RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
DGenerateKane

[Feature Request] Title Database?

Any chance of implementing a database with game names similar to Wiitdb for the Wii? After installing FSD3 I am reminded how many games aren't named correctly, I've got several games with their Japanese names, several with funky symbols and some with placeholder names. So, any chance of a database that can name games based on either Title ID or Media ID?

Afaik it's already done that way. I think it extracts the name from the default.xex and when downloading covers/images from xbox.com it updates the name and description based on the TitleId. All this information is already stored in a database - sqlite database to be precise.

Maybe this post can help you.

Well then in isn't working correctly, it keeps the name it extracted from the xex. I have three RE games still named BIOHAZARD, several JRPG's that are in their original japanese, and quite a few games with various errors. It has always been this way every time I have reinstalled FSD 2 (and now 3) I have always had to manually rename the same games over again.

I haven't test it yet, but FSD2 queries the xbox catalog for getting Game infos. I guess FSD3 does the same.

You can test the query string for your games yourself to see if there is a positive match with your TitleId.

For example this is the query link for Resident Evil 6

Locale used: en-US

TitleId used: 43430819

Save the content of that link as XML file:

<title>RESIDENT EVIL 6</title>

<content type="text">game content</content>

-<live:media><live:mediaType>1</live:mediaType>

<live:gameTitleMediaId>urn:uuid:66ACD000-77FE-1000-9115-D80243430819</live:gameTitleMediaId>

<live:reducedTitle>RESIDENT EVIL 6</live:reducedTitle>

<live:reducedDescription>The bioterrorism nightmare continues. As the world teeters on the brink of destruction, what fate will await our heroes?</live:reducedDescription>

<live:availabilityDate>2012-01-20T00:00:00</live:availabilityDate>

<live:releaseDate>2012-10-02T00:00:00</live:releaseDate>