RealModScene
JPizzle

How to Fix Non Booting Console After DashLaunch Update

got the nand now how to get xbox back running wht to do

Once you have your nand and key, build a new image using xeBuild GUI or whatever NAND Builder you prefer... the output file (updflash.bin) you need to put on a USB memory/harddrive formatted in FAT32 like so:x:updflash.binwhere x: = the letter of your device in windows... once you've done this just boot XeLL with this memory in the console and it'll flash your nand and thus fix it...all of this is in the first post of this thread ;)

Hi guys, I'm having trouble with my jtag xbox360 which refuse to boot after I updated dashlaunch to 3.0.

After reading this thread, I turn on my xbox360 using eject button and it did show me an IP. However, regardless of different browsers and PC used, I can get it to load.

Posted Image

Can I ask someone, anyone for help? I'm a newbie and it has been a while since I last update my xbox.

Hi guys, I'm having trouble with my jtag xbox360 which refuse to boot after I updated dashlaunch to 3.0.After reading this thread, I turn on my xbox360 using eject button and it did show me an IP. However, regardless of different browsers and PC used, I can get it to load. Can I ask someone, anyone for help? I'm a newbie and it has been a while since I last update my xbox.

My guess is that your network cable isn't connected?The IP shown is the same as would be default (which it falls back to if all else fails) you can't use Wifi with XeLL...

You're right, it was not connected as the console was on wifi before. Now that I have it connected I now have nand dump.

Just that now figuring out the next step to get my console back working. Any advise is appreaciated.

You're right, it was not connected as the console was on wifi before. Now that I have it connected I now have nand dump.Just that now figuring out the next step to get my console back working. Any advise is appreaciated.

Now you open your dump in xeBuild GUI or whatever NAND Builder you prefer and build a new image using it... generally they will fix all the settings for you automatically, you'll need to give it your cpukey tho (which you can find with xell also)Once you've done that you name the output file (the new image) "updflash.bin", put it on a USB device that is formatted in FAT32 and start with this memory in the console, it should (if the xell version isn't super old) flash your nand with the new image (updating/fixing your console)

I use jrunner to create the image and now my console is back running.

Struggling to get kinect system updated. Plugged in usb key with $$ystemupdate folder and boot the console but nothing happened.

I use jrunner to create the image and now my console is back running.Struggling to get kinect system updated. Plugged in usb key with $$ystemupdate folder and boot the console but nothing happened.

Try launching a game...

I wento into game list and no games were indexed.

So, you started F3 then tried launching a game?Then you might have a problem with the USB device, your dashlaunch configuration or using the wrong version of the update...You need to have these:- launch.ini with "noupdater=true"- FAT32 formatted USB device with a single partition (multipile partitions might also work but i recommend a single partition...)- A folder named "$$ystemUpdate" with the files from 2.0.16537.0The files should be like this:x:$$ystemUpdatesu20076000_00000000etc.where x: is the usb device...

So, you started F3 then tried launching a game?Then you might have a problem with the USB device, your dashlaunch configuration or using the wrong version of the update...You need to have these:- launch.ini with "noupdater=true"- FAT32 formatted USB device with a single partition (multipile partitions might also work but i recommend a single partition...)- A folder named "$$ystemUpdate" with the files from 2.0.16537.0The files should be like this:x:$$ystemUpdatesu20076000_00000000etc.where x: is the usb device...

Yes, started F3 and launched a game, kinect game. It does not detect my kinect.

I do have "$$ystemUpdate" folder in the root of my FAT32 stick, console off, stick in, console on, straight to FSD. No prompt for update.

My stick is fine, I can see it appear and accessible from FSD file manager.

Now I redownload the file again from your link above, just in case there was something off with the one downloaded earlier. Finger crossed.

Just an update. Even with the new downloaded file it does the same.

Although this time I went into XEXmenu while the usb stick still plugged in and suddenly a dialog popup asking me to update.

I clicked on yes and it went on updated then rebooted the console. When booting up, another dialog popup to update system and I said yes. Right after that kinect is working again. Tested working 100%.

Cheers.

I too seem to be having problems viewing Xell Reloaded on my TV, through a HDMI cable. I also seem to be unable to view it on the PC when I enter the current IP address.

Any thoughts?

I too seem to be having problems viewing Xell Reloaded on my TV, through a HDMI cable. I also seem to be unable to view it on the PC when I enter the current IP address.

Any thoughts?

Any idea of what version you have of xell-reloaded? Any idea of what motherboard model you have?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The motherboard is a Trinity, not sure what version of Xell Reloaded it was. It use to work no problem, and now for some reason it doesn't. The only think I have done recently is install the latest version of dashlaunch 3.12. I thought that maybe my Nand might now be corrupt, but I am not sure quite how that would have happened. I have emailed the guy who did the RGH mod for me, to ask him to send me a copy of my original Nand, as it would seem that I probably need it.

Everything else on the console works fine. The only thing it is not letting me do is boot into Xell Reloaded  via the eject button, like I use to be able to.

You'll have to excuse me,if I sound like a nobb.  :)

You can use xelllaunch to start xell-reloaded also, you'll need to put xell next to the xex tho

Please excuse me for my stupid question, but what xell do I put next to what xex. It would help me if you made reference to the directory structure.

Please excuse me for my stupid question, but what xell do I put next to what xex. It would help me if you made reference to the directory structure.

Download xell reloaded, download the latest dashlaunch (inside you'll find the latest xelllaunch) extract etheir xell-1f.bin or xell-2f.bin and put it next to the default.xex file in the xelllaunch folder... start it up and xell should start just fine :)

If you need me to i can prepare a package for you...

• Like 2

Swizzy, I have spent absolutely ages trying to sort this problem out. Thank you thankyou thankyou. It now loads no problem.

i got the same problem i was trying to update my dashboard and now my xbox doesn't boot and now when i boot it i see red dot 

but xell boot fine i made Freeboot image and i putted it in usb fat32 but xell reloaded doesn't detected it and i'm sure the name is "updflash.bin" 

i tried something called raw flash , xell detected the xeneon.elf but i got blank screen after that 

can someone help me please ?

i got the same problem i was trying to update my dashboard and now my xbox doesn't boot and now when i boot it i see red dot 

but xell boot fine i made Freeboot image and i putted it in usb fat32 but xell reloaded doesn't detected it and i'm sure the name is "updflash.bin" 

i tried something called raw flash , xell detected the xeneon.elf but i got blank screen after that 

can someone help me please ?

You probably have a MMC corona, meaning you need to reflash using hardware...

The problem is most likely related to fcrt.bin beeing missing/corrupt

You probably have a MMC corona, meaning you need to reflash using hardware...

The problem is most likely related to fcrt.bin beeing missing/corrupt

yes i have MMC corona 

which hardware i should use ? 

and there something called debian if know anything about it , it will work with me ? 

yes i have MMC corona 

which hardware i should use ? 

and there something called debian if know anything about it , it will work with me ?

You need a MMC card reader and something to connect your console to that reader with, or you can get yourself a Corona4G R/W Kit or a Maximus SDTool for instance...

Debian is a Linux Operating system, you can use it if you want, but since you didn't know what it was, it's going to be more advanced for you to use that rather then windows with nandMMC or similar...

However, seeing as you have no idea what any of this stuff is, i'd recommend that you contact who ever hacked your console, or try to find someone that does know all of this stuff and ask them to do this for you, it's VERY easy to break your console if you do things wrong here... so, get someone else to do it for you is my advice ;)

You need a MMC card reader and something to connect your console to that reader with, or you can get yourself a Corona4G R/W Kit or a Maximus SDTool for instance...

Debian is a Linux Operating system, you can use it if you want, but since you didn't know what it was, it's going to be more advanced for you to use that rather then windows with nandMMC or similar...

However, seeing as you have no idea what any of this stuff is, i'd recommend that you contact who ever hacked your console, or try to find someone that does know all of this stuff and ask them to do this for you, it's VERY easy to break your console if you do things wrong here... so, get someone else to do it for you is my advice ;)

thank you for answering my questions 

i'm trying to flash it with debian 

i'm following this tutorial : http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/18170-tutorial-how-to-flash-your-nand-using-debian-live-cd-and-your-pc/

but when i reach final step i got this error : 

Untitled.png

you have any i dea why i got this error ? 

thank you for answering my questions 

i'm trying to flash it with debian 

i'm following this tutorial : http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/18170-tutorial-how-to-flash-your-nand-using-debian-live-cd-and-your-pc/

but when i reach final step i got this error : 

Untitled.png

you have any i dea why i got this error ? 

You can't run linux on the console, and you can't use the Xbox Specific tools, you need to use DD and set the path to the MMC card reader... it's not going to work with a Xbox 360 specific linux, it has to be done using your regular computer aswell as with hardware connected to your motherboard as i explained earlier...

Your image is also WRONG, you have to make a 4G corona image, not a regular corona image... (read this guide for more info on how to do this using xeBuild GUI: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ )