RealModScene
JPizzle

How to Fix Non Booting Console After DashLaunch Update

So you have a console that you have neglected to update in far too long and now a 'certain game' has come out that requires you to be on the latest kernel (dashboard) to play. You have decided to use the new XeBuild update feature but by installing the latest dashlaunch on your very outdated kernel you have caused the console to no longer boot. DON'T WORRY, IT'S NOT BRICKED !!

First thing you need to do is boot the console into XeLL Reloaded, you can do this by powering your console on with the eject button. Once XeLL Reloaded has gone through it's boot process you will see that it lists an IP for your console at the bottom.

Posted Image

Make sure that your console and computer are connected to the same network, open a web browser on your computer and in the address bar type in the xbox's IP address. you will now be greeted with XeLL Reloaded's HTTP interface. In this interface you have the ability to download a full NAND dump directly from your console to your computer and also see your CPU Key displayed for you.

Posted Image

Now you can use these to build an UPDATED working FreeBOOT image with XeBuild or any other of the GUI tools that use XeBuild. 
See additional tutorials available on this site for help with building an updated FreeBOOT image.

Quote taken from post by datastream because I am too lazy, Thanks datastream :p

Download xeBuild_GUI_2.091, (this version has dash 16537) then from there you can build your image, it's really straight forward, it will build an image for you that you can then put on a formatted FAT32 usb key. (you would put this file on the root of the USB key and then power your machine on with the eject and it should then update xell)

when you open the program, load your source file (your nand) then a little further down you load your CPU key... you should then see all green "ticks" along the bottom of xebuild... (this is the old way to do it but in your case sounds like the best way for now.) if you don't see all green ticks then don't proceed and report back.

Generate your image, this will make a file called "updflash.bin" copy this to a fresh formatted usb FAT32 key, stick it in your xbox and power it on with "eject" let it update..... 

it works, it just doesnt display on screen. I hope you know your xboxIP... might be able to find it in your routers settings.

No video support for it on coronas ? Darn that suck :p And yep i do , But my problem is diffrent , My xbox worked a while after update , Could still be the same issue even if its delayed ? 

I opened the flashdmp.bin in XeBuild and I put the CPU key in the textfield. Now the app made the updflash.bin. If I flash this .bin in Xell, it will fix my box? I don't want to spoil it more.

No video support for it on coronas ? Darn that suck :p And yep i do , But my problem is diffrent , My xbox worked a while after update , Could still be the same issue even if its delayed ?

No, your issue is not relate to dashlaunch. 

I opened the flashdmp.bin in XeBuild and I put the CPU key in the textfield. Now the app made the updflash.bin. If I flash this .bin in Xell, it will fix my box? I don't want to spoil it more.

yes, it wil flash and after reboot the console will boot. report back after you flash please :)

Okay then , Well i sended it to the persons who made it for me , Im sure they can figure it out , Thanks JPizzle

It works! Thank you JPizzle!

Hi, I'm very new to Xebuild never once use it and still confused by the readme.txt as well as the guide posted here: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-108-update-tutorial/

I was able to boot into xell but still can't acces the xell page on Firefox using the xbox ip displayed in Xell. I have the following given by the previous owners:

nandflash.bin

nandflash.txt

orignand

what do I do with those in order to boot into FSD/dashlaunch? I can't understand any tutorials using the CMD can someone please guide this noob to unbrick his xbox?

Previous build before black screen: RGH Slim, Dashlaunch 3.07, 14699

I would like to install and get dashlaunch 3.09 with 16537 dashboard working. I already have xexmenu installed prior to black screen.

if you could explain a little more then we might be able to help. what have you done to your machine, and what state is it in? a more detailed question and you'll get more detailed help. 

when i was installing the dash launch the dash asked to restart after that i don't have any image but it still goes on xell reloaded

I LOVE YOU

YOU SAVED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus, everything that can go wrong is doing just that. I can't get the xebuild_GUI to work or open correctly. All i get is the command line box with the error message. (invalid command line) Can someone please help me to get xebuild working so i can create this nand/image to boot my slim??

Did you defiantly download the GUI version and not just the command line version....if your really stuck, RAR and send me your nand and cpu key and I'll build an image for you. ;) (of course via PM and not in the open forum)

Jesus, everything that can go wrong is doing just that. I can't get the xebuild_GUI to work or open correctly. All i get is the command line box with the error message. (invalid command line) Can someone please help me to get xebuild working so i can create this nand/image to boot my slim??

that'd be "xebuild" not "xebuild GUI" ;)

i got same error not https interference is  not working wht to do

It's not https, it's http... other then that, if you can't fix it using XeLL you'll need to get a hardware flasher in order to fix it (NAND-X or similar...)