The tray looked closed but the ROL would flash and then after 10 or so seconds the tray would open. Turns out that when I RGH'd it the drive was not seated correctly causing it to foul the facia. 

If the tray opens on it's own it's likely caused by broken mechanical parts in your drive (it can't tell if it's open or closed properly)This have nothing to do with the NAND, it can however also be caused by a bad kamikaze attempt on a slim drive...

Had a similar problem on my daughters phat xbox, The tray once opened would not close properly unless force was used. The tray looked closed but the ROL would flash and then after 10 or so seconds the tray would open. Turns out that when I RGH'd it the drive was not seated correctly causing it to foul the facia. 

My tray doesnt come out by itself its just that it displays opening message whenever its closed and the little light in the centre blinks bt it stays green and takes me back to xbox home during games.

Cheers.

What happens if you remove the DVD Drive? (the console will work without it aswell) i still believe there is a hardware problem with the dvd drive as it may be stuck (not opening) but it tells the console that it is opening...

What happens if you remove the DVD Drive? (the console will work without it aswell) i still believe there is a hardware problem with the dvd drive as it may be stuck (not opening) but it tells the console that it is opening...

I've never tried removing the DVD drive so dont really know if it'll work but if it does then its perfect coz i never use DVD drive after jtag. If something's wrong with the hardware can it be fixed at home without taking it to the repairer coz i dont trust many of them?

Cheerz.

I've never tried removing the DVD drive so dont really know if it'll work but if it does then its perfect coz i never use DVD drive after jtag. If something's wrong with the hardware can it be fixed at home without taking it to the repairer coz i dont trust many of them?Cheerz.

Well, removing the DVD drive should solve the problem... if it doesn't you'll need to figure out what the heck is the cause of the issue...If you want to repair the DVD Drive you'll need to look at what is the cause of the problem, it's likely not something you'll be able to fix on your own at home... but... you might be able to, it's one of those things that nobody is going to be able to give you a straight answer without seeing what the cause of the problem is (most likely one needs to see the drive in person rather then looking at pictures) but, seeing as you don't use the DVD drive... just remove it... it'll work without the dvd (hopefully also without the issue) however, the led will still be blinking, this can be disabled with one additional SMC patch when you build a new image using xeBuild... or with a simple jumper over the correct points of the dvd power connector... [the recommended path is to go with the software method as it simply disables the function to blink when the drive is opening/closing or not present]

Well, removing the DVD drive should solve the problem... if it doesn't you'll need to figure out what the heck is the cause of the issue...If you want to repair the DVD Drive you'll need to look at what is the cause of the problem, it's likely not something you'll be able to fix on your own at home... but... you might be able to, it's one of those things that nobody is going to be able to give you a straight answer without seeing what the cause of the problem is (most likely one needs to see the drive in person rather then looking at pictures) but, seeing as you don't use the DVD drive... just remove it... it'll work without the dvd (hopefully also without the issue) however, the led will still be blinking, this can be disabled with one additional SMC patch when you build a new image using xeBuild... or with a simple jumper over the correct points of the dvd power connector... [the recommended path is to go with the software method as it simply disables the function to blink when the drive is opening/closing or not present]

Thanx in the first step I'll try to disconnect the dvd drive and hope problem goes away. BTW What's xeBuild heard a lot about this but never used it so dont really know what it does, Can u please tell me?

Cheerz.

Thanx in the first step I'll try to disconnect the dvd drive and hope problem goes away. BTW What's xeBuild heard a lot about this but never used it so dont really know what it does, Can u please tell me?Cheerz.

xeBuild is the tool you use to update your hacked dashboard/kernel (it builds the Xbox 360 NAND with the newer versions) there are multipile programs that do this, all of which use xeBuild commandline tool in the background (xeBuild GUI [which i make btw], JRunner, AutoGG and a bunch of others...)
  • Like 1

xeBuild is the tool you use to update your hacked dashboard/kernel (it builds the Xbox 360 NAND with the newer versions) there are multipile programs that do this, all of which use xeBuild commandline tool in the background (xeBuild GUI [which i make btw], JRunner, AutoGG and a bunch of others...)

Wow u make softwares great mate!!!