RealModScene

Ok having a problem making this work. Loaded fakeanim to HDD1, Apps, Fakeanim and edited launch.ini to the following

fakeanim = hdd\Apps\fakeanim\fakeanim.xex

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for looking

it should be hdd:\ not hdd\

Here's a question, is it possible to use xebuild to have fakeanim renamed as bootanim without breaking it and writing it to flash so that there's no delay on the boot? I havent tried it yet but the thought just occured to me

Here's a question, is it possible to use xebuild to have fakeanim renamed as bootanim without breaking it and writing it to flash so that there's no delay on the boot? I havent tried it yet but the thought just occured to me

Not with how it's written, from what i understand fakeanim expects the kernel to have all paths setup already, which is why it needs to be loaded by dashlaunch, bootanim is normally started right before (while) the kernel does it's thing...

• Like 1

Not with how it's written, from what i understand fakeanim expects the kernel to have all paths setup already, which is why it needs to be loaded by dashlaunch, bootanim is normally started right before (while) the kernel does it's thing...

=\  okay.....  would be nice though to just have it replace bootanim without adding the lag while the firmware looks for bootanim to load. hmm..... Maybe edit the bootstrap to prevent it from searching for bootanim? That'd speed up the POST of the device I think. I'm not a coder but if can be set as null that'd be awesome. From what I'm understanding the delay on the POST is being caused by a timeout by the flash looking for bootanim correct? if that execution code can be null set then would'nt it just boot normally without having to wait for the timeout?

It's not taking any time to actually look for bootanim.xex, it's simply loading the kernel and doing the kernel stuff... this is why they even added that bootanimation in the first place, to not have a black screen while booting...

• Like 1

It's not taking any time to actually look for bootanim.xex, it's simply loading the kernel and doing the kernel stuff... this is why they even added that bootanimation in the first place, to not have a black screen while booting...

Okay, so it just seems like a longer boot time because by removing the bootanim you have that wait time, plus however long it takes for dashlaunch to autorun fakeanim? If thats the case then it seems to me that the eye candy isn't worth the increased boot time, that or I didn't calibrate mine correctly when I first ran it. I'll just default fakeanim and try for a recalibration then.

I have setup fakeamin perfectly, the original sample videos in jukebox play fine during bootup. But when i downloaded other videos from youtube and converted them to WMV9 format; they won't play. I used Any Video Convertor... Plz Help.

I have setup fakeamin perfectly, the original sample videos in jukebox play fine during bootup. But when i downloaded other videos from youtube and converted them to WMV9 format; they won't play. I used Any Video Convertor... Plz Help.

That tool clearly don't use WMV9 as the codec, you need to find a better tool...

I have tried:

1) Window movie maker

2) Any Video Convertor

3)AVS Video Convertor (.1

4) Free Online Video Converter

None is working... i convert my videos to WMV9 format but still black screen.

Plz help...!

Thanx Buddy, it WORKED!

Bro is there a limit to the lenght of video that can be played in fake anim or not. I was planning to use 2-3min video, is it possible?

• Like 1

Bro is there a limit to the lenght of video that can be played in fake anim or not. I was planning to use 2-3min video, is it possible?

Try, i haven't seen any limits... it'll make your console slower tho xD

Cool stuff. I'm using particle for now. I like the original blue logo where it says glitch machine too. Not sure if those are on this thread but I got it working.

Do I need to calibrate it each time I switch to a new "anim"? Also it's pretty obvious but if I have more than one anim in the folder it will rotate then. So I made a "anim folder" for extra "anim".

Cool stuff. I'm using particle for now. I like the original blue logo where it says glitch machine too. Not sure if those are on this thread but I got it working.

Do I need to calibrate it each time I switch to a new "anim"? Also it's pretty obvious but if I have more than one anim in the folder it will rotate then. So I made a "anim folder" for extra "anim".

You may need to calibrate it for each animation yeah

CAN I USE THE AURORA * ? SORRY BAD ENGLISH TRANSLATOR USE[/size]

This is a app which you run using dashlaunch on startup of your console, it works with ANY launcher...

convert with windows movie maker

:thumbsup:  Fantastic, been playing around for a day or 2 trying to find what to encode with  :thumbsup:

For some reason, this doesnt seem to work with NiNJA. :/

That's because you should get the f*ck off Xbox Live with your stupid hacks...