RealModScene
Bigvat

Link can join game but get error with Friend

Hi all

I am hoping someone can please help me with a Link problem I am having. Myself and a friend are trying to link our consoles

We have the same FSD version and Dashlaunch version and kernal ver (FSD 775 and DL 10)

On the same network we can play link no problem*

When we play from our own homes(over the internet) we can see and join other peoples games no problem. We can even both be playing in someone else's created game.

Our problem is neither of us can join each others games. We can see each other on the game join screen but get a timeout error when trying to connect. We have also tried different games to try eliminate the problem but get the identical error. 

I would think neither of us are able to host a game? 

One other query, I cannot find anything online about Contpatch must this be on?

Any idea what could be causing this?  

Thanks in advanced

Have you and your friend put your ip in DMZ port?

No, but I can try this tonight. Can you give me an explanation on what that does? I am sure I will be able to configure my router as I saw this option by the port forwarding option.

No, but I can try this tonight. Can you give me an explanation on what that does? I am sure I will be able to configure my router as I saw this option by the port forwarding option.

that is not likely the issue to begin with, it's more likely that one of you might not have the pingpatch active, it's very important...

that is not likely the issue to begin with, it's more likely that one of you might not have the pingpatch active, it's very important...

Yes both have the identical setting on that information dashlaunch screen in link. Pingpatch is active and devlink is off as recommend. (cant remember which is which but its right as stated in italic on the screen) 

I did not think it was a port problem because we can both play link just cannot join each others games.

Thanks for the input so far guys I have also been reading more into the forums especially this tutorial

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/603-every-thing-you-need-to-know-to-make-link-work/page-3

I am wondering if it could be my ISP? Would not make sense if I can join games though right?

Yes both have the identical setting on that information dashlaunch screen in link. Pingpatch is active and devlink is off as recommend. (cant remember which is which but its right as stated in italic on the screen) I did not think it was a port problem because we can both play link just cannot join each others games. Thanks for the input so far guys I have also been reading more into the forums especially this tutorialhttp://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/603-every-thing-you-need-to-know-to-make-link-work/page-3 I am wondering if it could be my ISP? Would not make sense if I can join games though right?

It could actually be a connection problem between your isp's, or your router... it's quite difficult to say :p

Thanks going to try using different isp's and the DMZ advised above.

DMZ is more useful if you cannot connect to anyone, it's mostly for troubleshooting portforwarding issues... like i said tho, it's highly unlikely that it'll solve your problem ;)

Did you fix this issue? I'm having the exact same problem, I can log into other ppl games but if I create a game every1 but my friend can log into it. We can only see each other if we enter other ppl rooms. We tried using the same port, different ports and nothing. :S