RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Avngl

Updated to Dash Launch 3.09 and Xbox360 isn't booting

Hello guys,

I bought a used RGH'd Trinity console yesterday. The owner never updated the console so I updated it to the current version of FSD.

The kernel dash is : 2.0.14719.0

I needed the upnp function on the current Dash Launch to be able to update the kernel remotely. I copied the Dash Launch 3.09 folder into my flashdrive and booted into FSD. I copied the DashLaunch folder into the root of my xbox360 hdd , and removed the old version by deleting the folder. Then I opened the intallation folder and launch the .xex file. It says that it needed to update and I agreed and then it stated that it needs a reboot / shutdown. Once it shut down, I tried turning it on, but my console wouldn't boot up. The light in the middle stays on. I have tried turning it on and off for several times. It has been over 15 minutes, and still nothing. :(

Well I hope you have a backup of your last working FreeBOOT NAND, because if you don't you might be fucked. Call the guy you bought it from, he might still have a copy.

Take the FreeBOOT NAND, NOT ORIGINAL NAND, and place it in the root of a Fat32 formatted usb drive and name it 'updflash.bin'. Plug it into the console and then power the console on with the eject button, this will load XeLL and it will find the NAND and flash it for you.

Well I hope you have a backup of your last working FreeBOOT NAND, because if you don't you might be fucked. Call the guy you bought it from, he might still have a copy.

Take the FreeBOOT NAND, NOT ORIGINAL NAND, and place it in the root of a Fat32 formatted usb drive and name it 'updflash.bin'. Plug it into the console and then power the console on with the eject button, this will load XeLL and it will find the NAND and flash it for you.

Thank you. Someone helped me over at the IRC from another forum. Good thing, I did make a backup copy of the NAND. Flashed it with XeLL and it worked.Everything is fine now. Thank you for the reply. :)

i have same issue as you ROFL! Cept that i dont have a copy of my nand atm :p Will be fixed soon tho :)

go into XeLL (boot console with eject button) and it will show you n IP that you can use in your web browser to connect to the console. In the XeLL Web UI you can dump your NAND, use that NAND dump with XeBuild GUI or any other app that that uses XeBuild to create a FreeBOOT image and flash the new image with XeLL by naming it updflash.bin and placing it in the root of a fat32 formatted USB drive and booting into XeLL with it attached.

JPizzle!

If I don't have a NAND backup, can I fix my X360 this way (#7 comment)? I connected to the Xell WebUI and I downloaded the raw flash flashdmp.bin. Is it okay so far?What I need to do with XeBuild? I use J-Runner. Please help!

If you know how to use JRunner then go ahead and use that with the NAND dump to create an updated image.

I have just posted a tut in the tutorials section and also in the dashlaunch section on how to get a NAND Dump from your console that will not boot.