RealModScene
JPizzle

How to Fix Non Booting Console After DashLaunch Update

So you have a console that you have neglected to update in far too long and now a 'certain game' has come out that requires you to be on the latest kernel (dashboard) to play. You have decided to use the new XeBuild update feature but by installing the latest dashlaunch on your very outdated kernel you have caused the console to no longer boot. DON'T WORRY, IT'S NOT BRICKED !!

First thing you need to do is boot the console into XeLL Reloaded, you can do this by powering your console on with the eject button. Once XeLL Reloaded has gone through it's boot process you will see that it lists an IP for your console at the bottom.

Posted Image

Make sure that your console and computer are connected to the same network, open a web browser on your computer and in the address bar type in the xbox's IP address. you will now be greeted with XeLL Reloaded's HTTP interface. In this interface you have the ability to download a full NAND dump directly from your console to your computer and also see your CPU Key displayed for you.

Posted Image

Now you can use these to build an UPDATED working FreeBOOT image with XeBuild or any other of the GUI tools that use XeBuild. 

See additional tutorials available on this site for help with building an updated FreeBOOT image.

Quote taken from post by datastream because I am too lazy, Thanks datastream  :p

Download xeBuild_GUI_2.091, (this version has dash 16537) then from there you can build your image, it's really straight forward, it will build an image for you that you can then put on a formatted FAT32 usb key. (you would put this file on the root of the USB key and then power your machine on with the eject and it should then update xell)

when you open the program, load your source file (your nand) then a little further down you load your CPU key... you should then see all green "ticks" along the bottom of xebuild... (this is the old way to do it but in your case sounds like the best way for now.) if you don't see all green ticks then don't proceed and report back.

Generate your image, this will make a file called "updflash.bin" copy this to a fresh formatted usb FAT32 key, stick it in your xbox and power it on with "eject" let it update..... 

So you have a console that you have neglected to update in far too long and now a 'certain game' has come out that requires you to be on the latest kernel (dashboard) to play. You have decided to use the new XeBuild update feature but by installing the latest dashlaunch on your very outdated kernel you have caused the console to no longer boot. DON'T WORRY, IT'S NOT BRICKED !!

First thing you need to do is boot the console into XeLL Reloaded, you can do this by powering your console on with the eject button. Once XeLL Reloaded has gone through it's boot process you will see that it lists an IP for your console at the bottom.

Posted Image

Make sure that your console and computer are connected to the same network, open a web browser on your computer and in the address bar type in the xbox's IP address. you will now be greeted with XeLL Reloaded's HTTP interface. In this interface you have the ability to download a full NAND dump directly from your console to your computer and also see your CPU Key displayed for you.

Posted Image

Now you can use these to build an UPDATED working FreeBOOT image with XeBuild or any other of the GUI tools that use XeBuild. 

See additional tutorials available on this site for help with building an updated FreeBOOT image.

Quote taken from post by datastream because I am too lazy, Thanks datastream  :p

thanks for this solution but I have a question, I run the latest xell loader and at the and of booting there is networkconfig with an IP but when I put that IP in my browser It wont connect to the webinterface of Xell. The computer and the xbox are on the same network and until a hour ago ( before the dashlaunch update they were both visable). What is wrong? or what am I  doing wrong? Thanks In advance for your advise!

The problem of non connection is solved. the XBOX360 was in wireless connection with my router wich gave a conflict!

I wired it and now there is the web interface so I can go to step 2

Thanks!

Edited by elflamingo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi bro I fallowed your steps & it worked but as i am new I dont know how i will build free boot image. I have Jtaged Xbox360 with kernal: 2.0.14699.0, what should i do to get latest dash version which can play gta5 also. please tell me what should i do after this tatorila I downloaded that raw flsh file and rest of two files also.If u send me step by step tattorial link if u have i will be very thankful to from this favor.

greeting. Follow this topic below 

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2205-xebuild-108-update-tutorial/

I updated my cosole from 14699 to 16537. Everything seems normal but after auto reboot, the console goes to a black screen with one red light flashing. Turn on with eject button cant go into xell, connect tv with hdmi or av cable does not help either. seek for help.(sorry for my english)

this is ths updating info:

---------------------------------------------------------------
     xeBuild v1.07.632
---- { Update Mode } ----
started, watching network for xbox...success, found xbox beacon at 192.168.0.36
connected to Jasper with updsvr version 2 (peek version 2)
sending flash data to console...
file sent OK, awaiting result...success!
Completed in 9s
loading avatar data...
success!
Formatting HDD partition...
success!
Sending avatar files to HDD partition...
success! Avatar data is successfully sent to the console!
Completed in 23s
sending reboot command...OK
16537_gg_jasperbb.bin image built, info:
Kernel    : 2.0.16537.0
Console   : Jasper (big block)
NAND size : 64MiB (system only)
Build     : Glitch
Xell      : power on console with console eject button

Help when i try to boot xell screen becomes red as like showing an error

Make sure you don't have any usb devices connected, they're likely causing this (XeLL is crashing)

• Like 1