RealModScene
koli99

Xbox360 E JTag - Solid Red Light

Hi!

I've got new xbox 360 e 250GB jtag v4 for only 2 weeks and today this happened. Tried to start the xbox, solid red light is on (light on power supply orange). Disconected everything, reconnected. Xbox started for few second, green light changed from green to red and that's it.

I called technical support and they said to disconnect and reconnect everything, if it doesn't work bring the xbox to the shop. I will probably do this in any case, but just wanted if there anything else I can do (try)? What could be the cause?

Thanks for help!

Could be a dry joint on the CR, bad earth etc. Does it power on using the eject button.... When you say you called "tech support" tech support of the people that done it for you?

Than it could be a problem related to power supply (connections etc.,)? Yes, it does power on when I press eject button! And now its working. 

Tech support are the guys at the shop where I purchased Xbox. They make a JTAG modification and the warranty is from their side. They are ok, but don't want to drive 100km just for a problem which can be fixed at home (without opening the console)

could be a glitch, keep an eye on it. they can do that if the image hasn't wrote correctly that's why I was wondering if it powered on with the eject button. but it's working now so all good I guess. 

Did you try and do anything to the machine, like update FSD or anything..?

No. Just install and play games. No unistallation / delete of anything. No updates, nothing. Just strange. 

Could it be related to the power cord? When I got the xbox, the power cord was not working. Call the tech support, said to try it with LCD screen power cord. Tried it, worked normally. Then they sent a new one, which I plugged it onto my LCD screen. Could it be a problem there?

I very much doubt it to tell you the truth....the power cord is a power cord if you get me. just keep an eye on it. ;)

Ok, thanks for the help, much apperciated! Would not even think to start the xbox by pressing cd eject button :blushing:

no worries, you don't normally, when you have a "jtag" as to speak, you power the machine on using the eject button to get to "xell" this is to get your nand and cpu key from the device via www and write it back once you've created an image. ..... however after failed dashlaunch updates etc. then the trick is to power it on using this method, that's the only reason I suggested it for. 

On normal machines you could power them on with eject though. ;)

All working now though. just keep an eye on it. 

Have Fun ;)

When the center LED turns RED it's the same as what happens when you get RROD on a "phat" console [old Xbox 360], this indicates that there's a problem somewhere...

If you press and hold the "sync" button [small one you press to connect wireless controllers] and press the eject button you'll get an error code (check how many leds are blinking in the ring) this error code will tell you what went wrong... if you get no error code it could be a MFG error in which case you need to make sure to have networking connected or wait like 5-10 minutes for an error to show up...

Of course, sometimes you'll also see an error on the TV (E##) with a message telling you to call the customer support blabla... if that's the case just post the error you see there (no need to go with the secondary error code as it'll tell you the exact same thing anyways)

Hi!

I've got new xbox 360 e 250GB jtag v4 for only 2 weeks and today this happened. Tried to start the xbox, solid red light is on (light on power supply orange). Disconected everything, reconnected. Xbox started for few second, green light changed from green to red and that's it.

I called technical support and they said to disconnect and reconnect everything, if it doesn't work bring the xbox to the shop. I will probably do this in any case, but just wanted if there anything else I can do (try)? What could be the cause?

Thanks for help!

Hey there! 

I've had the same problem with my Xbox 360 E Jtag Console, and when I would turn it on, the Power Light would briefly come on green, and switch to red. After several diagnostics and analysis, I found the solution to this problem! Okay, so o get this under control, follow the following! Keep in mind that this problem is not with your Xbox, but the power supply. In my case, the problem occurred to me when I accidentally plugged my console into a higher voltage plug that recommended, but nothing serious happened, so no replacing! Try my method out though!

Okay So, lets start:

1) Turn off Console (in the case of it being on) and disconnect ALL wires from the console. So the Kinect sensor, the power cable, HDMi or AVI cable, any USB's. Then place the console to the side. nothing should be attached to the console at this point. Your console's back side should be like this:

xbox360e_teardown_01.jpg

2) Now to the power brick. The power brick is the big black box thing in which the wire from the plug goes to. Unplug that and let it sit there for a while or so. So that side of the power brick should be looking like this: 

$_57.JPG

3) Now after letting it sit there unplugged for a while (5-10 minutes min), re-plug all the wires back into the console, and make sure to attache the power brick wires last!

4) ENJOY!!!

NOTE: If the same thing happens again, this time just remove the main wire from the plug (will shutdown everything attached to console, and console itself), and let it sit for another 10 minutes. After a few times, it will stop happening! keep in mind this worked for me! Worth a try!

That's more a specific issue...

RDOD (Red Dot Of Death) which it is called on Slims tell of this: There was an error

This error can be caused by the software or the hardware (the PSU in your case is hardware, and it probably have a red led lit?) this could be caused by a short somewhere on the motherboard or in the psu, it can also be caused by a power surge seeing as it works after you've disconnected it for a while (letting it reset itself)

A better solution in your particular case is to use a Surge Protector or something like that, to make sure there's nothing outside of the box causing the problem...

In etheir case i would start by checking the secondary error code (as described above) you can then check on http://xbox-experts.com/errorcodes.php to maybe shed some light on what the error means, once you have some information of what the error mean you can start troubleshooting to find what the error is caused by and how you can possibly fix it...

If you're not sure about how to make sense of it, just ask here and someone will help you figure it out :)

Just look at the solderings.

It could be hardware fault, it can also be software fault... the only way to really know is to check the secondary error code, press and hold the sync button while pressing the Eject button, this should make the leds flash, take note of how many are lit and you'll have one digit in the 4 digit error code, once you have the error code you can start looking into what the actual cause is

It's morelikely to get a cold solderjoint instead of software faults.

Im guessing what could do these faults without doing anything.

But you're right, as of ROD on slims it could also be software. Which i doubt in this scenario :)

It's morelikely to get a cold solderjoint instead of software faults.

Im guessing what could do these faults without doing anything.

But you're right, as of ROD on slims it could also be software. Which i doubt in this scenario :)

Actually, RROD on Xbox 360 (phats) can also be software faults... 0020 can be a nand issue for instance, but most commonly it's GPU error... but, there's other codes that also means etheir hardware or software fault ;)

Most of the time if it's a software fault you'll know it already (it's mostly when you flashed something to the console recently or so)

• Like 1

Actually i never had software faults, because it is not really possible to do wrong steps in the flashing steps, as all puzzles (CPU, etc.) have to fit and you see messages if something is correctly accomplished or not. When i started and had such problems, i watched out for bad solderjoints which always (common) lead to these fails. It is really important to work right and clean in every hard- and software step.

Actually i never had software faults, because it is not really possible to do wrong steps in the flashing steps, as all puzzles (CPU, etc.) have to fit and you see messages if something is correctly accomplished or not. When i started and had such problems, i watched out for bad solderjoints which always (common) lead to these fails. It is really important to work right and clean in every hard- and software step.

Just because the build and write process is ok doesn't mean everything is ok... if the error occurs around the same time as you flash it's in 9 out of 10 cases a software issue, besides... rrod means theres an error during the checks, some errors are purely software related, others are hardware or software...

Could be a dry joint on the CR, bad earth etc. Does it power on using the eject button.... When you say you called "tech support" tech support of the people that done it for you?

No, Microsoft

That's more a specific issue...

RDOD (Red Dot Of Death) which it is called on Slims tell of this: There was an error

This error can be caused by the software or the hardware (the PSU in your case is hardware, and it probably have a red led lit?) this could be caused by a short somewhere on the motherboard or in the psu, it can also be caused by a power surge seeing as it works after you've disconnected it for a while (letting it reset itself)

A better solution in your particular case is to use a Surge Protector or something like that, to make sure there's nothing outside of the box causing the problem...

In etheir case i would start by checking the secondary error code (as described above) you can then check on http://xbox-experts.com/errorcodes.php to maybe shed some light on what the error means, once you have some information of what the error mean you can start troubleshooting to find what the error is caused by and how you can possibly fix it...

If you're not sure about how to make sense of it, just ask here and someone will help you figure it out :)

Correct, but this fix was a temporary fix to just get you playing!