RealModScene

---------------------------------------------------| FakeAnim v0.60b |---------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

Overview: This release will allow for fake animations in the form of WMV 9 encoded videos to be played on the console prior to showing the dashboard. Since this file is only loaded after the console is ready there will be a minor increase in boot times. This has no impact on glitch times since the glitch occurs prior to this file ever being loaded. The Delay and Calibration settings are designed to allow the user to tweak the video to their specific system and display. This tweaking makes it so that the video does not get cut off. Please read below for a full set of instructions:

Intallation & Configuration:

Important: Do NOT attempt to delete bootanim.xex if you are unable to restore to a previous NAND dump via hardware.

Requirements: DashLaunch v3.03 is required for this to work.

Installation:

• Copy over all files in the archive to the HDD or USB of the 360.
  • Edit your launch.ini to have fakeanim = point to the fakeanim.xex
  • Reboot the console and make sure the application runs. Ignore the Red Screen being present for a while.
  • Once you have verified the application is launched remove bootanim.xex** from the consoles Flash. (Use FS3 or FTP).
  • Reboot the console and pay attention to how long the red screen is displayed.
  • Calibration takes place in the fakeanim.ini file and should be checked with a cold boot in order to force the GPU to initialize.
  • Once calibration is complete edit the fakeanim.ini and set calibration to 0

Calibration Notes:

• To adjust the length the red screen is shown. Add to the number to increase the time take delay. Take away to decrease it.
  • The delay function is used to ensure the video does not get cut off during the monitor and GPU starting each "delay" is 250ms. Valid entries are between 0 and 100.
  • For slims start around 5.
  • For Phats start around 13.
  • The goal is to get the red screen to show for the least amount of time possible on the Evil Laugh wmv when performing a cold boot.
NFO:

# #
# #
# #
## ##
## ##
## ##
## ##
### ########### ###
#####################
##### #####
######## ########
### ############# ###
######### ####### #########
############## ##############
## ######## ######## ##
## ### #### #### ### ##
# ### #### #### ### #
### #### #### ###
# #### ### ### #### #
#### ### ### ####
######## ########
###############
###########
#########
### ###
### ###
### ###
### ###
######## ########
fakeanim_v0.60b

--------------------------------------------------------------
#### Overview: ####
# #
# This is a replacement bootanimation for freeboot consoles #
# In order for this to replace the bootanimation a few #
# requirements must first be met. The console must be #
# running the newest dashlaunch version 3.03. The original #
# bootanim.xex needs to be deleted from the console's Flash. #
# Do not attempt this if you are unable to restore to a #
# previous NAND dump via hardware. This is provided free and #
# without warranty. Please see the readme.txt for detailed #
# installation instructions. #
# #
#### Distinguished Gentlemen Award: ####
# #
# cOz thank you for all the help you have provided on this #
# this. Without the amount of time you have spent on #
# dashlaunch many of the features we have all come to love #
# would not exist. #
# #
#### The following entities made this possible: ####
# #
# BioHazard, cOz, MaesterRo #
# #
#### Thanks to the following people & teams: ####
# #
# J2G, jsinger47, Juvenal, JPizzle, JQE, RF1911, Mattie, #
# stefanou, Spudnutz, TraJiK, tydye81, Team-Xecuter, TeamFSD #
# #

FakeAnim_v0.60b.rar
  • Like 9

Now i want have to use fusion or rgh loader nands in order to use custom boot animations.Thanks :D

Nice, thanks.

Is there a place where i can find other boot animations ?

Youtube :p

it is in your flash (nand)

so its not on the internal HDD but on the "nand" itself. ok thanks man!

guess i'll just research more on this jtag/rgh stuff, there are still a lot of things i don't know

I am having some interesting issues. I have installed dl 3.0.3, installed fakeanim, pointed dl to fakeanim, used one of the stock animations, but all I get is the regular boot animation and the rol light goes around twice. No red screen, no second boot animation. Also, I am unable to delete or rename bootanim.xex to see if it is just a conflict with that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

make sure you are saving your launch.ini after modding it in the dashlaunch installer.

I have it saved.

; if set, this will be run as a title before any other option occurs, does not get circumvented by held buttons or default
; guide/power opts are processed after this; intended for a short video player to allow replacing bootanim
Fakeanim = Hdd:Appsfakeanimfakeanim.xex

comes from the xbox itself.

got it to work, I was thinking too much about it. wmv has to be in jukebox/ :facepalm:

I tried FakeAnim following the instructions well (set the good "delay", and set "calibration" to 0).

Then I've deleted the "bootanim.xex" file from the flash memory using FSD 3.0.

But I noticed that the boot time of the animation was longer than before...

So I've decided to reflash my nand, to have a new "bootanim.xex" file and to desactivate FakeAnim.

However, when I've started my Xbox, I had an E79 error...

I tried to create others nand with others softwares, on others computers, and reflash with others USB, but it still the same...

I can only boot on the Xell.

Each time I try to flash an other nand, I find a Bad Block that I never had before.

If you want more details, please ask me.

I've talked about this problem on a french forum, I can give you the adress if you can undrestand french and if it is allowed :p

(I have a Fat RGH Falcon Xbox 360.)

Thank you so much for your help ! :)

a total noob here: i did not do the rgh stuff myself, and i dont have money to pay to the same person again, if i backup the bootanim.xex and/or just rename it, can it be reused later if i ever decide to deactivate fakeanim?

Oh, I missed something...

Maybe I have not well understood "to restore to a previous nand dump via hardware"...

Does it means that I need a LPT or an USB tool such as x-nand-dumper to write my nand ?

And could you tell me why it doesn't work via software ?

But if I have to do it via hardware, I can !

Thanks for your answers,

Spideraider

Oh, I missed something...

Maybe I have not well understood "to restore to a previous nand dump via hardware"...

Does it means that I need a LPT or an USB tool such as x-nand-dumper to write my nand ?

And could you tell me why it doesn't work via software ?

But if I have to do it via hardware, I can !

Thanks for your answers,

Spideraider

I'm not a fan of using software to write the nand. It works and there is no reason it wouldn't work but if it messes up you'll be left with a console that doesn't work. Until you can get a hardware flasher. Your bad block imho is unrelated and may have been there when the console was hacked originally. My suggestions are to dump your nand and use j-runner to recreate it. Then flash that image onto the console.

a total noob here: i did not do the rgh stuff myself, and i dont have money to pay to the same person again, if i backup the bootanim.xex and/or just rename it, can it be reused later if i ever decide to deactivate fakeanim?

I had a hard time reliably placing files back onto the flash after they were removed. I am not a fan of software flashing so I this is why I recommend having a hardware flasher to backup and restore your NAND.

Thank you BioHazard for your answer !

I took advice your suggestions and I did hardware flashing.

And even if I have a bad block (that I never had before), it works now !

This Bad block is probably the consequence of my LPT flash (yes, I used a LPT :p), so I will try to do another flash to erase this bad block, but not now^^

Thank you again for your suggestions,

Spideraider

hey is there an install video . i would love to try this out but im a visual learner lol and also so i know i dont mess up i will be using usb for the whole project ftp is weird on my computer