RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
mr2face

misc. questions on FSD

i have a few questions on FSD that i have searched the forums for but not found a reliable answer. posting them here now for your kind assistance:

1. what is a database refresh and how is it done? (when i have to move a disc 2 to 'no section', it gives me the warning that i will need a database refresh in order to restore it). i have tried delete data from settings but did not remove the names, only the covers

2. how do i download all covers at once? i have like over 20 games and i don't want to download all of them manually

3. change title path- sometimes i extract a disc but it fails and when i do it again, it makes another folder. i would rather just change the path of the title in the library (the little tiles). is this possible?

1) The database refresh is usually done each time FSD starts up. It will scan any path on your hard-drive you have set up, then attempt to get the covers from the jqe site. I've never had a problem getting rid of the second disc. You need to hit "Y" on it then go to "move" then to "no section". That should remove it from the list, but still keep the data there. 

2) Like I said before the covers should automatically download when FSD starts up. Make sure you give it enough time to get the covers though. On the bottom of the screen you should see a status bar. Make sure it's not downloading anything when you go to check your game list. 

3) If you go to Content---> Game paths. You can add a new title path. 

All in all I would recommend updating to the newest version of FSD (rev 775). Be patient when FSD is downloading content (sometimes it takes a while). Also explore the settings menu, you can do allot of cool stuff in there. 

1) The database refresh is usually done each time FSD starts up. It will scan any path on your hard-drive you have set up, then attempt to get the covers from the jqe site. I've never had a problem getting rid of the second disc. You need to hit "Y" on it then go to "move" then to "no section". That should remove it from the list, but still keep the data there. 

my question is- once i do that, how do i actually get it back?

2) Like I said before the covers should automatically download when FSD starts up. Make sure you give it enough time to get the covers though. On the bottom of the screen you should see a status bar. Make sure it's not downloading anything when you go to check your game list. 

it is not doing so- on the status bar it does not say that it is downloading anything. i know this because when i manually ask it to download a cover, it usually gives me the speed of download, number of items, etc.

3) If you go to Content---> Game paths. You can add a new title path. my question is- how do i change a game path for a tile in the library? is it possible?

All in all I would recommend updating to the newest version of FSD (rev 775). Be patient when FSD is downloading content (sometimes it takes a while). Also explore the settings menu, you can do allot of cool stuff in there.i have updated to the latest version.

The FSD main screen seems to be too big cant see the temp blade any fix? couldnt find anything in settings

look in system settings/ overscan settings