RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Jason Ang

I'd like to upgrade FSD 1.2 to latest, don't know how to identify which method was used to jtag

Hello All, 

Need your help here.  I paid someone to jtag my machine.  When I brought it home, I have FSD 1.20.  The problem is, I'd like to update it to the latest fsd now.  But I don't know how.  I believe there is several methods to jtag.  Software method, and the chip method.  Please let me know how to proceed.  Thanks!

just upload the latest fsd to a new folder FSD 3.0.755 or what ever and set your launch.ini to load it instead of the 1.20

:)

you may need to update your kernel also to the latest if your on an old one too

• Like 1

Hello irishdave, 

Since I'm new to this modding thing, can you point out where launch.ini is located?  Which kernel do I need to update?  Any links that show how?  

Also read somewhere that almost always, you have to update dash launch.  Is this correct?  Any links you can share?  Or can I do it within my existing FSD 1.2?

Thank you for your help.

Freestyle 1.2 I'd say it's very safe to assume he's a Jtag and not a RGH. Don't think they were around when 1.2 was.

You would need to know which type of wiring though.

Either open your console, and look where the wires on your jtag are connected to, (almost every solder junction on the 360 board has identifying marks on it.) or take a picture for us. (This would probably be a pita for ya)

...or use an app like AutoGG which should be able to identify the current patches and pass em on to a new image. Think it displays said patches too, so you'ld know what the heack you have in the future.

http://www.forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=742959 ---- old tutorial but will probably still work out. I haven't seen any postings about an updated autogg, so I'm going to assume it's one of the many apps that are updating themselves now a days. I know it'll get you as far as a 16203 kernel. At the least you'll be able to get what you need to update to whatever the latest kernel is, with xebuild or whatever app tickles your pickle.

well what kernel are you on now?

Hi. Sorry, I don't have the information since I don't know how to get it.  I assume I can see it in FSD?

Freestyle 1.2 I'd say it's very safe to assume he's a Jtag and not a RGH. Don't think they were around when 1.2 was.You would need to know which type of wiring though.Either open your console, and look where the wires on your jtag are connected to, (almost every solder junction on the 360 board has identifying marks on it.) or take a picture for us. (This would probably be a pita for ya)...or use an app like AutoGG which should be able to identify the current patches and pass em on to a new image. Think it displays said patches too, so you'ld know what the heack you have in the future.http://www.forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=742959 ---- old tutorial but will probably still work out. I haven't seen any postings about an updated autogg, so I'm going to assume it's one of the many apps that are updating themselves now a days. I know it'll get you as far as a 16203 kernel. At the least you'll be able to get what you need to update to whatever the latest kernel is, with xebuild or whatever app tickles your pickle.

I'm not comfortable opening up the console, since this will take me longer than expected.  AutoGG sounds like a reasonable thing to do.  By using it, will I be able to find out more about my existing system and able to upgrade it to the latest FSD, Dashlaunch, kernel?  Play all games?

Will the games still be playable in my old kernel and FSD if I don't update it?  Looking at Diablo 3 :-)

The older the kernel version, the less games you'll be able to play. I.E. to play GTA 5 you have to be on the newest dash, or at least that's what I'm gathering from others postings. It's always been like this, and always will be for majority of the future games. That's the only reason we get off our asses and update our boxes.

By going into your system settings on NXE, you'll be able to determine your console's present kernel.

system settings -> console settings -> system info = Dashboard - 2.0.?????.0

AutoGG will be able to update the kernel for sure, it may be able to include other apps too, depends on if blackcats gave it the ability to do that. I don't use it. But it's one of the easiest ways for beginners.

Whatever you do, before applying any new image be sure to save two copies of your existing nand dump and a txt file with your cpu key.

Did the guy you purchase the console from give you any kind of dump files, backup files, etc...?

To run the latest versions of FSD, you have no choice but to update the kernel, unless you are already past I think it was 14197. or around that ballpark. But yes if you take your time and read the autogg tutorial and how to understand it's GUI. You should learn everything you need to know about your console, worst case scenario (assuming you save your cpu key and a copy of your present nand) it'll do it for you automatically, not display any console specific info such as your patches in use. It'll update the console and you learn nothing. But you'll be updated so who gives a shit. I think I remember why I never gave that app a chance, the english translation was horrific. Maybe try Jrunner. But I don't think Jrunner can dump through your lan. So you might need to google an app that can dump your nand via the console side. Flash360 sounds right for that job, or maybe it was 360flash. Ahh as the night gets longer I get drunker :)

PS- Google is your friend. http://www.homebrew-connection.org/files/xbox/nand_flasher/dl_Simple_360_NAND_Flasher_v1.2.rar

launch.ini is always in the root of which ever memory source you are booting from. I.E. harddrive, usb hd, usb thumbdrive. These many apps come with files called readme.txt (usually) they're called that, because the devs actually want you to READ them and learn how to use them, or tell you about what's changed.

That pretty much ends my helping you.

honestly man... quoting a statement and asking a question that's already answered in it.... I can't help you anymore while remaining nice.... I understand you're scared/paranoid to take that leap, but it must be done. This is one of the reasons I stopped setting people's boxes that came to me. I found the easier I made it for them the more they harassed me in the future. sorry and good luck. YEah I'm an asshole. :)

I can help you , please PM me if you have interrest. I can also make you a UPDFLASH.BIN just to update if you dont know how to make it yourself.

Here is my EMAIL oOBlackTeresisOo@gmail.com send me a message.