RealModScene
JPizzle

XMPlayer V0.0.2 : a new version of the libxenon media player

The developer Siz release to today an update of the famous libxenon’s media player (originally stared by Ced2911) : XMPlayer now in version 0.0.2. This video player is based on Mplayer (an Open Source Media Player), and after a long wait. This new version bring A LOT of change and fix … so be sure to check the Changelog to see all of them .

Why using libxenon to make this? because even if SDK is more user friendly, with libxenon you can exploit the xbox 360 power with more efficiency (without all MS system’s cpu usage), as you have seen that with GliGli’s N64 emulator. Another cool point about developing on libxenon for a Media Player is the possibility to use NTFS Hard drive and so play files >4Gb which is impossible using the SDK (computer streaming don’t count). But remember, you can launch this application using dashlaunch with the ‘excecute’ feature.

You can follow Siz project on his GitHub.

================================================================================

XMPlayer 0.0.2 – October 19, 2012

================================================================================

With a lot of help from especially Ced2911 and the Libxenon community, I can proudly present

the new version of XMPlayer with added features, fixes and changes.

Enjoy.

/siz

github: https://github.com/siz-/xmplayer

Changelog

Version 0.0.2:

- Fixed: .avi files not playing after a .mkv, .mov or .mp4 file has been played

- Fixed: When entering a new folder « Item number/All item number » will not update until moving down on d-pad

- Fixed: When paused, the osd buttons (y, xbox, x) unpauses video, only (a) pauses/unpauses now

- Fixed: Osd_show_progression (x) only shows if osd-button (y) hasn’t been pressed before

- Fixed: Lb and Rb doesn’t seek -600/+600

- Fixed:The D-pad being buggy after a video has been played

- Fixed: Some bugs with osd displaying delay as -0 because of it being close to zero

- Fixed: Removed the 1 pixel-width line artifact in videos

- Changed: Osd-button (y) now switches from directly on/off, this means it only needs 1 press to full osd and not 3 presses

- Changed: When pressing the pause-button (a) progression will also show

- Changed: The page down icon now only shows, if there are at least more items than a page

- Changed: The ( B) button doesn’t exit to homescreen any more, it goes one level up, until root then goes to homescreen

- Changed: [extension.mp4] demuxer=mov to demuxer=lavf in mplayer.conf, lavf handles .mp4 files better than mov

- Changed: Updated libass to 0.10.0

- Changed: Ass/ssa is now subtitle default which means outline, color, scale etc. works -Changed: The audio delay option in osd is more logical, a audio_delay of 100 ms doesn’t mean audio is 100 ms before video (mplayer standard), but 100 ms after

- Changed: Replaced mxml with tinyxml, because of loading problems and it seems lighter

- Changed: Updated GUI with button indicators, changed page size from 10 to 15

- Added: « Restart » and « Shutdown » buttons

- Added: A « smart menu » that saves your last selection and path when exiting a menu or playing a video (resets between devices)

- Added: Resume-playback function: if you stop a video in the middle of playing, it will save last position and resume from there if desired (more than a minute of video has to be played)

- Added: All libmenu’s working functions available in the main osd, so libmenu will no longer be needed

- Added: Patch from mplayerdev’s mailing list which adds support for playing videos inside multivolume uncompressed rar files

- Added: If a .rar file loads, it now gets the extension of the archived file, so the true extension profile is loaded

- Added: The (back) button goes directly back to homepage

- Added: Sort files. By pressing (x) in the file browser, you can order by Name or Date (day/month/year)

- Added: ASS settings can be accessed from the subtitle osd menu

- Added: Set ass=yes and vf=ass in mplayer config. This means it can be disabled and subfont can be used if desired

Version 0.0.1:

-Intial Release

Known Issues

- Cannot seek in files over 2 gigabytes (split the files for now)

- Prolonged pausing causes audio to go out of sync, « fix » this by seeking once in the file

- ASS Subtitle handling can cause freezes and lag. If rand

om crashes in video occurs, set ass=no and change vf=ass to #vf=ass in config

- Playing .rar can be unstable, sometimes freezing XMPlayer

- If your subs doesn’t show all the characters, try a different font by replacing subfont.ttf in folder

- XMPlayer does not always mount usb (uda) even though it loads, reload XMPlayer and try again

- Endless loading screen: Try formatting using Gui Format32, or try placing xenon.elf and symbols.elf on root of xbox’s internal hdd. Place the folder on the root of a usb (ntfs, fat), and then run xenon.elf from the internal harddrive via Dashlaunch.

- Can crash while using play’n'charge kit

- Audio balance not working

- Pictures and Music are not supported

- No networking!

Install

- Copy all files to the root of an usb stick, launch it by xell or latest dashlaunch

Button Binds

#In File Browser

-A: enter

-B: up one level

-X: sort by

-Back: back to homescreen

-D-pad: direction

#In video

-A: pause/play

-B: exit player

-X: show progression

-Y: OSD/Menu

-Rb: seek 10 min forward

-Lb: seek 10 min back

-Rt: seek 10 sec forward

-Lt: seek 10 sec back

-Up: seek 1 min forward

-Down: seek 1 min back

-Right: seek 10 sek forward

-Left: seek 10 sek back

Settings

#Global

Exit action: Shutdown Button bind

Language: Menu language (English/French)

#Audio

Language: Set default audio track of video (i.e mkv with multiple languages)

Volume: Start volume

Soft Volume: Software volume boost

#Video

Frame Dropping: Set default frame dropping option

Vsync: Set default vertical sync option

#Subtitles

Color: Color of the subtitle (only when ass=yes, which is default)

Border Color: Color of the subtitle border (only when ass=yes, which is default)

Code Page: the encoding of the subtitles (latin, baltic, arabic etc.)

Language: Default subtitle language

Thanks to

Ced2911

Aioros

cancerous

GliGli

IceKiller

Juvenal

Natelx

Razkar

sk1080

tuxuser

[c0z]

Remember to support the xbox 360 legal homebrew community!

www.libxenon.org and #libxenon @ EFNet

Source: Homebrew-Connection.org

xmplayer-0.0.2.zip

Nice work guys, I was wondering if this would be a project that took hold and got updates and i am glad to see that it is. A media player for all formats like this is Really needed!

how to instal and run this soft on xbox360 RGH?

Install

- Copy all files to the root of an usb stick, launch it by xell or latest dashlaunch

Install

ho to start program? i don't see run file in directory. I see only files .elf

freestyle3 don't see it to.

I've been waiting for a tool like this one for years! Thank you very much!

But I'm with a problem: The endless loading screen. Couldn't get anywhere even following the instructions ("Try formatting using Gui Format32, or try placing xenon.elf and symbols.elf on root of xbox’s internal hdd. Place the folder on the root of a usb (ntfs, fat), and then run xenon.elf from the internal harddrive via Dashlaunch.").

Does anybody knows how do I fix this?

I have a few questions about launching xmplayer from DashLaunch:

• To launch an .elf on the internal hard drive via DashLaunch, do you just point one of the launch entries in launch.ini to the .elf file (e.g. "Power = Hdd:\xenon.elf")?
  • Does DashLaunch and/or XMPlayer require it to be named xenon.elf, or can it be named something else?
  • Can the mplayer folder be placed on the internal hard drive, parallel to the .elf's?

My goals are:

• Automatically launch XMPlayer when the Xbox is turned on via the console's power button, defaulting to launching FSD otherwise.
  • Avoid automatically launching XMPlayer when booting Xell (via eject button), hence the desire to rename to something other than xenon.elf.
  • Prefer to avoid having to plug in a USB drive, although I suspect the mplayer folder won't work on the internal hard drive's xtaf/fatx file system, so USB drive may be necessary.

Thanks!

you need to launch the dashlaunch installer app and use the file manager in it to navigate to ANY .elf file. You can place it anywhere you want and name it whatever you want.

yes, the folder needs to be in the same directory as the elf but they can go wherever you like.

Is there a way to start the player from FSD, or do I really need to start XeLL or DashLaunch every time I want to use the player? It's really annoying - don't tell me there ain't a way to start it directly from FSD... Thanks for your reply!

We have not added the ability to launch LibXenon (.elf files) homebrew from F3, you will need to use XeLL or DashLaunch for now.

DashLaunch includes the XellLaunch application which you could use to launch XMPlayer. Assuming you have a typical install of XMPlayer on your USB drive (i.e. USB root contains xenon.elf, symbols.elf, mplayer folder), run XellLaunch from FSD which will start Xell, which in turn should find xenon.elf on your USB drive and run it.

Note that it's possible that some USB drives may not work. If Xell fails to find xenon.elf, try a different USB drive.

You guys say you can run the .elf file from dashlaunch how exactly do you do this? when trying to specify a path to the mplayer it does not pick up the files so i cannot select them?

no way to run this app from HDD ?! if no way , its a big problem ! why you cant build a app like .xex , till we run it easy ?!please remove this problem ...

hi my friend i should place all files in the root of hdd ?i do this and run xenon . elf from dashlaunch and still same error ...

I run mine from hdd. Place all files on your hdd and launch the .elf with dashlaunch. Works fine.

thanks for the info man

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Here's my set up:

xmplayer and all of its files are in Hdd1:Homebrewmplayer. I'm sure it doesn't matter what you name that folder. All videos I have in Usb0:Video. Again, folder name doesn't matter. I have dashlaunch set to run when I hit system settings in the miniblades (to do set this in dashlaunch paths set configapp to your dashlaunch default.xex. Mine is at Hdd:Homebrewdash_launch_v3.04Installerdefault.xex) so I do that, I have dashlaunch set to start at the launch menu instead of options (to do this in dashlaunch options under configurator set calaunh=enabled) then I just navigate to Hdd1:Homebrewmplayerxenon.elf and voila!

Beyond that I gotta say I dig this app for playing .mkv files. I just tried ps3mediaserver and it kicks my lappy's cpu in the dirt. Great homebrew is great.

• Like 1