RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
k33per

Cannot connect via FTP

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting via FTP, here are the details:

First, the error I'm getting is a connection issue (not a credentials issue -- which is the default xbox/xbox).

Second, the IP address does show up in the bottom left. And I'm confident it's connected properly since the game covers are downloaded fine, and the weather app updates fine.

Third, I tried both Filezilla and FlashFXP... I also made sure to try under "passive" mode.

Fourth, I don't really think it's a router issue because I run another FTP on my network which I can connect to fine (without needing any "special" router configurations -- unless the FTP running via FSD requires a different setup?)

Fifth, I can't even ping the xbox -- but i'm not sure i'm supposed to be able to, but regardless, i can't ping it heh.

I only got my xbox modded a few weeks ago, and made an update soon after (i wanted to get the weather app to work to make sure the connection was at least good, since i could see the weather app get updated) -- i've never been able to get FTP to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

Filezilla works for sure, try setting it to active, that's how i get it to work... also check that the FTP server is enabled in FSD (you can disable it!)

tried in active mode, and double-checked ftp's enabled.

i should be able to ping my xbox, right? 'cause i can't even do that...

tried in active mode, and double-checked ftp's enabled. i should be able to ping my xbox, right? 'cause i can't even do that...

in that case, double check your ip, and of course make sure you are in the same local network =)

had similar issue the other day....i normally connect my xbox to my network by wireless,but wanted to update to the new kernal so used a network cable for speed and saftey...the next day i went to ftp a file over..using wireless , and it would not connect..i checked all my settings and everything was fine ,re-checked connection with cable and that worked ok....so i rebooted my router and xbox ....now everything works the way it used to ...wireless all the way....