RealModScene
wuzizname

GTA 5 starts, then hangs?

Hey folks, having some frustration here and looking for any help you can offer.

Specs:

360 slim Corona 4gb internal flash

1tb external HDD

Freestyle dash 3.0b ver 775

M$ dash 16203

Installed Disc 1 files as instructed onto external HDD contentZero''s545087A (or whatever number was on disc 1)

Installed Disc 2 files into my external HDD "Games" folder, like always.

Both discs are installed and running off the external HDD, I couldn't install disc 1 content onto the internal mem card because it only has like 2 gigs of space on it.

Both ISOs extracted using XBox Backup Creator v.  2.9.0.425, ISO unpacked off PC and onto USB flash, loaded onto xbox.

The game loads fine, load disc 2 and I get the intro, copy right notices, and warning not to shut off when saving icons etc.. then I get a screen showing bikini girl or hooker getting busted by the lady cop. I then hang out with her for a long time.. this is as far as I get. No errors, no warning, no crashing, but it doesn't progress past this.

I tried deleting Disc 2 off the external, and running it off a 2nd USB drive to see if having another drive might make a difference, it doesn't. Unforunately, I can't burn a disc because my drive is stock firmware and not flashed.

Any advice? Perhaps it is just a bad unpack? Any tips you can send my way will be super appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

W?

disc one must go on HDD content mate. It won't run of an external, and you could also do with your dash updated 16537 is current. 

I think your going to have to get a hard disk for the "side" of the machine bud.

you could also do with your dash updated 16537 is current. 

Not required, 16203 works with all games to-date, there's really no need to update to 16537 yet

Thanks for the replies everyone. Saw another thread that made sense to me and I will try.

I do have a 32gb partition on my external HDD that I formatted through the Xbox's M$ dash to extend as an official save device. Advice was to open this partition using Horizon or xplorer360 and injecting the Disc 1 files into it's contentzeros ... this makes sense to me and I'm going to give it a whirl.

Hoping to not need another HDD, wallet is thin right now!

disc one must go on HDD content mate. It won't run of an external,

I am running it on an external bud. ;) It works. Thats just a rumor spread by some people who couldn't figure out what to do...  

Any advice? Perhaps it is just a bad unpack? Any tips you can send my way will be super appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

W?

My advice? Don't delete the disc 1. Set it up all like this : External: // Games folder / Grand Theft Auto V / DVD1 AND DVD2 / (INSIDE) DVD1 there should be no content folder just the remaining files because the content folder goes in the content's location / (INSIDE) DVD2 Everything that there is already. This would work. Yes do name the discs DVD 1 AND DVD 2. And btw make sure you have the latest DASHLAUNCH too. I.e. 3.09...

I am running it on an external bud. ;) It works. Thats just a rumor spread by some people who couldn't figure out what to do...  

My advice? Don't delete the disc 1. Set it up all like this : External: // Games folder / Grand Theft Auto V / DVD1 AND DVD2 / (INSIDE) DVD1 there should be no content folder just the remaining files because the content folder goes in the content's location / (INSIDE) DVD2 Everything that there is already. This would work. Yes do name the discs DVD 1 AND DVD 2. And btw make sure you have the latest DASHLAUNCH too. I.e. 3.09...

The proper way is to copy the content folder to a Memory device that can be used from the official dashboard, then running disc2 like any other... "install" discs doesn't work when run extracted (normally anyways, maybe GTA V does? idk... but it's a waste of time and space!)

It's not a rumour by ppl that don't know how to do it, it's from ppl like me that know what the hell we're talking about, the Xbox 360 dashboard DO NOT read content from USB: it does however read from USBMU:Content000... there's a difference between the 2...

• Like 1

Hey guys - yeah this has gotta work, I have globs of space on the 32 gig partation I made as a extended MU.

I don't know for Horizon, never had the need for it. Is this software the best to manage these partitions or do you guys have any recommendations for other / better?

Or will FSD file manager navigate USBMU partition fine enough?

Hey guys - yeah this has gotta work, I have globs of space on the 32 gig partation I made as a extended MU.

I don't know for Horizon, never had the need for it. Is this software the best to manage these partitions or do you guys have any recommendations for other / better?

Or will FSD file manager navigate USBMU partition fine enough?

F3 will browse it just fine, personally i use Party Buffalo

Closing notes-

FSD navigates to USBMU just fine and dandy. Posted the disc 1 into USBMU:Content000... and disc 2 into my usual game rip folder and she's all good!

Thanks all.

Closing notes-

FSD navigates to USBMU just fine and dandy. Posted the disc 1 into USBMU:Content000... and disc 2 into my usual game rip folder and she's all good!

Thanks all.

There! See Swizzy, I answered him because I knew he was using the hdd like me (i.e. extended mu and games in the same) But I get your point too. :)Enjoy GTA V Wuzi ;)