RealModScene
Crazygoldfish

Transfer all content and installation of fsd to a new drive

Hi guys,

Is it possible to transfer all content to a new drive?

I was wonder if I.

Connected the new drive and formatted in nxe.

Connect both Sata drives to my pc and use something like horizonto detect the content on the old drive and inject it into the new drive.

This will save me having to re install fsd & games etc?

Please advise.

Thanks

Fish

I dont know if this works but in theory it sounds like it does. You Make the harddrive you want to put in the xbox fat ( as it would be anyways ) Put the harddrive into a cabinett, And copy it straight over connected through usb in the xbox . Try :) 

How did you get on with this, I'm sending me mate a bigger hard drive as he only has a 20 gig on it and it's full, so we want to be able to copy it all over to the new one. I'm not sure he'll be able to plug 2 HDD's in his PC at once, so maybe we can use stock dash/FSD and copy the lot over too his attached USB drive and then back again to the new one. 

Thoughts?

Your best bet would be to by a standard 2.5" laptop drive and place it into your current case as Microsoft's drives are insanely overpriced (really easy you just need a torx screwdriver), plug it into your JTAG and format it. If you go this method the way you transfer files is by pluging both hard drives into your computer and copying, or plug one into the xbox360 port, and plug the other in with the transfer cable and use Xexmenu or another file manager to copy the files.

This isn't as easy as what it would seem, I've been trying tonight for testing the theroy out and have run into a few problems. I thought I'd simply take the HDD case apart and plug the drive into the PC and then copy the drive across to the new one but it isn't shown on my PC. 

By default windows pc's are not able to read storage devices formatted by the Xbox 360 console, however UsbXtaf will allow Xbox 360 storage devices to be accessed on Windows when connected by USB

So tried "horizon" and I guess you can do it that way, a little long winded, also I guess you can use FTP from FSD or xex menu etc.

Just been having a play to see what the best way is, I have a HDD that's 120 gig in size and everything is working fine on it, like FSD etc. and just been trying to copy it across to a 320 gig HDD.

Any suggestions on the best way to do it.....

I guess I can plug the 320 HDD into a caddy and use Horizon.....shame there just isn't an easy way to copy it all from A - B 

Just having a look at USBXTAFGUI_v44.exe