RealModScene
cylent

kinect sensor update

Hello all.I just bought a new xbox 360 today to play gta v as well as a kinect sensor.when i try to start a kinect game it tells me to update and i am not sure how to proceed. its been a while since i had an xbox. last time was back in 2009.It says "Freestyle 3"  Dash version: 3.0b Rev775a screenshot of my dash and versions.please advise / help.

post-12020-0-58912000-1379671122_thumb.jpg

My kinect is connected.

Most likely they patched the system without a kinect

Now. I downloaded the USB update from Microsoft and put it on USB. When I boot up it asks me to update but I say no then f3 loads

What to do ?

check your xbox kernel, then get the system update for that same kernel and apply it

if your box is connected to live then you've much to learn

you need to block xbox live updates

kernel version is 16202, it is displayed in the screenshot. Make sure you either update to the latest or use the CORRECT usb update to add the missing Kinect data

K I fixed it.

First I connected the Xbox to the Net

Unplugged the kinect from console

Plugged it back in

It gave me an update required to use kinect.

At this point I freaked because I was in fear it'd mess things up. I decided to hit yes and let it proceed

Once done the system rebooted and my kinect games worked.

Problem solved.

Now the second question without making a new thread is how to configure the kinect sensitivity via the f3 GUI because I need to get into the regular dashboard I believe.

Update to Dashlaunch 3.09 and look in the settings if updating is blocked. If it's blocked the 360 is looking for update files in $$systemupdate instead of $systemupdate. your memorystick should be fat or fat32 and not NTFS. You should use update 2.0.16.202.0. If you use anything newer your jtag will become an ordinary 360 without the possibility to Jtag it again since the update burn E Fuses, so be careful with updating your 360. There is a newer update however you should install a freeboot Before you ever update your 360. Freeboot emulate how many EFuses are burned so the update don't burn any more of them. Always use the same system update as your freeboot used and never update if your not sure what it is. It's most likely why they turned of the update feature with dashlaunch so you don't brick your jtagged 360. Don't forget to turn it of again when you are finished so your family members or friends can't update your 360 when they try any new games. New games have a $systemupdate folder and if it's newer then yours it will ask you if you would like to update. it's safer when it's turned of since kids or Girls often update the 360 by mistake. I know atlest 3-4 people that their kids or girlfriend broke their 360 by updating it. Your only option then is to buy a new one. What kind of 360 is it? an old one or a slim? how is it modded? JTAG or Glitch? Nand X CYGNOS or something else? you can update the freeboot diffrently depending on how it*s modded. When you know what you have got just google it and find out how.....

Oki, never mind if you solved it, however remmember this it you try to update...

K I fixed it.First I connected the Xbox to the NetUnplugged the kinect from consolePlugged it back inIt gave me an update required to use kinect.At this point I freaked because I was in fear it'd mess things up. I decided to hit yes and let it proceedOnce done the system rebooted and my kinect games worked.Problem solved.

Hang on... you got an update from xbox live and it didn't brick your console?

it wasnt from XBL, it was from the HDD

i am not sure to be honest.

although, That Fuckin Guy, maybe right about it being from the HD. because when i monitored my router during the update there hardly was any traffic passing through even though it was connected to the net. and no i am not signed into live or anything.

What kind of 360 is it? an old one or a slim? how is it modded? JTAG or Glitch? Nand X CYGNOS or something else? you can update the freeboot diffrently depending on how it*s modded. When you know what you have got just google it and find out how.....

this is the most interesting part of all this.

back in the days of when the xbox was released. the days of when gta4 was live i had like 3 xboxs because they kept heating up dying so i learned the heat-gun ways of repairing the xbox.

that was not a fun experience as i lost a pretty amount of money repairing and collecting xbox parts as i was persistent on repairing the red ring of death myself.

then i hopped the ps3 bandwagon and today i decided to screw it i am sick of the ps3 so i sold it and here i am back to my beloved xbox.

i am not sure exactly what method they used to "Mod" this unit and i really would like to know. the question now is as you asked whether its JTAG or Glitch? Nand X CYGNOS  or whatever ... what can i do to find out? 

i am leaning towards the RGH whether its v2 or not because my unit has the "Trinity" or even "Corona" power connector. they both look the same.

i am willing to tear it apart although i prefer a software method if possible?

you can obtain some basic info about your box via dashlaunch; check out the lower right corner for it, eg:

Posted Image

for a falcon with rgh v.1