RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
MackTK

Little help with tempbars

Hello,

First of all, thanks to the authors of the great program FSD3. I'm sure it was a lot of work and time involved and thank you again for that.

I have a little question. I'm new to skinning, but I want only one thing mainly. :) I want to change the color of the tempbar in the Default skin. I want instead of green-yellow-red, to replace it with a green-green-yellow bar.

I changed accordingly the colors in in the theme's Images\Interface\Dash Artwork\Temp Bar with the colors wanted, but it seems that it hasn't any effect.

Any tips, guys?

Thank you!

I'm new to all of this, so sorry if I put dumb question. I open the skin.xur (I don't have any xui) with Xbox UI Tool and after that it asks for a xui, which if I don't specify the program closes.

I feel a little embaressed, as I put some newbie questions which I'm sure they have answers around here. I would like to have more time to study the problem, and not asking for spoon feeding, but when you have two jobs with 16 hours per day at least, time is remarkable short to look around.

Please forgive my questions that are more or less easy to answer / find.

Glad you figured it out :) another zip that might help you out to skin faster... the xui files are just xml files so you can edit these in Visual Studio or notepad if you want :)

(Thanks c0z for pointing this out to me a few weeks back :))

Glad you figured it out :) another zip that might help you out to skin faster... the xui files are just xml files so you can edit these in Visual Studio or notepad if you want :)

Thank you for the tip! ;)

hi murf, both keyser and i are looking for a method to translate the game catagory titles(Xbox 360 games, xbox classic games, etc) located in skin.xml file(check keyser's thread: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/188-skinxml/#entry708). but it seemed that xml file only support ansi charset, which means it wont support languages with other charset. your comment gave me a strong feeling that it was not controlled by xex but the skin itself. do you have any idea on that?

Hmmm. A new problem with FSD3 now...

I used xuipkg.exe (version 2.0.20871.0) to extract / build xzp. Now if I modify the temps bar, upon entering Xbox 360 Games, the Xbox Freezes. The same behavior occurs when I just unpack then pack the default skin.

If I choose another option besides "Coverflow" for displaying the games, it works. Tried on 5 consoles, 2 PCs.

Any ideeas, guys?