RealModScene
ana

copy error

hi! since yesterday I cant copy files on my HDD anymore. every file or folder is giving me an error. any ideas what I could do? 

hm no. its more like, the filemanager is starting copying the files ( in this case I want to copy some skins) but after some seconds it will tell me that the copy process faild 

I did it also there... same, wont copy 

Do you have enough free space on the drive?

FTP should work (always) use "flashFXP" as that seems not to have problems creating folders (CHMOD777) etc. "cuteftp" doesn't work to well, there's a few but I swear buy "FlashFXP" ;)

Personally i use XM360 or F3 for FTP server and Filezilla on my PC :)

I think you're having an issue with the harddrive tho, it might have to many files, to many bad sectors or something... the filesystem doesn't support an infinite ammount of files, however... it should support a insanely large ammount of files... you may also have other problems such as path name, file name etc... check this for more info: http://www.free60.org/FATX#Limitations

thats great, will try that out tomorrow. but do you have any other ideas how I could fix the problem with the fsdFilemanager... because my xbox isnt that close to my computer 

thats great, will try that out tomorrow. but do you have any other ideas how I could fix the problem with the fsdFilemanager... because my xbox isnt that close to my computer 

Well, it's quite difficult to say, do you have XEX versions of games on your internal harddrive? this can be the cause of the issue (to many files) some games have a truckload of files...

witch amount of games would be to much for an xbox 360?  :unsure:

Depends alot on the games, if you're going to use the internal harddrive for your games i would recommend you use the GOD format instead of the XEX format... that renders less files most of the time ;)

jesus! I forgot how I got my HDD working... I think I just formated on fat32. I m such a noob :blushing:

jesus! I forgot how I got my HDD working... I think I just formated on fat32. I m such a noob :blushing:

Are you talking about an external or internal harddrive? there's a difference... external = USB, those need to be FAT32 and that have a different limitation compared to XTAF (which the internal drive uses)

External have a limitation of 268,173,300 files which is an insane ammount... you'll not reach that any time soon even if you have hundreds of games on that disk ;)

haha, no I m actually talking about an internal HDD. and I forgot how I did it... yes I gues I just formated it to FAT32... always something to learn. was fat32 wrong? 

haha, no I m actually talking about an internal HDD. and I forgot how I did it... yes I gues I just formated it to FAT32... always something to learn. was fat32 wrong? 

The internal hdd is supposed to be XTAF (byte reversed XTAF) and... that's done from the dashboard itself... it doesn't really matter what you format it as before doing so tho...

that means its doing that by installing F3... and yes you might can answer me another question as well. because my old HDD what is not anymore insinde my xbox anymore I would still like to use on a computer. but the computer wont recognise it: how can I go back to NTFS? 

that means its doing that by installing F3... and yes you might can answer me another question as well. because my old HDD what is not anymore insinde my xbox anymore I would still like to use on a computer. but the computer wont recognise it: how can I go back to NTFS? 

Installing F3 have nothing to do with the format of your internal harddrive... formatting the internal harddrive is done in the original dashboard...

About formatting your old hdd to NTFS; you'll need to go to the "Diskmanager" in windows and rebuild the partition table THEN you can format it like any other...

hi! since yesterday I cant copy files on my HDD anymore. every file or folder is giving me an error. any ideas what I could do? 

.......and you never mentioned that you'd installed a new hard drive in your very first original post!  :wacko: