RealModScene
flaviochief

GTA V pop-up textures/objects

So Rockstar has advised that you should only install DVD 1 but you shouldn't install DVD 2 because that'll lead to texture/object pop-ups.I'm using DVD 2 on my external Hard Drive, is there anyway to go around this pop-up situation without using the DVD?

im running the data from dvd2 from the hard drive (not as an installed/game on demand) and havn't seen any problems.

Maybe they don't want you to "Install disc to HDD" for the time being.

• Like 1

Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary but I'll defo keep an eye out for this and report back  :)

When you 'install' Disc 2 to the hard drive, the xbox is creating something like 35+ 166mb files, most of the GTA files on Disc 2 are in the 1.5gb range, this could be the texture lag where 1 file is bein broken up into several, where-as most of us has the game just extracted to a GTA folder

• Like 1

Im having the exact same problem, it's REALLY annoying (hard to miss popups on 106")

So the solution would be NOT to make a GOD? Should i just copy over the content from the ISO file and launch via the .xex file? Or can FSD even read a game that isnt GOD? Should i just launch from xexmenu? Help greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Only thing i have noticed is colours of dark cars. Up close they can look blotchy and blurred.

Seems like irishdave's is working. But apparently he isn't using GOD. I hope he returns to explain just how he installs his games :)

i had a problem using god with game freezing but when using extracted game and running the default.xex it worked fine no pop up at all as far as im aware and iv completed the main story without a hitch 

Can i simply FTP the extracted Disc 2 folder to anywhere on the Xbox and launch default.xex with xexmenu? It won't try and update something or anything else?

So I tried moving GTA V to my internal XBOX 360 drive and it's even worse.Just keep DVD 2 on your external Hard Drive.Rockstar is bound to release a patch or something that'll smooth it out.

This doesn't seem to be an issue with 7200RPM drives it seems.

I guess you could put disk 1 on HDD and Disk 2 on USB

The game was built to load from DVD+HDD at the same time. Which has a higher transfer rate to Memory.

When trying to load from multiple places on the HDD the overspeed drops, and the content can't keep up with the gameplay.

All GTA games since GTA3 have had this issue in one way or another.

Just keep each disk on a seperate Disk and all should be fine.

Don`t want to create new topic, but I have some problems with GTA V too.

For me everything works good. Game starts with no crashes, I can see all buildings (no texture lag). Just when I drive a car game starts to lag. Something like a big FPS drop... Each 5 seconds I have this FPS drop :/

• Installed disk1 and disk 2 to internal hard drive;
  • Intalled disk 1 to internal drive, disk 2 USB stick;
  • Intalled disk 1 to internal drive, disk 2 external hard disk (7200 RPM);
  • Tryed diferent game realeases.

Still I have the same problem. Maybe somebody has it too? Even google don`t help this time :/ 

Hello

I have exactly the same problems with pop-up textures/objects, which is a really game breaker. I have JTAG with both discs installed to internal harddrive. Does anyone have a fix yet please? Tried TU5, but didn't fix issue.

Can someone confirm that having the two discs on separate storage devices fix the issue? If so, how do I install disc 2 to USB flash drive please? Haven't ever needed to do as such as all games have worked perfectly from drive until this bug ridden game.

I LOVE the GTA series, but this one is really p'ing me off now.