RealModScene
JPizzle

XMPlayer V0.0.4 : a new version of the libxenon media player

First Post!

Anyhow. DL'd and ran xmplayer from dashlaunch (newest). Starts up fine and I can navigate the UI perfectly. No freezing issues...until

I try to play a movie.  :huh:

Tried avi and mp4, from a usb and HDD. Tried running xenon.elf from usb and HDD. Same result in all situations.

As soon as I select a file it comes up "start from 00:00" or "play from beginning". select either option and the video freezes on the xbox (rgh btw), fans still going but no response and I have to turn off the system to reboot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Try to use this one below, and if possible set it up to log telnet output...

Here is XMPlayer compiled with telnet, just follow the included readme and post the output on pastebin.com when you have it:

http://peecee.dk/upload/download/421784

First Post!

Anyhow. DL'd and ran xmplayer from dashlaunch (newest). Starts up fine and I can navigate the UI perfectly. No freezing issues...until

I try to play a movie.  :huh:

Tried avi and mp4, from a usb and HDD. Tried running xenon.elf from usb and HDD. Same result in all situations.

As soon as I select a file it comes up "start from 00:00" or "play from beginning". select either option and the video freezes on the xbox (rgh btw), fans still going but no response and I have to turn off the system to reboot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi. I ran into the same problem, when running the program from the internal Hd. After that, I placed the files on an usb pen, and worked fine :)

@Developer: exit to dash results in a system reboot. It would be a nice feature of it could go back to FSD. Also, digital sound and network streaming would be a blast. Dont mind my ignorance, i don't kwow anything from programming.

Hi. I ran into the same problem, when running the program from the internal Hd. After that, I placed the files on an usb pen, and worked fine :)

@Developer: exit to dash results in a system reboot. It would be a nice feature of it could go back to FSD. Also, digital sound and network streaming would be a blast. Dont mind my ignorance, i don't kwow anything from programming.

Digital sound requires lot's of reversing... Libxenon currently don't support it, therefor XMPlayer don't etheir...

Rebooting to FSD requires a full reset no matter what as XMPlayer is running in XeLL which have nothing to do with the dashboard, the entire thing has to reload in order for everything to work properly...

Network streaming i guess would be something i can add a little later when i feel like coding more libxenon stuff, there is already a project which have this support (samba) any other form of network streaming is currently out of the question for me...

it does freeze, when I try to play a video from my usb , it freezes !! I was trying to play a full hd movie 1080p

it does freeze, when I try to play a video from my usb , it freezes !! I was trying to play a full hd movie 1080p

Full HD isn't supported yet, maybe that's why? ;)

ahhh , okay then.. but is it going to support full HD movies any time soon ?

Quite difficult to say, the problem with full HD is that it requires ALOT from the machine, and right now i don't think we have full power at our disposal... iirc full hd can play, but it's laggy as f*ck (a.k.a. not worth watching)

Arabic subtitle not working correctly its show as symbol 

Try replacing the font as is stated in the readme...

freezes each time i open a folder in which my movie is placed :(

Do you have a huge ammount of movies in there? that could be the cause...

if u mean in the folder then no

but in the HDD i do have a lot of movies and tv shows,but not in that specific folder though

and i even tried opening an empty folder and it still freezes

Doesn't work if I run it from dashlaunch, no videos will play and the program freezes.

Works just fine running it from usb stick, except audio is not in sync.

same issue here, xmplayer just freeze when tried to play mkv file (man on fire). tried both 'start from beginning' and 'start from 0:00'

This could be caused by the codec... there is no way anyone can help troubleshoot it without knowing more about the file mkv is just a container, inside it is the video/audio data encoded using a codec... when it's run on the console it needs to be decoded into something that the console can use natively, and if your codec isn't optimized enough or if there's to much data to process at any given time it'll not be compatible...A Somewhat common problem is ppl trying to play movies that have source data is 1080p, the maximum that have been tested without laggs and such is 720p... and even then not all will work flawlessly... if you're trying to play 1080p videos, then that is the source of the issue, otherwise if it's lower then 720p (scene releases tend to have names that specify if it's 720p or above, so if yours doesn't have any such info let's assume it's lower)

i have the same problem as some people 

i press "start from beginning" and "resume from 00:00" on any file and the xbox freezes and i shut the power down to fix this...

i also tried what you told but i think that i got something wrong 

any help would by (very) appreciated.

the main error i got from the telnet is:

[iso9660] Error: fs_iso9660: disc is not iso9660

how can i fix that?

All this program does es give me RED Screen every time Program Sucks..

Or it's you since you don't report the crash... try a different memory and supply us with a screenshot of the error...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Here is XMPlayer compiled with telnet, just follow the included readme and post the output on pastebin.com when you have it:

http://peecee.dk/upload/download/421784

Am unable to download.... just shows a blank page!!! Please help... My Xmplayer(0.0.4) just freezes when i try to play any video... have to manually shut it down by pressing the power button...

i have the same problem as some people 

i press "start from beginning" and "resume from 00:00" on any file and the xbox freezes and i shut the power down to fix this...

i also tried what you told but i think that i got something wrong 

any help would by (very) appreciated.

the main error i got from the telnet is:

[iso9660] Error: fs_iso9660: disc is not iso9660

how can i fix that?

I have exactly the same problem... have you got a fix to that ?

I have exactly the same problem... have you got a fix to that ?

Try to start via xell may be your problem was solve

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Hello developers. This looks like one of the most useful apps for the 360 as I would love to use mine to play all sorts of media. Have you stopped working on this as I haven't seen a new version for over a year now. Pretty sure you guys must have received a lot of bug reports by now. So are you working on the project still or moved on to bigger and better things??

Hello developers. This looks like one of the most useful apps for the 360 as I would love to use mine to play all sorts of media. Have you stopped working on this as I haven't seen a new version for over a year now. Pretty sure you guys must have received a lot of bug reports by now. So are you working on the project still or moved on to bigger and better things??

i for one don't work on this anymore... there haven't been that many bug reports tbh, there are very few that actually report bugs they notice... either they don't know how, or they're just too stupid to realize that we don't know about bugs that nobody mentions...