RealModScene
sandeman11

How can i do a clean install?

After an error "out of the blue" http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/242-freestyle-dash-3-crashed-what-would-you-like-to-do%E2%80%9D/

I tried to Extract archive and send content to my XBOX 360 MU / HDD / USB.

Ftp'ed all files but 2 files would not transfer: nuisp1033 and nxeart. I hit in file manager the default.xex anyway. Xbox boots and when ik look in "credits" is see that i am on dashversion 3.0B rev 775 and kernel 2.0.16203.0

But, the error keeps coming immediately when Freestyle boots. (even after resetting options, even resetting game data. My kids will kill me)

So back to topic title.  I want to do a fresh install, just hoping that will solve my problem. Except i don't know how because i have not installed FSD that much. I think that in the past i installed via a disc where i burned an .iso on, not even sure about that.

If someone will point me in the right direction that would be great and very appreciated!!

post-1188-0-29330600-1380906216_thumb.jpg

Make sure you have dashlaunch properly configured too.

If you wanted to do a clean install, you could just FTP to the xbox, and upload the FSD files to it, then set dashlaunch to boot it instead of your current.

Once you've done that you can just add your scan paths - do a scan - get the artwork

euh, configure dashlaunch?

can you hold my hand and lead me?  :baby:  :thumbup:

you could also load xexmenu, once you loaded it ftp to your xbox, goto the Freestyle Dash folder, delete all contents, then upload the new data.

You can get the latest FSD from  http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2090-f3-rev-775/

Download it, extract the contents to your desktop then once you open it, open the file called F3Rev775.7z then extract all the files to a folder on your desktop, once that is done you can upload those files to your xbox via FTP into your freestyle/fsd folder where you deleted all those files just a moment ago.

This will be your clean install once you reboot the xbox

• Like 1

i done this not to long ago....as you can see I have a freestyle and a freestye1 folder, I just changed the ini to point to the new folder....

Default = Hdd:freestyle1default.xex

Posted Image

i done this not to long ago....as you can see I have a freestyle and a freestye1 folder, I just changed the ini to point to the new folder....

Default = Hdd:freestyle1default.xex

Posted Image

That's what you can do. Instead of via dashlaunch :)

Dashlauch controls that launch.ini file, what you did was manual change (something I prefer myself) :)

• Like 1

it was easier..... (on a side note, I'm astonished that people have these machines and they don't know what dashlaunch is, no disrespect to the OP, but I've seen numerous posts over the days asking what it is.....)

• Like 1

well here's a strange thing. The error is suddenly gone, not to happy about that because now i don't know what caused it...

i see that all covers are gone and if i manually update one, this works. Any way to get them once in all? 175 is not funny to update one by one :-)

Thanks for your help guys, will also update.

it was easier..... (on a side note, I'm astonished that people have these machines and they don't know what dashlaunch is, no disrespect to the OP, but I've seen numerous posts over the days asking what it is.....)

i would like to defend myself  :thumbup:  (no offence)

i think it is probably more than a year ago that i updated my 360. Sometimes i can't even remember what i was eating yesterday... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

well here's a strange thing. The error is suddenly gone, not to happy about that because now i don't know what caused it...

i see that all covers are gone and if i manually update one, this works. Any way to get them once in all? 175 is not funny to update one by one :-)

Thanks for your help guys, will also update.

Got the same error again, this occurs if the 360 is getting some files. On my "starting screen" i can see the message ? status HTTP: 11 items left (0,00 kBps) When i want to add manually artwork the files are just piling up. 

i experience NAT-errors on my other xbox (and NAS) could it be that the FSD crashes are caused by network-issues?

Give it a static ip address and add it to your DMZ if you like. ;)sent from my iphone5

i ordered a different router to replace the one provided by ISP. Was just wondering if that could be the cause of my problems...

Try unplugging it from the internet. If crashes then its not a network issue.

You coukd try resetting fsd in settings alao

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk