RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Rocknrolla

Kinect update

Hello, I've a problem. My kinect won't work before I update it, and I can't do it oficially by logging into xbox live. How do I update Kinect on modded console can someone tell me? Thank you.

Hello, I've a problem. My kinect won't work before I update it, and I can't do it oficially by logging into xbox live. How do I update Kinect on modded console can someone tell me? Thank you.

Download the appropiate update from here: http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/system_updates/Extract the folder "$SystemUpdate" from it to a FAT32 usb memory... if you have JTAG/RGH you may need to disable update blocking or rename the folder to "$$ystemUpdate"
  • Like 1

Hi I have a similar problem, I bought a 2nd hand jtag xbox 360 and I can't seem to update the software to get it to work. I downloaded the update from my cell phone, then transferred it to my laptop, formatted my flash drive to Fat32 as instructed here on this site, then I unzipped the contents of the download and copied it to the flash, stuck it into the console and restarted it but it doesn't run the update. Then I also tried doing it via a kinect game which I bought but it doesn't update there either even though I see the system update folder on the disc's content in file manager. There are two files in the folder but they don't do anything when selected. I have no idea what jtag is honestly, the guys made it sound cool so I went for it. Please help. I can be contacted on maynu26@gmail.com

Do you have a HDD on your console? if not; that's the problem...

What is that? If you are referring to a hard drive then yes, 250gb labelled as hdd1

Yep, that's what i was refering to...

Did you check what version of dashboard you currently have and put the correct one on your USB drive?

It might be worth also renaming the folder to $$ystemUpdate to bypass the update block (which is for safety reasons, if you update a RGH/JTAG with the official update [higher version then you currently have] it'll remove the hack, and you'll most likely end up with a console that isn't booting anymore untill someone fixes it)

I'm currently running dashboard 3.04 and I think the usb download is the correct one because I found it on this site. I have also renamed the folder to $$ystemUpdate but it doesn't auto detect it upon rebooting. I found in my file manager a folder on the hdd called dashboard 3.04 and when I select the default.xex file it opens a menu where you can select the XAM to auto detect $$ystemUpdate it still doesn't. I noticed that certain settings in the xbox home menu asks me for a family password which I don't have. I don't want to mess up the console but I'd really like the kinect to work

I'm currently running dashboard 3.04 and I think the usb download is the correct one because I found it on this site. I have also renamed the folder to $$ystemUpdate but it doesn't auto detect it upon rebooting. I found in my file manager a folder on the hdd called dashboard 3.04 and when I select the default.xex file it opens a menu where you can select the XAM to auto detect $$ystemUpdate it still doesn't. I noticed that certain settings in the xbox home menu asks me for a family password which I don't have. I don't want to mess up the console but I'd really like the kinect to work

Nah, that's dashlaunch... not dashboard...

Check under "System Information" you should see the dashboard version there (in the original dashboard that is, you should also be able to see it under the about screen of F3... it's name there is "kernel")

What I see in system info is K:2.0.161970

So you'll need to download the 16197 update, but i'd recommend that you update everything following this tutorial: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com or one of the tutorials on this site... (my method, the one i link you to... is a way to do it manually)

Okay thanks, is it safe though coz the guy who sold me the jtag said I shouldn't update the console. He said I can update the kinect but nothing is working when I try to.

Okay thanks, is it safe though coz the guy who sold me the jtag said I shouldn't update the console. He said I can update the kinect but nothing is working when I try to.

Yes, if you follow the instructions it's safe, the updates he was talking about is the official updates from microsoft... the ones we are blocking ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hey guy... remember how I said I don't wanna mess it up? Well I haven't attempted the update yet but I disabled something in my fsd menu so now my console no longer boots to freestyle like before. It boots directly into the xbox menu. Is there a way to get it back or undo what I did? I don't have xexmenu installed so I can't access my hdd1 at all in order to find the default.xex for freestyle

You can put xexmenu on a usb memory formatted as fat32, and have a launch.ini there which have:

default=usb:\pathtoxexmenu

Have this memory attatched on boot and it should start xexmenu on start, if not you'll need to put it on a cd/dvd or insert it into a usbmu

Okay, do you have a link for xexmenu and a guide as to how to do it please?

http://download.digiex.net/Consoles/Xbox360/Jtag/xexmenu_v1.1.rar

Unpack this, inside you'll find a "live" package and a xex version of xexmenu... use etheir one and point the default entry of your usb drive to whichever one you chose (if you choose the xex version, point it to the default.xex in the folder...)

You'll need to unpack the files inside aswell (so you get the live package or the xex and it's files)

Okay going to try that now. What worries me is that with the freestyle dash I could change the fan settings, now I can't and I can barely hear it and I'm worried that it will burn out

I get the following message from the link you gave me: Anti-Leech Protection - Download Blocked

Oh no, it look's like your trying to download from Digiex.net from another site which isn't authorised. 

We're sorry we can't complete the download for you, it's not your fault. It's just some pretty crappy webmaster or user who has just stolen our content that we worked hard on.

The fact you got this message means the file does actually exist on Digiex.net, it's just a case of finding it on our site which you can use the search bar at the top left, the categories on the top right or the Google Search below: 

You DO NOT need to be a registered member of Digiex to download from our site.

I'm afraid we have to do this to protect our resources, hosting downloads is expensive business and sites that directly link to us take away our visitors which means we can't afford to keep them up. It's pretty much theft

While you're at it, please feel free to report it on the forum in the 'Site Issues and Feedback' area or by emailing webmaster@digiex.net and we're send a takedown notice to their web host and offer you thanks.

Okay going to try that now. What worries me is that with the freestyle dash I could change the fan settings, now I can't and I can barely hear it and I'm worried that it will burn out

Don't mess about with the fan settings in FSD... use Dashlaunch to alter the temptresholds instead

But the problem is that I can't get into dashlaunch

Correction: you can't access the dashlaunch installer/configurator

Dashlaunch itself is installed in the nand, it starts when the console does in the background...

If a launch.ini don't work then you've probably installed a older version of dashlaunch which isn't compatible with your dashboard/kernel version