RealModScene
dingdong

Xbox crashed after trying to update FSD and won't boot again

Hey,

I'm a huge noob at RGH, I downloaded GTA V and later tried to update when i had some errors and problems with running it, i know the basics but not too well. 

anyway, i followed some guide using AutoGG to update my FSD through WiFi, suddenly the xbox just froze, I turned it off and since then I've tried running it normally and it won't boot, also i heard i could turn the xbox without the FSD (pressing the CD button) but it also didn't work.

I'm guessing the FSD files in my XBOX are corrupt, Is there a way I can access the hard drive and install the FSD manually, offline through the PC or something?

I really want to solve it on my own, I could only get it to a technician in over a week and I really want it fixed :

Thanks from advance any helpers :)

if you tried to update your xbox kernel and the xbox froze you may ned it reflashed.

If nothing happens when you press the eject button (No blue screen) you'll need to take it back to your JTager/rgher

On default when the TV is on and theres no input I have a blue screen and its the same when I'm trying to turn on the xbox.

and what do you mean by 'reflashed'? is it something i can do on my own or an rgh tech can only do?

i think irish dave is right, it doesn't sound to me like you have the knowledge or tools to fix this on your own.  If FSD was corrupt, your Xbox would still boot to the microsoft kernel.  The FSD kernel isn't actually a replacement dash that runs your xbox 360, its a game that operates as though it were a dashboard.  This game must have the microsoft kernel files in order to run properly.  The primary function of autogg isn't updating FSD, if you wanted to do that you should have just used the freestyle dash installer located on this site.  The freestyle dash installer can be burned to a disc or run from a usb and will update your freestyle dash and dashlaunch if your xbox is connected to the internet.  If you enable beta updates in FSD it will even update itself when connected to the internet.Going on, when you updated through autogg, you were not updating just FSD (even though that is one of the things that autogg CAN do) you apparently rewrote your Nand.  The Nand of the Xbox can be thought of somewhat like a bios for a PC; without the Bios, or without the right bios your computer wouldn't be able to boot up.  Similarly, if you updated your Nand through autogg with the wrong type of bios it will cause your Xbox 360 to stop functioning correctly.  What you've described about the way your Xbox is booting, one green light, nothing else, is indicative of an incorrect bios.  If you can't boot to Xell by pushing the eject button, I'm afraid your screwed.  You will need to take it to the person who RGH'd or Jtagged your system in the first place and hope that they had the decency to save your CPU key and Nand.  They will have the equipment needed to reflash (flashing meaning to rewrite) your Nand with the correct image.  Then your console should work just fine again.  In the future, it would behoove you to thoroughly research the process before updating your kernel.  You'll want to know what type of motherboard your console has, what dashboard it needs, what your cpu key it needs and above all, never ever turn your console off in the middle of a Nand flash until the program your using says it is done.

i think irish dave is right, it doesn't sound to me like you have the knowledge or tools to fix this on your own.  If FSD was corrupt, your Xbox would still boot to the microsoft kernel.  The FSD kernel isn't actually a replacement dash that runs your xbox 360, its a game that operates as though it were a dashboard.  This game must have the microsoft kernel files in order to run properly.  The primary function of autogg isn't updating FSD, if you wanted to do that you should have just used the freestyle dash installer located on this site.  The freestyle dash installer can be burned to a disc or run from a usb and will update your freestyle dash and dashlaunch if your xbox is connected to the internet.  If you enable beta updates in FSD it will even update itself when connected to the internet.Going on, when you updated through autogg, you were not updating just FSD (even though that is one of the things that autogg CAN do) you apparently rewrote your Nand.  The Nand of the Xbox can be thought of somewhat like a bios for a PC; without the Bios, or without the right bios your computer wouldn't be able to boot up.  Similarly, if you updated your Nand through autogg with the wrong type of bios it will cause your Xbox 360 to stop functioning correctly.  What you've described about the way your Xbox is booting, one green light, nothing else, is indicative of an incorrect bios.  If you can't boot to Xell by pushing the eject button, I'm afraid your screwed.  You will need to take it to the person who RGH'd or Jtagged your system in the first place and hope that they had the decency to save your CPU key and Nand.  They will have the equipment needed to reflash (flashing meaning to rewrite) your Nand with the correct image.  Then your console should work just fine again.  In the future, it would behoove you to thoroughly research the process before updating your kernel.  You'll want to know what type of motherboard your console has, what dashboard it needs, what your cpu key it needs and above all, never ever turn your console off in the middle of a Nand flash until the program your using says it is done.

i got same issue / had same issue , Updated my kernel through xebuild 1.8 . Although i sended it back to the store who jtaged it for me , Really hope it can be fixed without any issues =) 

Thanks a lot moses_373, I read through everything you wrote and I'll take this to the guy as soon as I can, I remember he had backed up and even given me a copy of my nand so I think everything should be fine if that's the problem.

• Like 1